You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

Nah, if he played for Leipzig and only managed a career high of two league goals, whilst Keita ran an Arsenal midfield that'd almost wont the title, opinions would be about the same.

I find it hard to believe people were sitting down every Saturday afternoon last season to watch Leipzig.

It's the old 'plays for a European team so he'll definitely be a brilliant signing' rule. 

He obviously must be a good player but I'm not buying our transfer business hinges on him signing over Chamberlain.

There is nobody on this forum who can honestly say they've seen him do anything to warrant a transfer to us. Not a single one of you can say you've watched an Arsenal game and thought he'd be great for us.

The last time I saw this dud do anything was launch what should have been a simple pass into touch for ingerlund the other week so let's turn this nonsense in and start looking for players who'd push what we've currently got to the bench, rather than come out with the shite we've had to swallow since the days of heskey stating that he'd be here to fill out the squad.

Paredes is meant to be available for £22m and we've got reds wanting us to sign the new Oyvind Leonhardsen for a higher price.

I find it hard to believe people were sitting down every Saturday afternoon last season to watch Leipzig.

It's the old 'plays for a European team so he'll definitely be a brilliant signing' rule. 

He obviously must be a good player but I'm not buying our transfer business hinges on him signing over Chamberlain.

If you go through last season's other football thread, you would see plenty of evidence of posts on Keita's in-game performances for Leipzig. It's not as if he plays for FC Timbuktu or something. If anything, I've probably seen more of him him than I did of Chamberlain last season.

There is nobody on this forum who can honestly say they've seen him do anything to warrant a transfer to us. Not a single one of you can say you've watched an Arsenal game and thought he'd be great for us.

The last time I saw this dud do anything was launch what should have been a simple pass into touch for ingerlund the other week so let's turn this nonsense in and start looking for players who'd push what we've currently got to the bench, rather than come out with the shite we've had to swallow since the days of heskey stating that he'd be here to fill out the squad.

Paredes is meant to be available for £22m and we've got reds wanting us to sign the new Oyvind Leonhardsen for a higher price.

erm, I can. Ive put it on here in the past about him. I'm not alone in that either. 

• Upvote 3

Who do we sign Paredes instead of?

The idea that we only sign players for a starting 11 and the squad players become those who they replace is great in theory, doesn't tend to be a realistic scenario though.

He's played meaningful Champions League matches for Arsenal, ffs. He's not some Championship player. 

I've seen him play central midfield for Arsenal and dominate a Bayern Munich team managed by Pep Guardiola. 

I have. City in the FA cup semi final.

Paredes, can't you read

I can read I'm just struggling to make the numbers add up at the moment in the bigger picture of balancing the squad whilst also significantly strengthening it and not having to fill it up with homegrown youngsters.

I'm not sure Paredes for Chamberlain does that because you have to make concessions elsewhere.

I can see Paredes as a Lucas replacement/Henderson challenger, would give us 1 too many pure midfielders then though (especially if you see it as a signing in addition to someone like Keita) so you may need to lose Can as well unless you want to double up Paredes as a CB.

I can read I'm just struggling to make the numbers add up at the moment in the bigger picture of balancing the squad whilst also significantly strengthening it and not having to fill it up with homegrown youngsters.

I'm not sure Paredes for Chamberlain does that because you have to make concessions elsewhere.

TBH, I threw paredes name in as I'd seen he was being made available for £22m and I've seen him have great games compared to AOC doing nothing yet seeing reds chomping at the bit to sign him up for £25. If we don't get Keita over the line this summer, I'd rather we kept the money for this position and develop Grujic until at least Xmas and if Leipzig fall apart in the CL, have another go for him in Jan (I know FSG don't like Xmas shopping but...)