You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call me cynical but , if we get keita and van dyke id say there's the cuthinho money done even if there paying extra to bring in .There is no way we are rolling that money over into the summer obviously that s been the plan all along for that money , people are thinking we have that money and the money we have got for him no chance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think it is cynical and wrong. But time will tell.

Guest Pistonbroke

Call me cynical but , if we get keita and van dyke id say there's the cuthinho money done even if there paying extra to bring in .There is no way we are rolling that money over into the summer obviously that s been the plan all along for that money , people are thinking we have that money and the money we have got for him no chance

Any chance you could wait until Summer before being a miserable fuck? Ta. 

Bad news Pearce strikes again.....

@JamesPearceEcho

12s12 seconds ago

More

Still no agreement between RB Leipzig and #LFC over Naby Keita potentially moving to Anfield this month. In fact told there's been "no progression at all" following initial discussions.

The Echo used to be the first place I'd go to to find out what's really going on at Liverpool, now it'd be among the last.
  • Upvote 1

Bad news Pearce strikes again.....

@JamesPearceEcho

12s12 seconds ago

More

Still no agreement between RB Leipzig and #LFC over Naby Keita potentially moving to Anfield this month. In fact told there's been "no progression at all" following initial discussions.

This Pearce fellow is holding us back so much.

No ambition whatsoever.

Without him I’d guess we could have had at least 3 trophies over the past couple of years.

• Upvote 2

Liverpool to sign Naby Keita on SUNDAY as Leipzig star registers company in the UK

Liverpool have a £51million deal in place for Keita to arrive on July 1 but following Philippe Coutinho’s move to Barcelona, Liverpool have been assessing their options on how to replace him.

RB Leipzig have been adamant that Keita would remain at the club until the end of the season.

But it appears the situation has taken a dramatic twist.

A company under the name ‘NK8 LIMITED’ has been registered on the Companies House website. Two people are listed as officers - Naby Deco Keita and Bjorn Alexander Bezemer.

And the website states Keita was appointed as a director on January 11.

Respected German football expert Raphael Honigstein wrote on Twitter: “interesting. it's legit.”

And journalist Chris Williams also tweeted: “Information from within Leipzig this evening that Naby Keita will become a Liverpool player on Sunday.”

Leipzig play Schalke on Saturday which could be Keita's last game despite coach Ralph Hasenhuttl insisting Keita would remain at the club for the rest of the season.

"The current situation is that nothing changed. We do not have a reason to sell Keita any time before the end of the season. That's it," Hasenhuttl said.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/904045/Liverpool-Naby-Keita-Companies-House-RB-Leipzig-transfer-gossip

• Upvote 1

Leaves us stronger on the run in. Slightly weaker in the final third because Coutinho has gone, but we have other players who are doing very well and this is the strongest part of our team.

Much stronger in defence with VVD.

Much stronger in midfield with Keita (assuming it goes through).

In the summer I’d love to see Pulisic and Alisson and then we will have a title tilt next season.

Aye, we do. Totally agree.

But I don't see the point in the criticism? VVD & Keita in, Coutinho out. A good keeper next - but no second choice in January.

For me, we have been financially conservative with our overall spending under Klopp. With massive new TV deals, increased commercial revenue, and champions league income, plus a surplus net spend under him, I feel as if signing Salah, Chamberlain, and Keita, plus VVD who they were going to get in the summer was from money already available. We need a keeper and a replacement for Coutinho - the latter being the minimum acceptable standard - for the dunces to make sense.

I generally defend FSG, but to kick on, we need to invest in this manager. I’ve never believed they have held back from making money available to spend, we’ve put 700m on players, but the last couple of seasons the maths has started to swing in the other direction. So I am expecting good investment in the summer, on top of normal amounts.

Aye, we do. Totally agree.

But I don't see the point in the criticism? VVD & Keita in, Coutinho out. A good keeper next - but no second choice in January.

Yes it looks good but realistically in the summer if that money was not earmarked for them too ,how much money will we have to spend,cause last summer we spent hardly anything for a club our size .Go's back to net spend which is 20 million a season with these chancers,they will not deviate from that without selling for big money to reinvest

Yeah but if the right keeper isn't available then wait. That isn't the owners holding us back. More Klopp knowing what he wants.

In a sense we can wait. We are not winning the league, and neither Alisson or Oblak can play champions league - and the team (certainly with VVD & Keita) is good enough for top 4 and the FA cup.

Buying those two isn't spending the Coutinho money, it is buying the best players we can get now.

Yes it looks good but realistically in the summer if that money was not earmarked for them too ,how much money will we have to spend,cause last summer we spent hardly anything for a club our size .Go's back to net spend which is 20 million a season with these chancers,they will not deviate from that without selling for big money to reinvest

Nah - you are just conflating two issues. If Coutinho stayed then VVD was still coming.