You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yep, several times, even before we signed him. Pretty much all of what's been said above.

His main asset is definitely his dribbling ability, which is quite rare in centre-mids. He is ridiculous quick at changing directions which makes him very good at driving through the centre with the ball, bit like Yaya Toure used to do. He's also one of the quickest thinkers I've ever seen, proper eyes on the back of the head stuff at times. Also very good at reading the game, so he does get his fair share of interceptions.

That said, he still has a couple of areas he can still improve upon. His vision is exceptional. He always plays with his head up, so is always spotting players in open spaces. However, he can be a bit casual with the execution of his passing. He can be guilty of underplaying his passes, not quite putting enough pace on them which may lead to opposition interceptions. Other than that, he obviously needs to cut down the fouls. He does tend to leave the foot in even when it's clear he can't win the ball anymore. But, overall his weaknesses pale in comparison to what he can bring, and can easily be worked on. Can't see him failing here.

Fuck me his vision is just exceptional? Not fucking good enough. He needs to see much better than that if he wants to play here. And he plays with only his head up? Fuck off! If he wants to spend even a minute on the Anfield pitch, he needs to play with his cock up too. You can bet your arse if he's not spotting players in outer space as well as open space, he's gonna be a big fat failure. Fucking lazy pleb can play for the reserves till he fixes these massive flaws.

LIVERPOOL TO WAIT FOR KEITA

Any hope that Liverpool might have had of securing Naby Keita ahead of schedule this month appear to have been dashed by RB Leipzig's CEO Oliver Mintzlaff.

The Guinea international will join Liverpool in the summer but not before according to Mintzlaff, who told Bild: "Neither Naby nor his agent have made the request to leave the club in the winter.

"There are contracts, and they say that he will be a Liverpool employee from July 1 onwards."

Guest Pistonbroke

LIVERPOOL TO WAIT FOR KEITA

Any hope that Liverpool might have had of securing Naby Keita ahead of schedule this month appear to have been dashed by RB Leipzig's CEO Oliver Mintzlaff.

The Guinea international will join Liverpool in the summer but not before according to Mintzlaff, who told Bild: "Neither Naby nor his agent have made the request to leave the club in the winter.

"There are contracts, and they say that he will be a Liverpool employee from July 1 onwards."

If it was going to happen then I'm sure something would have been said a few days after Leipzig entered the German winter break. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Yup, could do with him early but they hold the cards.

They went into the EL after coming third in their CL group, they'll give that tournament respect as they are both a new club in the big scheme of things and will see it as a decent trophy to win at this young stage of the clubs life. They'll want Keita to give them a good chance of achieving that, plus they are still sitting in a decent position for CL qualification in their league but in a fight. They'd be daft to sell. The player himself has been dropped/rested/not arsed/suspended quite a bit this season, still a class act if he tries like.  

We could have the top three African players next season. I suppose Aubameyang factors into the equation too, so we either buy him and have the best four from the continent, or we don’t, and have three of the best four.

Who's the third? We getting Kolo back to partner VVD?

The last game of last season's Bundesliga against Bayern was the final tick in the box for me, a real eye opener.

Already on a yellow card, Keita almost single handedly waged war on the entire Bayern Munich midfield. His battle against our Xabi, Vidal, Ribery and Robben was amazing to watch and Keita's sheer passion, determination and will to win were reminiscent of prime Souness, Mascherano and Stevie G.

Leipzig lost that game 4-3 with a last gasp Arjen Robben goal but Keita had moved mountains to keep his side in it and keep Bayern at bay.

The sheer will to win that man possesses and the way he metaphorically lifted up his team, carrying it on his shoulders against one of the best sides in the world was something this Liverpool team just does not have anymore.

Keita possesses leadership, drive and an incredible never say die attitude akin to Carra, Gerrard and Luis Suarez.

