You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

Who capitalizes “you” FFS? The state of the world....

I'm not English. Forgive me. Here our equivalent word is spelled with a capital letter, but thanks for pointing it out Mr. Library.

Now go translate what I wrote to Danish, and I'll point out Your failings.

• Upvote 3

You know what ive always found this place to be pretty decent and fair minded

That guy has basically stated what we are all thinking and not one of you has responded with an answer

Theres no fucking hidden agenda, none of us have got it in for Klopp or the club

I live five minutes from the ground and go all the games not that that makes me special in any way

The transfer policy is dismal end of, every fucking supporter i speak to says the same thing

Everyone around where i live is scratching their heads about the 'ox' 

Going forward we are great, Mane best player in the league for me

Fuck me your hearts in your mouth every time the ball is near our goal

We need defenders urgently and have done for several seasons, sort it out please

• Upvote 4

That guy has basically stated what we are all thinking and not one of you has responded with an answer

Theres no fucking hidden agenda, none of us have got it in for Klopp or the club

I live five minutes from the ground and go all the games not that that makes me special in any way

The transfer policy is dismal end of, every fucking supporter i speak to says the same thing

We need defenders urgently and have done for several seasons, sort it out please

My reply would be that Klopp has made us better since he got here and by qualifying for the CL it should be acknowledged that he's done a decent job to date.  Instead posters like the Dane are concentrating on all of the negatives and it's only October.  

It's too early to write the Ox off, too early to throw in the towel this season and there's no point crying about transfers.  

The transfer policy is not the issue. We've got some of the best scouts in the world. We were after Mbappe before he'd even played a game for Monaco. We were after Thomas Lemar in the summer of 2016 when no-one was interested in him.

You can also see Ousmane Dembele, Lacazette, Icardi, Guerreiro, Mkhitaryan, Diego Costa, Dell Alli and numerous other examples of our scouts unearthing real gems and the club failing to get those deals over the line. 

The problem is FSG... and their penny pinching ways. That is the fundamental issue and until that's addressed we will continue to have a makeshift back 5, a shit bench, and we'll also be forced to sell our best player every other year because there's no ambition to move forward or even consolidate our top 4 status.

Klopp has been here for 2 years and we're running at a £15m net spend per season. Koeman is on a £30m net spend per season at Everton. Mourinho is on £150m net per season. Pep is on about £175m net spend per season.

Blaming Klopp is foolish because it allows these idiots on the board to wriggle off the hook. Klopp gets all the flack while these jokers self-sabotage deals, refuse to pay what needs to be paid, and just generally act like mingebags. It's beyond the pale.

• Upvote 12

The transfer policy is not the issue. We've got some of the best scouts in the world. We were after Mbappe before he'd even played a game for Monaco. We were after Thomas Lemar in the summer of 2016 when no-one was interested in him.

You can also see Ousmane Dembele, Lacazette, Icardi, Guerreiro, Mkhitaryan, Diego Costa, Dell Alli and numerous other examples of our scouts unearthing real gems and the club failing to get those deals over the line.

The problem is FSG... and their penny pinching ways. That is the fundamental issue and until that's addressed we will continue to have a makeshift back 5, a shit bench, and we'll also be forced to sell our best player every other year because there's no ambition to move forward or even consolidate our top 4 status.

Klopp has been here for 2 years and we're running at a £15m net spend per season. Koeman is on a £30m net spend per season at Everton. Mourinho is on £150m net per season. Pep is on about £175m net spend per season.

Blaming Klopp is foolish because it allows these idiots on the board to wriggle off the hook. Klopp gets all the flack while these jokers self-sabotage deals, refuse to pay what needs to be paid, and just generally act like mingebags. It's beyond the pale.

Spot on

I'm not English. Forgive me. Here our equivalent word is spelled with a capital letter, but thanks for pointing it out Mr. Library.

Now go translate what I wrote to Danish, and I'll point out Your failings.

Don't be sad. You learnt something new today. Also, "Mr. Dictionary" would be a better choice than "Mr. Library." 

I'd be happy to take you up on your offer, but I don't know how to translate a language to a breakfast food.

For you: paragraphs.

Top post that mate,the Randy Lerner way to run a football club.Tony M (when you can stop him talking about biscuits) had it weighed up when he said that Klopp had got a brief to keep us knocking around the top six.Anything else is a bonus.As long as the turnstiles keep clicking they will be happy.They could let us slide down to Villa's level and they would still make profit from a sale.Today's talk of a takeover is all bollocks in my mind,more hope than anything.I'm sure that Jurgen will try his best to win trophys,but he'll do it without much help from our absent owners.
  • Upvote 3

You got from Denmark to five minutes from the ground pretty quick. Fuck off Code.

Don't be sad. You learnt something new today. Also, "Mr. Dictionary" would be a better choice than "Mr. Library." 

I'd be happy to take you up on your offer, but I don't know how to translate a language to a breakfast food.

I know. I tried to spell dictionary, but couldn't remember if there was an "i" like dictionairy, so I changed it to other.

My reply would be that Klopp has made us better since he got here and by qualifying for the CL it should be acknowledged that he's done a decent job to date.  Instead posters like the Dane are concentrating on all of the negatives and it's only October.  

It's too early to write the Ox off, too early to throw in the towel this season and there's no point crying about transfers.  

I never said he haven't done a great job. What I said was his transers so far, or lack of is alarming. Not sure we can blame the club, as he have got what he wanted so far. Maybe except VVD. Who dropped the ball there, I have no idea. I stated numerous times I like Klopp, but his ability in transfers really pisses me off, same as ingame managment, but that's a debate for another time. But still we are way way off the top teams now.

Did we bid for Lemar in 2016 ? genuine question.

