You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How are people thinking we have improved. Coutinho has been amazing. Who is going to cover that?

Our attack is still pretty good with Mane, Firminho and Salah.

Keita and Van Dijk vastly improves defence and midfield.

Obviously had Gourinho stayed it would have been evwn bettter but If we can bring in a replacement too, then this window would have been very good for us.

No such thing as a Coutinho replacement. Won't happen.

No Suarez replacement no Gerrard replacement no Alonso replacement no Torres replacement no Mascherano replacement etc.

We won't get a like for like, Coutinho has a set of skills unique to him, that's why he was so valuable.

However we can get a player in with a different set of skills that will become equally as valuable to the team in the near future, and I believe keita can be that guy.

• Upvote 4

How are people thinking we have improved. Coutinho has been amazing. Who is going to cover that?

Basically, our best team with coutinho had him playing in the midfield 3 and Lovren in defence. Keïta is an upgrade on Phil in that position, and we also have Van Dijk now. Hence, stronger first XI

Nah - you are just conflating two issues. If Coutinho stayed then VVD was still coming.

Do you think I would like to think so , but there track record is not good spending big without selling, only time will tell i hope your right

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Basically, our best team with coutinho had him playing in the midfield 3 and Lovren in defence. Keïta is an upgrade on Phil in that position, and we also have Van Dijk now. Hence, stronger first XI

This.

Keita in for Phil is a change in midfield emphasis, not a downgrade.

Would still like to see us add to the squad this window, but I'll leave that up to Klopp.

Guest Pistonbroke

No such thing as a Coutinho replacement. Won't happen.

No Suarez replacement no Gerrard replacement no Alonso replacement no Torres replacement no Mascherano replacement etc.

We won't get a like for like, Coutinho has a set of skills unique to him, that's why he was so valuable.

However we can get a player in with a different set of skills that will become equally as valuable to the team in the near future, and I believe keita can be that guy.

Exactly, players move on or get too old and retire, it has always been the same. You have to adapt and rebuild and that is what we are in the process of doing, albeit it has taken some time for us to have a manager who knows what he wants and what he is doing. 

Some fans just look for a negative in everything, miserable fucks. I'm not a huge FSG fan but we can't complain about how things have gone since last summer, Salah, Robertson, Chamberlain, VVD and Keita in, also Solanke. Only Coutinho and Sakho out who were of any note, maybe add Lucas to that but he was getting on. Fans also whinge about our January dealings of a rule, looks like we are going for it this January though and yet fans still find something to whinge about. So what if we are getting a lot of our business done now, there is a WC this summer which will inflate prices further and make the whole transfer market shorter and harder to navigate. We'll still be doing business in the Summer, I'm sure of that, but our main signings will have arrived in January and will be bedded in. Still a few weeks to go in this window as well. 

Apparently there is a leaked image of Keita holding a Liverpool top.

Photo shopped or real?

From the Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leaked-image-appears-show-naby-11843799

THP_CHP_130118SLUG_1261JPG.jpg

What's happened to journalism in this country? Time was a newspaper would TELL you if something was fucking real not fucking ask you. What a total pile of shite.
  • Upvote 5