You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

1 minute ago, JagSquared said:

Yeah that’s fair, he was shite at Chelsea. Can’t believe Yossi went there too. 

You’ll be telling me we started the FA Cup Final, against a side who’d go onto win the Champions League 2 weeks later, with Jay Spearing in midfield next...

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Incredibly dark times.

Would he get near this squad? At the very best, he’d be no closer the starting line up than Ox.

He barely played for Chelsea & then got lumped out to Turkey, which IMO, sums him up.

Meireles was our best player the season he was here. 

• 2 months later...
On 13/12/2020 at 10:30, Scott_M said:

Nonsense.

All his performance and positional stats from last season are below:

7CDA4EC9-7273-4E6E-99D9-B9A53D12027B.png

92B97BD0-A0ED-4FE0-9422-24D4CF10B0D1.png

When we’ve had underwhelming players like Downing, Shelvey, Moses, El Zhar, Miereles and a few others down the years, I find it hard to get on Ox’s case. 

If Ox is one of the biggest problems in our squad, that only shows what a good position we’re in. 

you're setting the bar high there code. for 35m and i would expect a pretty decent wage, he should probably be contributing a little more than the square root of fuck all, which is what he's been doing of late. dredging shit up from times gone by doesn't inflate chamberlains contribution - it just draws attention to the bags of shite you are grouping him with.  

EDIT - sorry scott for calling you @Code there. you tricked me with the code style stat images!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep - what club would be excited about getting him? Like excited enough to pay a fee and cover what is certainly 100k a week? He only gets into a team in the bottom half if we are honest.

Agree re bottom half, and at a club where doesn't have to press or kill himself in training. Probably best off going abroad.

He fit into our counter attacking style quite well because he had space to run in to.

The minute teams started to sit back, he was a non factor in midfield. Doesn't have the touch or control.

We tried him out wide, but he's shite there.

Time to call it a day and cut our losses.

PS - the big injury certainly didn't help, like.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Ox is mediocre. All expectation and little reward. I dont dislike him he seems a nice lad and injuries are the biggest cause of his mediocrity. He is just underwhelming in the same category as Origi id rather have better options.

100k a week and a fit Mrs for doing nothing - insane. If i was good looking and good at football...I would probably be dead after the first pay day.

• Upvote 1

Should be a parting of the ways this summer. 

I can't imagine this lad it happy about being stuck on the bench, when fit, and we're obviously not about to give him an extended run in the team given he's been dogshit for a long time. He clearly needs minutes in his legs, but we can't carry him while he tries to get back up to speed. 

On 13/12/2020 at 10:30, Scott_M said:

Nonsense.

All his performance and positional stats from last season are below:

7CDA4EC9-7273-4E6E-99D9-B9A53D12027B.png

92B97BD0-A0ED-4FE0-9422-24D4CF10B0D1.png

When we’ve had underwhelming players like Downing, Shelvey, Moses, El Zhar, Miereles and a few others down the years, I find it hard to get on Ox’s case. 

If Ox is one of the biggest problems in our squad, that only shows what a good position we’re in. 

So after barely playing it looks like his transfer market page is saying he is putting in a claim for "work accident compensation". Is that for the club or him?

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Nope.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Dont think Meireles deserves to be in that list , Scott.

I posted that on Ox 2 months ago. It’s fair to say he’s not had the return from injury I’d hoped for.

It’s not just Ox though - Ox, Shaq, Origi, Minamino before he left etc have all offered nothing at all this season. At all.

But Meireles does deserve to be on that list. A good burst of goals one January and very little else.