Of the ones You mentioned did we ever have a snowball chance in hell of signing them ?

When I read Arsene Wenger interviews he always goes on about who he nearly signed. If he had got them they would have won every championship since he took over.

Souness today saying he would have conquered the world had he signed Cantona and Schmeichel, well he wouldn't because as good a footballer he was, he was equally shit as a manager.

Almost doesn't cut it in my world. Whoever is to blame I don't know honestly, but reading todays papers, and if the *Stavely thing is true there might be some asset management going on. Due diligence and keeping tidy books.

But Klopp should then stop speaking nonsense about not needing anything, or there isn't 5 defenders in the whole world that is better than Klavan.

We won't challenge for top four this season bar a blinder in January if it isn't to late, We'll probably beat the mancs, that's almost a given, but then we'll continue to let in stupid goals against all the bottom half teams as usual, and with the players we have it is really no surprise. I might be a bit negative, but it's just it hurts like a motherfucker knowing that it was again time to push on, and it's groundhog day like last time we qualified for the CL. I was seventeen in 1990. How old will I be if it ever happens again ? at the current state I'll probably be dead or world war 3 have broken out and suspended the league.

I never said he haven't done a great job. What I said was his transers so far, or lack of is alarming. Not sure we can blame the club, as he have got what he wanted so far. Maybe except VVD. Who dropped the ball there, I have no idea. I stated numerous times I like Klopp, but his ability in transfers really pisses me off, same as ingame managment, but that's a debate for another time. But still we are way way off the top teams now.

Did we bid for Lemar in 2016 ? genuine question.

Of the ones You mentioned did we ever have a snowball chance in hell of signing them ?

When I read Arsene Wenger interviews he always goes on about who he nearly signed. If he had got them they would have won every championship since he took over.

Souness today saying he would have conquered the world had he signed Cantona and Schmeichel, well he wouldn't because as good a footballer he was, he was equally shit as a manager.

Almost doesn't cut it in my world. Whoever is to blame I don't know honestly, but reading todays papers, and if the *Stavely thing is true there might be some asset management going on. Due diligence and keeping tidy books.

But Klopp should then stop speaking nonsense about not needing anything, or there isn't 5 defenders in the whole world that is better than Klavan.

We won't challenge for top four this season bar a blinder in January if it isn't to late, We'll probably beat the mancs, that's almost a given, but then we'll continue to let in stupid goals against all the bottom half teams as usual, and with the players we have it is really no surprise. I might be a bit negative, but it's just it hurts like a motherfucker knowing that it was again time to push on, and it's groundhog day like last time we qualified for the CL. I was seventeen in 1990. How old will I be if it ever happens again ? at the current state I'll probably be dead or world war 3 have broken out and suspended the league.

Did you read my post mate,Mr Moanero had it weighed up,if we win we win,if we don't have a beer,it ain't worth tearing your hair out.They won't be in Boston.
  • Upvote 1

As owners who have such a tight hold on the purse-strings and seem to have a good understanding of 'value', it's surprising that the same owners value 'their' asset at £1billion to sell it.

Sums up FSG perfectly for me.

It's the £148 million from last season from the latest TV deal I don't understand. In previous seasons expecting our owners to pump additional millions into the club and ignoring FFP was at least an excuse. It's why this summer I expected us to go into the market in a way we haven't done before. We're in line for an additional £120-150 million each season now. Keita is surely part of next years budget so a net spend of £30-40 million was rather typical of FSG.

I find it difficult to believe Klopp wouldn't spend if handed £150 million?

Sorry but on Alli our scouts said no, he was recommended to us by their manager our scouts said he had too much fight about him, other than that I agree to an extent but they have also given us Moreno, Lovren et el...

Klopp wasnt here for Alli so gets a free pass on that. We simply dont pay what our rivals do and to keep pace has been nothing short of miraculous,Klopp deserves massive credit for this.

So did I, I really thought this would be the season we went for it. I felt it was our best chance to move forward.

Its finally made me realise FSG aren't anywhere near good enough for the club. Because of what went before they were a welcome change,but we've stood still while our rivals continue to grow stronger. Penny pinching won't cut it to anybody with real ambition towards winning trophies rather than solely making a profit. If we are not careful even the Blueshite will be better poised financially once they shake off their historic lack of success and get a manager with his head screwed on right.

Did you read my post mate,Mr Moanero had it weighed up,if we win we win,if we don't have a beer,it ain't worth tearing your hair out.They won't be in Boston.

Unfortunately I can't ditch my first love, I wasn't born this way. I was actually manufactured, indoctrinated by older cousins from approximately around six years of age. First memories stem from something called Sports saturday here. Every Staurday at four, three at yours I was glued to the tv in hope of us being on, and if so not being cancelled due to weather conditions.

Still to this day my dad blames me for not being a Stoke fan like him. He was a huge Gordon Banks fan. Today the fucker goats me with the Mancs every time he has a chance. He is alright though. 

Fuck sake 45 years old and still getting carried away about us. I should be embarrassed, but I'm not, and I don't care what people think about it. My wife and kids think I'm a fool though, but they are alright aswell.

Believe me when I say I don't have an agenda, against the club, just the so called custodians, they might have saved us from Staddler and Waldorff, but right now it doesn't feel any better. Hope is the oner thing that kills me everytime.

I'm sorry ifI have offended anyone, but don't mess with my first love. 

• Upvote 3

Klopp wasnt here for Alli so gets a free pass on that. We simply dont pay what our rivals do and to keep pace has been nothing short of miraculous,Klopp deserves massive credit for this.

Agreed. With Salah I reckon we now have as good a squad as Arsenals on paper. The other 4 though we are nowhere near in terms of quality all over the pitch. If he gets top 4 again then he deserves a medal with this current squad.