You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I can see why klopp wants him. From the limited bits ive seen of him, he looks a very direct player who isnt afraid of running at players. He looks like hes got a bit of everything.

Looks a much better player then the ox, hopefully we can get this one over the line.

German football expert Lee Price (??? - no, me neither...) has told The Express that he's been told that Keita to us is all but a done deal. The player wants to move and RBL are just hanging on to get the highest possible price.

Sounds like a large pinch of salt job, to me....

If his name was Herr Leespitz Pricemann I'd be a lot more confident.

German football expert Lee Price (??? - no, me neither...) has told The Express that he's been told that Keita to us is all but a done deal. The player wants to move and RBL are just hanging on to get the highest possible price.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/823219/Naby-Keita-Liverpool-transfer-news

Naby Keita to Liverpool: I’ve heard a deal has been agreed - German expert Lee Price

NABY KEITA has agreed personal terms for a move to Liverpool, according to German football expert Lee Price.

Italian journalist Gabriele Marcotti this morning stated an agreement in principle had been reached with the player.

And that has been been backed up by Price, who has written two books on the Bundesliga - including a biography on Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp.

Price has watched Keita shine for RB Leipzig in Germany and he’s confident he will sign, then take the Premier League by storm.

Price said: “I’ve heard Liverpool will definitely sign Keita and Leipzig are now just trying to get as much as possible for the player.

“Keita caught Jurgen Klopp's attention immediately upon arriving in Germany - scoring the winner against Dortmund on his debut for Leipzig.

“At the minute, Leipzig are playing hardball, but have already begun moves to replace Keita.

“Personal terms have been agreed with the player, who will offer an energetic midfield option which is capable of dictating the play.

“His agility will suit Klopp's high press, while his technical skill will provide someone who can carve a defence open.”

Publicly the Bundesliga club have so for insisted that the highly-rated midfielder is not for sale.

But the Reds have yet to be put off by the all-action Guinea international - who is rated at £70m by his club - and may put in a bid to see how Leipzig respond.

Liverpool’s current transfer record is the £39m they paid to sign Mohamed Salah from Roma last week.

He wrote a book called the bundesliga blueprint or something. I think he's trying to get a 2nd re print off the ground as wespeak.

Excited about this lad if we get him, but why can't we ever pluck this sort of talent from obscurity. Both the Red Bull clubs seem to do ok, Salzburg bought Mane, but Leipzig only founded in 2009, promoted through all Divisions to Runners up in the Bundesliga, bringing thru Timo Werner, Forsberg, Keita for peanuts, among others. We should get their scouting network in place.

• Upvote 2

He's a weird one because he's not Hazard or Bonnuci, he's the stitching in a masterpiece, and people always overlook the stitching in atop team but Kante has shown twice in two years how important it is.

Unbelievably he has more to his game than Kante and can run a game, he's like a slimline Yaya Toure or an upgrade on Herrera. Hard to get excited about those sort of players, especially for £70m, but this lad seems intent on being one of the standout midfielders in the game for the next decade.