You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I still reckon we'll get him.

It's hit the stage of the window where blind optimism is the order of the day, so I can sneeringly call everyone else a hysterical fanny whilst suppressing my own suspicions that we've fucked it all up.

Yeah, I think we will get him too. 

With this CEO's recent comments I can't see it. 

I think he's doing all he can to make it seem like RB Salzberg aren't going to be an easy target for clubs in the future.  Money will make this happen, and the fans of RB Salzberg will be satisfied that the club did all it could to keep him but in the face of a huge bid made the right choice to sell.

RB Salzberg need a stream of potentially very good players to come through them because they can't go out and buy a player for £30m.  Potentially very good players will think twice about going to Salzberg if they think they'll be trapped there for 4 years.  If they keep Keita then they'll break that model and they'll sink like a stone in the coming years.

The problem with the BT and Sky money is that english clubs are being asked to pay more.  Unless English clubs realise that this extra money needs to be spent, then the quality of players in England will deteriorate.

AC MIlan got Bonucci for £20m less than City payed for Walker.  

Had City bid for Bonucci he would have cost £70m.

If you don't accept it then you're dropping your standards.

Keita will cost £75m.  Sure we could go and buy Goretzka for £50m, or Renato Sanches for £60m, but both are inferior players to Keita which is why they cost less.

As you say mate - the 90's - an FA cup, a league cup and another FA cup final! On the back of the eighties and pre - Chelsea and City (Wenger was 97).

We were penalties and a slip away!

This decade has been shit - but I think we are going in the right direction. Maybe it could be quicker, but I am sure we are moving in the right direction.

We also won a league title in the 90s