One of the reasons why I've been so vocal in the Henderson thread is that in their defence of Hendo, people have exaggerated his talents ridiculously. Naby Keita is everything that Jordan Henderson dare not even dream of.

Night and day. Can't wait.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The last game of last season's Bundesliga against Bayern was the final tick in the box for me, a real eye opener.

Already on a yellow card, Keita almost single handedly waged war on the entire Bayern Munich midfield. His battle against our Xabi, Vidal, Ribery and Robben was amazing to watch and Keita's sheer passion, determination and will to win were reminiscent of prime Souness, Mascherano and Stevie G.

Leipzig lost that game 4-3 with a last gasp Arjen Robben goal but Keita had moved mountains to keep his side in it and keep Bayern at bay.

The sheer will to win that man possesses and the way he metaphorically lifted up his team, carrying it on his shoulders against one of the best sides in the world was something this Liverpool team just does not have anymore.

Keita possesses leadership, drive and an incredible never say die attitude akin to Carra, Gerrard and Luis Suarez.

One of the reasons why I've been so vocal in the Henderson thread is that in their defence of Hendo, people have exaggerated his talents ridiculously. Naby Keita is everything that Jordan Henderson dare not even dream of.

Henderson and Keita are not really comparable. Henderson is older and more injury prone while playing in a position he's never really played before Klopp's arrival while Keita is younger,fitter and a different type of player. I think you'll find that if Henderson ever recovers(I think he's fucked long term myself due to his injuries) they may both feature in the same line ups and not necessarily compete. I don't mind you saying that Keita is a big upgrade on Henderson,he most likely is,but I just don't believe Henderson deserves the criticism he gets. He's mostly injured now anyway.

Henderson and Keita are not really comparable. Henderson is older and more injury prone while playing in a position he's never really played before Klopp's arrival while Keita is younger,fitter and a different type of player. I think you'll find that if Henderson ever recovers(I think he's fucked long term myself due to his injuries) they may both feature in the same line ups and not necessarily compete. I don't mind you saying that Keita is a big upgrade on Henderson,he most likely is,but I just don't believe Henderson deserves the criticism he gets. He's mostly injured now anyway.

You're spot on about them both being different kinds of players, certainly positionally; what I was really comparing though were their leadership and will to win. Keita's is staggering, Hendo's meh.

This is absolutely spot on.

I've used this comparison more than once on here and some may tire of hearing it but Naby Keita is what you get if Luis Suarez played midfield. Confidence just drips off him, the absolute disrespect which he has for his opponents comes through in every move. Like Luis, he may not succeed every time he tries to nutmeg you, but he doesn't care because he knows he's just soooo much better than you are and he'll get you next time.

Our rivals are going to HATE Naby Keita. And we're going to love him. So glad he's ours.

His highlights from this season

That's this season.

He's not even been that great this season.

I'm trying to work out who will play alongside him, because he's 3 times as good as anything we currently have.  Chamberlain would be ok, much like for him, but both of them are hectic, we still might need a cooler head in the middle of the park.  

Keita is not a defensive mid.  Have seen and heard it a lot from fans, but it's not true, he's not that player.

Maybe it's not as big a problem when Van DIjk plays, as he'll be on the front foot a lot and be a sort of libero behind the midfielders.  But when he doesn't play, there needs to be an option of a player to sit-in and be a calming influence, someone with an overview of the pitch and the ability to control the tempo.  A Xabi, if you will. 

Still haven't heard us be linked with anyone, maybe there's something happening in the background that might be a surprise in the summer. 

Henderson and Wijnaldum seem like pretty shit solutions for that position, compared with the quality we're accumulating everywhere else.

-----------------------------GK----------------------------

Trent-------Van Dijk-----------Gomez--------Moreno

-----------------------------DM-----------------------------

---------------Chamberlain----Keita---------------------

Salah-------------------Lallana--------------------Mane

---------------------------Firmino---------------------------

Henderson

Klavan

Lovren

Matip

Robertson

Clyne