You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"If he plays regularly, that could certainly fee

Former Liverpool midfielder Jason McAteer told the Daily Mirror that he thinks Keita would be a good signing.

"I watch a lot of the Bundesliga and Keita is a terrific player. He's in the mould of N'Golo Kante and Claude Makelele

No Trigger, he's not, you were watching another black lad.

Liverpool to increase Naby Keita bid as Reds close in on Andy Robertson

An offer of up to £65m will try to prise Guinean midfielder to Anfield

Liverpool are set to increase their mammoth offer for Naby Keita as they look to wrap up an £8million deal for Hull City left-back Andy Robertson.

The ECHO understands the Reds will test RB Leipzig's resolve once again having had an initial bid of £57million for Keita rejected last week.

The Guinea midfielder is desperate to sign for Liverpool and has urged Leipzig to grant him his dream move to Anfield.

The hope is that a fee of around £65million (75million Euros) will convince the Bundesliga outfit to do business.

Liverpool are in advanced talks with Hull over the signing of Robertson, while Lucas Leiva is on the brink of completing a £5million move to Lazio.

The deal for Robertson won't go through in time for the Scotland international to fly off with the Reds squad to Hong Kong on Sunday, but the 23-year-old increasingly looks Anfield bound.

The ECHO revealed last month that Robertson was back on the Reds' radar having missed out on the signing of Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon. They had also inquired about Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy, but were told he was joining Manchester City.

Robertson's arrival is likely to trigger the departure of Spanish left-back Alberto Moreno , who is surplus to requirements at Anfield.

The Glasgow-born 23-year-old made 115 appearances for Hull following his £3million move from Dundee United in 2014.

Released by Celtic as a teenager, the attacking full-back launched his career at Queen's Park before being snapped up by Dundee United. Three years ago Robertson was crowned the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year.

Jurgen Klopp wouldn't be drawn on potential incomings following Friday night's 1-1 draw with Wigan.

“If whatever I say here would change anything in a positive way I would,” he said. “But I have no influence.

“It is not important what I say, it's only important what we do. We try to do the job. We feel in a good way. I can’t say anything on players.”

Lucas said his goodbyes at Melwood on Friday morning before heading off to discuss personal terms with Lazio.

Asked about the Brazilian's imminent departure, Klopp said: "I am not 100% sure because I'm not sure how it is at the moment but I think for Lucas, outstanding, fantastic time at Liverpool, we should talk about facts and not rumours.

"We have to wait, I'm not sure. Maybe something, maybe not, like last year and half a year ago"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-increase-naby-keita-bid-13335873

Not gonna post the tweets because they are in french but the Guinean journalist who's been on the ball on the Keita case and has been previously retweeted/followed by Joyce and Pearce has basically said the following:

DoF, Ralph Ragnick is the principle reason why the deal has not moved forward. He doesn't want to sell him.

The manager and President of the club are open to a potential sale because they don't want a disinterested player.

In sum, there is a divide within RBL concerning the transfer.

Keita and his representatives are thinking of trying to force the deal (I assume with a transfer request) but would rather it not come to that. 

Liverpool will bid again Monday or Tuesday.

@makadjiamadou

Not gonna post the tweets because they are in french but the Guinean journalist who's been on the ball on the Keita case and has been previously retweeted/followed by Joyce and Pearce has basically said the following:

DoF, Ralph Ragnick is the principle reason why the deal has not moved forward. He doesn't want to sell him.

The manager and President of the club are open to a potential sale because they don't want a disinterested player.

In sum, there is a divide within RBL concerning the transfer.

Keita and his representatives are thinking of trying to force the deal (I assume with a transfer request) but would rather it not come to that. 

Liverpool will bid again Monday or Tuesday.

@makadjiamadou

Nailed on

In addition to Keita, just put a bid in also for Rangnick to replace Edwards. Problem solved.

Well, I'm half-joking and not that it's ever going to happen, but wouldn't actually be the stupidest idea. He was a very good football coach himself and has pretty similar ideas to Klopp. Appointed two of the most counter-pressing-oriented managers for Salzburg and Leipzig in Roger Schmidt and Hasenhuttl. Given his apparent stance against the rest of the Leipzig board on Keita, he also clearly values the footballing side over the financial one. Also fucked Hoffenheim off when they sold Luis Gustavo to Bayern.

• Upvote 1