You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/01/why-gini-wijnaldum-should-be-the-next-in-line-for-a-new-liverpool-deal/

Not wanting to move away from the ox, but this article mentions gini has played in every outfield position. If joe and trent aren't back for leicester and fabinho isn't 100 percent, we could put gini at right back. Not ideal but an option.

Play Henderson there with Gini, Keita and Shaqiri in midfield. 

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could return to the first-team in March to give Liverpool’s Premier League title hopes a shot in the arm.

The former Arsenal man has been progressing well during this week’s warm-weather training camp in Dubai and has been seen doing ball work.

The 25-year-old has been working with the club’s fitness and conditioning coaches and his return to full training could be just a month away, according to the Liverpool Echo.

That would mean if everything went to plan that he could be integrated back into Jurgen Klopp’s line-up before the end of the season.

Klopp had initially feared that the £35million signing would miss the entire campaign, but he is ahead of schedule, although the club will not take any risks with him.

Ahead of the Crystal Palace game last weekend, Klopp said: “Last time I put pressure on the medical department but when I see him moving with the ball it looks really promising.

“It looks completely without problems at the moment. I think we will see him this season.”

Oxlade-Chamberlain has been sidelined since he ruptured knee ligaments in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Roma at Anfield last April.

14 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could return to the first-team in March to give Liverpool’s Premier League title hopes a shot in the arm.

The former Arsenal man has been progressing well during this week’s warm-weather training camp in Dubai and has been seen doing ball work.

The 25-year-old has been working with the club’s fitness and conditioning coaches and his return to full training could be just a month away, according to the Liverpool Echo.

That would mean if everything went to plan that he could be integrated back into Jurgen Klopp’s line-up before the end of the season.

Klopp had initially feared that the £35million signing would miss the entire campaign, but he is ahead of schedule, although the club will not take any risks with him.

Ahead of the Crystal Palace game last weekend, Klopp said: “Last time I put pressure on the medical department but when I see him moving with the ball it looks really promising.

“It looks completely without problems at the moment. I think we will see him this season.”

Oxlade-Chamberlain has been sidelined since he ruptured knee ligaments in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Roma at Anfield last April.

Really bad news for Naby this. 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Might take pressure off him. Naby could be an impact sub in his more favoured role and then that will hopefully give him more confidence.

I think his favoured role is as one of the two CMs in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. With Ox back, I think there’s a good chance we will move back to 4-3-3, a formation that would be alien to Naby, because AFAIK Leipzig never really played it. 

• Downvote 1

Klopp has to name his European squad in the next few weeks, and it would be sensible to leave Ox off that list, with a view to maybe giving Ox some minutes as a sub towards the end of league games instead, with plenty of time between games to continue working on his fitness. He might get by on adrenaline in his first couple of appearances, but players recovering from ACL injuries tend to pick up minor knocks soon after returning that impact on match fitness and form.

36 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Hope he comes back strong - while he has been out he has become the best CM in the league.

I really like Ox, but I wouldn’t go that far.. Kevin De Bruyne is clearly a superior footballer, despite him being outplayed by Ox when we played them last year.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I really like Ox, but I wouldn’t go that far.. Kevin De Bruyne is clearly a superior footballer, despite him being outplayed by Ox when we played them last year.

Some people living in the US are still capable of using and understanding irony, you know.

• Upvote 1