You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

12 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

What's the minimum number of games he needs to get a league winners medal? 10?

As long as he gets that I'll be happy.

Have they changed that rule now? 

I think they just give something like 50 medals to the club and they get shared out between whoever we choose. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I think they just give something like 50 medals to the club and they get shared out between whoever we choose. 

Yes, you only need to play in 5 matches to qualify for a medal now. However, the club gets 40 in total, and after medals have been handed out to everyone who made 5 or more appearances, they get to decide where the rest go.

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I would be careful not to expect too much, too soon. He isn't going to be up to full speed for a long time. Full training by the end of January. Probably back to full-speed and fitness by mid March. How sharp... how will the injury impact his speed. How rusty will he be? I'm prepared to see how he does next season, if he can stay fit. 

Is right,

Will be hard for him to get back to level he was at this season even of he does get back on the pitch for a few games.  I wouldn't bank on him making any substantial contribution this campaign. 

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Is right,

Will be hard for him to get back to level he was at this season even of he does get back on the pitch for a few games.  I wouldn't bank on him making any substantial contribution this campaign. 

Anything he can do this season will be a bonus, as far as I’m concerned. So when he smacks one in to win the Champions League, I’ll concider is fortune. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Anything he can do this season will be a bonus, as far as I’m concerned. So when he smacks one in to win the Champions League, I’ll concider is fortune. 

If that happens then I will readily admit I'm know nothing cunt and bang on about how glad I was we signed him.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yes, you only need to play in 5 matches to qualify for a medal now. However, the club gets 40 in total, and after medals have been handed out to everyone who made 5 or more appearances, they get to decide where the rest go.

We should go back to putting them in a box on a table and asking those who think they deserve one to take one. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

The only way Lovren should get a medal now is if we go the whole season unbeaten. 

20 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Is right,

Nathaniel Clyne did OK against the Mancs. Ease him back in by all means but I have a feeling he will be like a fucking bulldog on a leash. A bloody tight one aswell. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

He's going to come on late in the season and mark a formidable come scoring the goal that secures the league, it will be the Chamberlain final at Wembley in the FA Cup and he's going to destroy Madrid to win the champions league with a second half hatrick. 

There'll be a few formidable comes if he manages any of that lot

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Nathaniel Clyne did OK against the Mancs. Ease him back in by all means but I have a feeling he will be like a fucking bulldog on a leash. A bloody tight one aswell. 

I don't think it's that easy. And remenber clyne has been back since last season. And players often get through a game or two with adrenalin, then the drop off begins. I expect us to get next to nothing out of chamberlain this season. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't think it's that easy. And remenber clyne has been back since last season. And players often get through a game or two with adrenalin, then the drop off begins. I expect us to get next to nothing out of chamberlain this season. 

Yes, this is the colossal negativity I've missed so much on here.

Seriously though Barry's absolutely right here it's such an awful injury to try to come back from. Even last season when he first signed it looked like he'd forgot how to play football. It was only after he scored his first goal in the league cup game that he slowly began to emerge.

That said January is some fucking feat that if true.

12 minutes ago, Dicko said:

Yes, this is the colossal negativity I've missed so much on here.

Seriously though Barry's absolutely right here it's such an awful injury to try to come back from. Even last season when he first signed it looked like he'd forgot how to play football. It was only after he scored his first goal in the league cup game that he slowly began to emerge.

That said January is some fucking feat that if true.

One of the reasons I want us to go far in the domestic cups. To give fringe and returning players some game time to sharpen up.

There's a photo I saw that had lines showing the different angles his knee was at point of contact. It looked shockingly bad. Although no official word was given on the exact nature of his injury, it's safe to assume that every major ligament in there was damaged. Normally only an one gets snapped and the rest aren't touched. 

All these ligaments need to then be rehabilitated and that's what's taking so long I'd say. 

It'll be a massive boost for everyone if he can get back before seasons end though I

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

One of the reasons I want us to go far in the domestic cups. To give fringe and returning players some game time to sharpen up.

The FA Cup you mean. We might not be in any position to have fringe players sharpen up, that cost us in Belgrade. Winning anything this season and keeping matching City will need fit players, we have no room for getting players fit.

Reserves or behind closed door games can do that, unless we get past Wolves and draw a lower league side. We have a better squad now, but not strong enough for playing people fit who have been out for a while unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The FA Cup you mean. We might not be in any position to have fringe players sharpen up, that cost us in Belgrade. Winning anything this season and keeping matching City will need fit players, we have no room for getting players fit.

Reserves or behind closed door games can do that, unless we get past Wolves and draw a lower league side. We have a better squad now, but not strong enough for playing people fit who have been out for a while unfortunately.

Bang on 

19 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'd love to see Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back by the end of January. Rotate the middle of the field for the rest of the season. 

Negates the need to sign Fekir. Sign up someone else in another position. 

I saw Fekir playing for Lyon v Shakhtar in CL the other week and he looks top class.

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I saw Fekir playing for Lyon v Shakhtar in CL the other week and he looks top class.

I think he'd be a top class addition (I almost chose addiction on autospell - perhaps more appropriate).