You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

On 10/05/2021 at 17:09, Captain Howdy said:

I’m like that with Keita, I don’t want to actually hate a Liverpool player but it’s becoming a hell of a struggle.

I would put him up there with Ruddock, Dicks, Ince, Konchesky as one of those detestable characters who the Club should never have signed. His strutting, half-arsed arrogance whenever he comes on confirms this.

• Downvote 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, dandyman said:

Thankfully not injured yesterday, old Perrie popped a baby ox out

Shocking timing for him though. This was his chance to get some games and prove his worth. He won't get a start next week and by the time the internationals are over, if there's no new injuries everyone should be up to speed. I think you could also say Elliot went past him yesterday. While keita didn't light any fires yesterday, he got out, got some more rhythm and at least wasn't shit. He's given himself a chance to stay in front of thiago. I don't see Chamberlain starting a game till the league cup now. 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Shocking timing for him though. This was his chance to get some games and prove his worth. He won't get a start next week and by the time the internationals are over, if there's no new injuries everyone should be up to speed. I think you could also say Elliot went past him yesterday. While keita didn't light any fires yesterday, he got out, got some more rhythm and at least wasn't shit. He's given himself a chance to stay in front of thiago. I don't see Chamberlain starting a game till the league cup now. 

He'll get plenty of minutes,if fit,so I don't think he has anything extra to worry about myself.

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He'll get plenty of minutes,if fit,so I don't think he has anything extra to worry about myself.

He was “fit” most of last season and barely played. 
There will be quite a lot of difference in minutes between our 3rd choice and 8th choice midfielder.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He'll probably get more than last year, but I'm sure he'd like to hold down a place and start some games. He had the shirt last week and if he'd have played yesterday and put in a performance, he'd have had a chance to play next week against Chelsea. Keita certainly has a chance and I think they started the season in the same situation. The lad has barely had a kick since coming back from injury 2 years ago and has always been behind everyone. He couldn't even get a game last season when our midfield was playing in defence. He's in last chance saloon if he wants to be anything more than a domestic cup player with the odd sub in the major competitions and missing this week while he was ahead of everyone and a week away from one of our major league matches of the season can't be anything but a set back for him. 

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Looked gutted when we scored, didn't smile, never mind celebrate. 

I think he's struggling mentally with his lack of form mate, I wouldn't read too much into it. He knows he's done here, and it probably hurts.

In 2017/18 he was really starting to come good, and seemed to have reached his peak with that goal against City in the CL, but then he got another devastating injury, and he's never got over it.

He's got some stones to continue trying to play, but he's just another body on the pitch these days.

I wish him well, should get himself over to France, the slower pace might suit him. Somewhere like Nice or Lyon.

• Upvote 1

Time for him to move on.  He's one of those players that needs a run of games to get sharp and get into form.  Prior to his injury against City in the CL a few years back he was starting to look like an invaluable asset in midfield, sadly he just hasn't been the same since.  When he's been given the chance he's just not quite taken it to give himself a run of games in the team.  He should move on to a team where he'll get regular games, if he does I expect him to be a good player for that team if he can remain fit because he is a very talented player.

Never been good enough - never will be.

He is on a massive wage and we paid a big fee for him and he's fallen way short of what he should deliver for that money.

He seems a decent lad and all that - but he just isn't a very good footballer and of course he is unreliable fitness wise too.

He's also one of those who has had a big injury that means he'd never quite be at his best again anyway - so any potential he had to be good enough was never going to be realised after it.

He really should have been bin bagged by now and surely has to be in the summer.

• Upvote 2