You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RB Leipzig's Naby Keita fined €250k for using false driving license

LEIPZIG, Germany -- Liverpool-bound Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita has to pay a fine of €250,000 on appeal for submitting false driving licenses to authorities.

News agency DPA says that the president of the Leipzig court confirmed that it had set 50 daily sentences of €5,000 each for the player. The fine was aligned to Keita's income, reportedly around €2 million.

Keita was accused of producing forged documents from his home country of Guinea in December 2016 and again six weeks later. The state criminal office in Saxony said they were total counterfeits.

Keita was originally fined €415,000 for the offences in February, but his lawyer appealed for a lower fine.

Keita is moving to Premier League side Liverpool at the end of the season.

• 1 month later...

If you've never seen him play, this video conveys his style of play better than anything I've ever seen. We're going to be very lucky to have weekly tickets to the Naby Keita show.

The man is like a hurricane in midfield. Just pure exquisite chaos all the time. And this is supposedly a "down year" for him!

• Upvote 7

If he carries on in that fashion for us with the likes of Firmino, Mane and Salah in front of him then our quota of dry bummings dished out per season is due to rise.

No wonder Klopp wanted him badly enough to wait a year for him.  Hopefully he won't take long to settle in here, but he's got what it takes to run fucking riot on a regular basis in our midfield.

What a player.

If you've never seen him play, this video conveys his style of play better than anything I've ever seen. We're going to be very lucky to have weekly tickets to the Naby Keita show.

The man is like a hurricane in midfield. Just pure exquisite chaos all the time. And this is supposedly a "down year" for him!

Some of those clips are fake or staged. No midfielder is that good.

• Upvote 1

Who was it who pointed out that the way we play the Midfield are constantly looking to get a toe on to the ball to disrupt the oppositions passes?

I'm seeing fucking loads of that here, can't wait.

Think we might get a ten  nil next season.

I cant wait to have that fear factor regardless of opposition.  We nearly have it but for some reason the shit teams give us all sorts of problems.

If we can get to the point where other teams have already given up that's when you can think about titles.  So many teams just didn't bother vs the mancs because they knew they would lose even though the teams that had a go sometimes got some joy!!

Mane, Salah, Firmino and Keita is going to be disgusting.

Just need some support for him and it could be a massive year.

Who was it who pointed out that the way we play the Midfield are constantly looking to get a toe on to the ball to disrupt the oppositions passes?

I'm seeing fucking loads of that here, can't wait.

What impresses me (well, one of the things that impresses me) is how often he wins the ball from a position where he shouldn't even be able to block the opponent's run, much less reach in and rob the ball.

Seems like about once a game he just bodies up to an opposing midfielder, who then screens the ball with his own body, and then somehow he gets his foot on the ball and emerges from the scrap with it.

We knew Cisse was coming for 2 years and he was the original YouTube superstar. Hope Keita (my autocorrect keeps on calling him Keith) fulfils his promise to a much higher level though

This is good

From now on in my head he will be known as Keith