You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Honestly, that's one of the best videos I've watched from the club in fucking years. I loved that. Brilliant. As for AOC, how can you not just fucking love the guy? I thought, due to his contract and injury problems, that he was overpriced. But fuck it, he seems awesome. When he's on the pitch and doing well, he's a good player too. I just hope to fuck he keeps fit. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Honestly, that's one of the best videos I've watched from the club in fucking years. I loved that. Brilliant. As for AOC, how can you not just fucking love the guy? I thought, due to his contract and injury problems, that he was overpriced. But fuck it, he seems awesome. When he's on the pitch and doing well, he's a good player too. I just hope to fuck he keeps fit. 

We get it. You think he’s ten times the player Henderson is. Give it a rest, man. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah seems like a brilliant lad to have at the club, even when he's not on the pitch he's going to be a big positive personality at melwood. Love how much all of our lads seem to get on and have a laugh with each other. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yeah seems like a brilliant lad to have at the club, even when he's not on the pitch he's going to be a big positive personality at melwood. Love how much all of our lads seem to get on and have a laugh with each other. 

That video showed there's obviously a really decent team spirit. I really, really want this squad to win the big honours. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, karl1987 said:

For someone who has been missing for so long he looks damn sharp.  Gonna be useful for Barcelona games.

I know its if buts and maybe's but i think if he didnt get injured last season we would have won the champions league.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I know its if buts and maybe's but i think if he didnt get injured last season we would have won the champions league.

Yup.  Him in that final along with Salah not getting injured and I think we'd have won.  But hey ho, he can help us win it this year instead.

Good to see him getting a few minutes as he works his way back from the serious injury he got a year ago.

Incidentally, when it comes to injury announcements, I'm getting fed up of the news leaking on social media and then the likes of the Echo before the club put out a statement. The club need to take control of the situation by demanding that players and staff do not blab anything before the club have announced something themselves. Last year, everybody was saying Ox's injury was a really bad one while the club said fuck all for about a fortnight. Bobby was absent this evening and the rumour is that it was injury-enforced, perhaps bad enough to keep him out for the rest of the season. The club should be the first ones to explain what the situation is, via a statement on the official site and not through Klopp or whoever saying something vague in an interview or press conference.

21 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Good to see him getting a few minutes as he works his way back from the serious injury he got a year ago.

Incidentally, when it comes to injury announcements, I'm getting fed up of the news leaking on social media and then the likes of the Echo before the club put out a statement. The club need to take control of the situation by demanding that players and staff do not blab anything before the club have announced something themselves. Last year, everybody was saying Ox's injury was a really bad one while the club said fuck all for about a fortnight. Bobby was absent this evening and the rumour is that it was injury-enforced, perhaps bad enough to keep him out for the rest of the season. The club should be the first ones to explain what the situation is, via a statement on the official site and not through Klopp or whoever saying something vague in an interview or press conference.

Keep Barcelona guessing. There was a great quote from Bill Shankly after the 1965 FA Cup final. Our left back broke his arm or shoulder, I can't remember which but Shanks went mad that it was reported in the paper because that meant Inter would target him the following Wednesday if he picked him.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Keep Barcelona guessing. There was a great quote from Bill Shankly after the 1965 FA Cup final. Our left back broke his arm or shoulder, I can't remember which but Shanks went mad that it was reported in the paper because that meant Inter would target him the following Wednesday if he picked him.

Gerry Byrne broke his collarbone in the Cup final. Didn't make a fuss of it, playing the rest of the game including extra time (subs weren't permitted in those days). Dave Whelan broke his leg in a Cup final a few years earlier, and he's not stopped making a fuss ever since!

• Upvote 1

The way Kloppo reacted about Oxo-Chambo was a thing of beauty.

It reflected the powerful team spirit. But more than than that it was the human side of it that was so brilliant. In a world where footballers are commodities add statistics he talked of the person over the player. Was ace!