You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just looked up a Washington Post article. The context was America was playing against Mexico as the Presidential election was happening. It added a bit more spice given what Trump had said about Mexicans and the wall.

Pulisic (then 18 years old) said he didn’t vote. He said he wouldn’t have voted for either candidate and didn’t get to it, which I took as didn’t register to vote from overseas, as he lives in Germany.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/11/09/two-days-before-u-s-mexico-soccer-tim-howard-and-michael-bradley-react-to-trump-victory/?utm_term=.8f96db6937d0

• Upvote 1

His release clause was 48m. In the summer coming Barca could have bid 8bn for him if they wanted but if he fancied coming here instead then RB would still have had to accept the 48m because that was his release clause. The club offered them a premium a year early so that they agreed to the sale then and we could agree personal terms with him.

It’s one of the reasons why there were a few people flapping that if Keita has a change of heart mid season and somebody else comes along in the summer they could just offer the release clause themselves and agree different personal terms. I’ve never heard of this situation ever happening in football before but I wouldn’t be surprised if the player could null his personal terms agreement with us under the FIFA rules somehow.

He's gone, get over it.

How long has Pulisic been performing at this level? People balked at the price on Aguero's head, for example, when he was at a similar age but is he in that class or is it more about his speed, as someone suggested?

He'd be the most technically gifted player in our team now that Coutinho is gone. To be honest he looks like Coutinho in both stature and playstyle out there, but quicker. Coutinho played on a wing for Inter before he got to Liverpool.

There have been suggestions that the Merseysiders could pay an additional compensation fee to bring the deal forward to January with Bild recently claiming that Leizpig would privately consider an offer of £13m to sanction Keita's move this move.

But pressed about that possibility during the press conference ahead of the Premier League clash with Manchester City, Klopp said: "My understanding is there is nothing to say about it. When we had this conversation around Coutinho, I said there was nothing to say. I won't start doing that now. He is a player of Leipzig. That's what I know. He will be a Liverpool player in the summer. That is all we know."

On Pulisic, I read an independent article yesterday that mentioned £100M as the likely fee and I was shocked by this. But it also mentioned Man Utd would be very interested.

First and foremost he is a very good player - fast, skillful, an eye for goal, an eye for a pass and so on. He can play on the wing or move more centrally. He’s still very young so there’s plenty of improvement to come, and many more years of playing. On that basis, given the way the finances have gone through the roof in football, the mooted fee could almost be justified.

The other thing the Independent mentioned was that America hasn’t had a proper superstar player yet. There have been a few solid pros who did OK in the Prem e.g. Dempsey, Donovan, Howard etc. but America has not had anyone even remotely approaching superstar status. Pulisic could very well be that man.

The game is growing in America and (I almost feel dirty for saying it, so file under the sh**ness of modern football thread) the commercial upside that could be exploited here is enormous. With Pulisic in our ranks we would benefit from that and to American owners that could be very desirable.

First and foremost he’s a smashing player, and we know that Klopp really rates Pulisic on that front, as he already tried to sign him. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if the bulk of the Coutinho fee is spent on signing Pulisic this summer.

Coutinho out is bad, but if we end up with VVD, Keita, Pulisic and a top goalkeeper, we will challenge for the title next season.

Its 100 million because of the infinite amount of money he would rake in from america if he becomes the player most think he will be.

Its 100 million because of the infinite amount of money he would rake in from america if he becomes the player most think he will be.

We need our sponsors to start helping like they do for barca and the mancs.

There is no way they coughed all that for pogba and nike were massively involved with coutinho.

He'd be the most technically gifted player in our team now that Coutinho is gone. To be honest he looks like Coutinho in both stature and playstyle out there, but quicker. Coutinho played on a wing for Inter before he got to Liverpool.

Been doing some scouting on YouTube. He looks to be confident and influential considering his age. can see the Owen comparison (in a positive way).

Manuel Veth @ManuelVeth

Manuel Veth Retweeted RB-Fans.de

Latest from Leipzig is that Naby #Keïta will play his last game for #RBLeipzig tomorrow. #LFC

RB-Fans.de @rb_fans

Der @schfer_g arbeitet in der Printausgabe der morgigen #LVZ an seinem linken Ei: "Naby #Keita läuft voraussichtlich zum letzen Mal für RB auf." #RBLS04 #LFC

Translated from German by Bing

The @schfer_g works in the print version of tomorrow's #LVZ on his left egg: "Naby #Keita expected to be the last time for RB open." #RBLS04 #LFC

Call me cynical but , if we get keita and van dyke id say there's the cuthinho money done even if there paying extra to bring in .There is no way we are rolling that money over into the summer obviously that s been the plan all along for that money , people are thinking we have that money and the money we have got for him no chance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Manuel Veth‏ @ManuelVeth

Manuel Veth Retweeted RB-Fans.de

Latest from Leipzig is that Naby #Keïta will play his last game for #RBLeipzig tomorrow. #LFC

RB-Fans.de‏ @rb_fans

Der @schfer_g arbeitet in der Printausgabe der morgigen #LVZ an seinem linken Ei: "Naby #Keita läuft voraussichtlich zum letzen Mal für RB auf." #RBLS04 #LFC

Translated from German by Bing

The @schfer_g works in the print version of tomorrow's #LVZ on his left egg: "Naby #Keita expected to be the last time for RB open." #RBLS04 #LFC

His left egg? He's got testicular torsion? Gonna out for a while with that.