You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

The overreactions on here are hilarious. First he was rubbish, then he was a bargain and leader in the making after a few good performances and spiky post match interviews a month ago. Now he’s rubbish again after a few underwhelming showings.

He’ll score next week and he’ll be great again until he’s rubbish again.

Ha spot on that, same with a lot of our players.

The overreactions on here are hilarious.

There is a pattern which you seem to be missing -- he has never been anything but rubbish playing in the front three. I would have Woodburn on the left upfront tbh.

He will put himself about a bit in the midfield.

I think you will find those positional performances correlate with the reactions.

He didn’t offer a lot coming off the bench today. Clearly Spurs were on top when he came on. At that point he’s got to get in there and make himself a relevant part of the game. He had energy to spare as he was fresh, and he’s got some pace, but when he came on he just looked like he was trotting around to me.

My verdict on his time at Liverpool thus far:

- arrived for £35M, fee not his fault. Game has gone mad.

- started slowly and a bit timidly.

- put in one or two good displays and I thought we might have something here.

- spoke well in an interview or two.

- back to bench and a couple of ineffectual sub displays.

Overall it has all added up to fair to middling.

Fairness means he gets a pre season and then we’ll see what’s what. I suspect he will be at the periphery of the team once Klopp buys a couple of players in the summer, but if we are to compete at the top table, and that means champions league football, then we need a squad, and he’s at least good enough for that.

If Klopp can unlock something in him, and he has a good record of improving players, he might become a fixture in the team, but he’s a bit short of that at the minute.

The overreactions on here are hilarious. First he was rubbish, then he was a bargain and leader in the making after a few good performances and spiky post match interviews a month ago. Now he’s rubbish again after a few underwhelming showings.

Only way he can become consistently good is by being out long with an injury.

Or how about he looks a decent player in midfield and pretty fucking rubbish in the front 3? I think that's been pretty consistent in his displays for us.

Woodburn is a good player. How good? Hard to say. Very young, so he’s bound to look a bit out of his depth when he played last season as a boy in the Premier League.

I’d guess he will go on to at least be as good as someone like Suso. Whether or not he has the athleticism to make it here remains to be seen, but hopefully he gets a chance to show what he can do.

You dont see the fuss?

He has played about three hundred minutes at the top level for us and Wales and has two game winners.

He was the top player in the youths last year for a reason. He and TAA are the first players we have brought up through that set up in a decade that may make it.

Pretty sure you haven't been watching if you do not think he is a special player.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

He was bad yesterday and looked totally lost. Still looks a squad player at the moment and needs more games to prove himself as a genuine first teamer. Early days but he's still been largely unconvincing.

I should have said 'inconsistent' rather than 'unconvincing' as he's had a couple of decent games as well as poor ones.

I think Ox has done just about what most people expected. Flashes of really good play and for the most-part not pulling up any trees, At worst he's an extra half-decent midfielder to bolster the and at best Klopp gets him playing his A game much more regularly,  My guess is we will be having the same discussion in a years time but as I've said before I'm a miserable fucker,

• Upvote 1