You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

40m is a lot of money for 5 mins at the end of every PL game and the odd fa cup game,  love it when pundits call him 'the ox' though. He has no end product or footballing brain and shite goal record. He needs games to build his confidence if he is going to make it here, jury is out

• Upvote 1

Can't help but think that £35m would have been better spent on Walcott.

I think he's midway through a contract to 2019, so I do wonder if this January might be a good time to look at the approach. 

65 PL goals, can play across all 3 front positions.

Always felt he was criminally under-used and under-developed by Wenger.   Sure. injuries played a part, but he's played in over 25 PL games of 5 out of the last 7 seasons. 

65 PL goals, can play across all 3 front positions.

The transfer policy is not the issue. We've got some of the best scouts in the world. We were after Mbappe before he'd even played a game for Monaco. We were after Thomas Lemar in the summer of 2016 when no-one was interested in him.

You can also see Ousmane Dembele, Lacazette, Icardi, Guerreiro, Mkhitaryan, Diego Costa, Dell Alli and numerous other examples of our scouts unearthing real gems and the club failing to get those deals over the line.

The problem is FSG... and their penny pinching ways. That is the fundamental issue and until that's addressed we will continue to have a makeshift back 5, a shit bench, and we'll also be forced to sell our best player every other year because there's no ambition to move forward or even consolidate our top 4 status.

Klopp has been here for 2 years and we're running at a £15m net spend per season. Koeman is on a £30m net spend per season at Everton. Mourinho is on £150m net per season. Pep is on about £175m net spend per season.

Blaming Klopp is foolish because it allows these idiots on the board to wriggle off the hook. Klopp gets all the flack while these jokers self-sabotage deals, refuse to pay what needs to be paid, and just generally act like mingebags. It's beyond the pale.

Spot on. I'm sick of knobheads having a go at Klopp all the time. He's made some mistakes since he's been here but the players who shit themselves against Sevilla were mostly the leftovers from the last regime. We should have bought who we needed to buy this summer when we got in the Champions League but again we've stood still.

By the way, have we ever been after icardi?

Spot on. I'm sick of knobheads having a go at Klopp all the time. He's made some mistakes since he's been here but the players who shit themselves against Sevilla were mostly the leftovers from the last regime. We should have bought who we needed to buy this summer when we got in the Champions League but again we've stood still.

By the way, have we ever been after icardi?

Nah the closest we have got to him is our players drinking bacardi before games 

Decent yesterday, first signs that he might be a useful player for us.

Needs time obviously, to adapt to the way we're playing.

He's been poor up until yesterday, but I'm prepared to give him a couple of months more at least before judging him.

I'd like him to get more than 10 minutes on the pitch, so I can have an opinion.

• Upvote 1

Just wondering if Mane as a centre forward and AOC as a winger, with Salah, might be a better way to go against Park the bus teams? This assumes AOC kicks on. Today was much better, but it was only a few minutes.

Firminho does so much work moving the center backs around, stretching them out, creating time and space for the wide players, you'd lose that without him and become a bit 1-dimensional (ball over top, run fast)  I think.

The way we do it now, where mane/salah rotate into the CF position and firminho out wide for short periods of the game seems like a better balance and likely to be more difficult for center backs to keep track of.