You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

If Liverpool lad or anyone else needs the last 25 pages summing up, it involves aRdja eulogising about Ox and then someone else saying he's improved dramatically since being injured as if both points haven't been made thousands of times. 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

If Liverpool lad or anyone else needs the last 25 pages summing up, it involves aRdja eulogising about Ox and then someone else saying he's improved dramatically since being injured as if both points haven't been made thousands of times. 

Rhiann Brewster is better than Messi now.

Don't really get some of the negativity around the Ox. He was a regular in a side that was absolutely blitzing through Europe last season. Of course the injuries are a concern, but he seems to have a great mentality - another leader -  and we could do with another option in there given Keita's mostly indifferent displays. He'll play an important role for us yet this season, I reckon.

32 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Don't really get some of the negativity around the Ox. He was a regular in a side that was absolutely blitzing through Europe last season. Of course the injuries are a concern, but he seems to have a great mentality - another leader -  and we could do with another option in there given Keita's mostly indifferent displays. He'll play an important role for us yet this season, I reckon.

People are rightly concerned he won't get back to that standard after snapping knee ligaments.

It used to be a career ender and even now a full recovery to professional athlete levels can't be guaranteed . To make matters worse he's injury prone anyway .

9 minutes ago, magicrat said:

People are rightly concerned he won't get back to that standard after snapping knee ligaments.

It used to be a career ender and even now a full recovery to professional athlete levels can't be guaranteed . To make matters worse he's injury prone anyway .

I think people are being unrealistic, he will need a lot of time to get to match fitness.

There is no guarantee with this type of horrible injury he will ever be the same as you rightly say.

And he was injury prone, again, as you said.

Explosive player, terrible knee injury. Hope he gets back to his best.

5 hours ago, Remmie said:

Are you trying to suggest people may not sincerely value Henderson’s pointing technique?

Perhaps they could all clarify, one after another.

• 2 weeks later...

Added to the Champions League squad... 

Liverpool’s Champions League squad:

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Mignolet, Kelleher*,

Defenders: Van Dijk, Lovren, Gomez*, Matip, Alexander-Arnold*, Robertson, Moreno, Camacho*, Hoever, Phillips*, Johnston*, Masterson*

Midfielders: Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Jones*,

Forwards: Salah, Mane, Firmino, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi, Brewster*, Woodburn*

* List B (UEFA Regulations) 

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It might be that he will be back ready for it.

Looking at that list though there is a chance Klopp just ran out of names.

I agree with the second part.  It might give the lad a confidence boost , it sure as hell doesn't give me one. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, razor said:

He took a long time to come good at Liverpool.

He will take a long time to come good after his injury.

Shame, as a "long time" is something we ain't got!

Long time, short time. Same same mister. That's what I used to hear in Thailand. Epic days them, epic I tells ya.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1