You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

Fair comment although the way transfer fees had gone by the time we did buy him (and we paid the price arsenal had agreed with chelsea), I wouldnt say £35m was a massive amount.

But it's clear from Klopp's comments he wanted him. Im not party to Klopp's thoughts but Im guess the fact Ox Chambers didnt go through our pre season conditioning regime and the fact the team is kind of struggling right now, he maybe considers it is not the best time to chuck him in.

I still dont see the panic just because he's only made a couple of sub appearances so far. I mean it's not like Benitez regularly played Keane when we bought him for a similarly (then) large fee.

He needs to be given a chance in the position he must have sought when he signed, surely we never bought him as a Jack of all trades and surely he never agreed to be one. I don't know what Klopp wants do with him like yourself but I would imagine he was given assurances he seemingly wasn't given by Chelsea.

And we considered Beardsley taking Kenny's role in the team a big step down! Oh for those halcyon days.

Funny, isn't it.

That "invincible" newly-assembled side of 1987/88 (3 new forwards) was playing sublime, attacking football, arguably our best-ever... and yet, within 3 years we were in (long-term) decline.

And it was at the back that it started... 3-4 Palace, 4-4 Everton, 5-4 Leeds.  Unheard of for Liverpool.

Plenty of goals, but defending undid us.

27 years later....

He needs to be given a chance in the position he must have sought when he signed, surely we never bought him as a Jack of all trades and surely he never agreed to be one. I don't know what Klopp wants do with him like yourself but I would imagine he was given assurances he seemingly wasn't given by Chelsea.

Well, that's where I disagree. No player needs to be given a chance to play in LFC's first team. They have to earn that position. Yes, it may be that so far he hasnt earnt that position but I dont see 5 games since we signed him as being a major issue.

• Upvote 1

Well, that's where I disagree. No player needs to be given a chance to play in LFC's first team. They have to earn that position. Yes, it may be that so far he hasnt earnt that position but I dont see 5 games since we signed him as being a major issue.

Well Jimmy we should see what it's all about in the near future hopefully. Rightly or wrongly he will need to win the fans over seemingly more than other payers had to, that is because of the distinct lack of desire in signing him from a lot of our fans. Me included. I truly hope he proves me wrong, genuinely.

Well Jimmy we should see what it's all about in the near future hopefully. Rightly or wrongly he will need to win the fans over seemingly more than other payers had to, that is because of the distinct lack of desire in signing him from a lot of our fans. Me included. I truly hope he proves me wrong, genuinely.

Yeah I can understand that. I frequently used to go "why has benitez signed him?" The way I look at it is this: We had played 3 PL games before we signed him. We've now played 7. That means we've played PL 4 games and he's made a couple of cameo appearances in some of them.

I just think it's too early to be saying why isnt he in the team but that's just my point of view.

Yeah I can understand that. I frequently used to go "why has benitez signed him?" The way I look at it is this: We had played 3 PL games before we signed him. We've now played 7. That means we've played PL 4 games and he's made a couple of cameo appearances in some of them.

I just think it's too early to be saying why isnt he in the team but that's just my point of view.

Fair enough. On thing I cannot stand is people calling him the Ox. AOC is better.

Or Chambo if you're a pro footballer.

What's more galling is seeing Matic, a player of proven quality in a position that we've needed addressing for years went for the same amount.

It's incredible how we never address our glaring issues year on year no matter who we have in charge. It's as if the minute they take over, they purposely set out to sign the exact opposite of what we need to prove everyone wrong. I'm convinced we'd be back on our perch by a couple of league titles if we'd have just done the boring things.

• Upvote 3

How the hell is he ever going to be of any use to us. 35 million for a player that was out of contract next summer. He's got no brain, no guile, no vision. 

Recorded the game and watched it after the Denmark game, I'm not even sure he'd get into a top four side over here. I'm fucking pissed we've spend that amount on a player that should be nowhere close to our squad even.

Why the hell can't we get a decent director of football. Klopp is clueless when it comes to transfers. Have he even signed more than two players of quality in two years ?

Still glaring lacks all over the field, ridicoulous and negligent transfers for years now. Fucking sign a good director of football. Klopps obviously a decent coach, as a manager no chance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How the hell is he ever going to be of any use to us. 35 million for a player that was out of contract next summer. He's got no brain, no guile, no vision.

Recorded the game and watched it after the Denmark game, I'm not even sure he'd get into a top four side over here. I'm fucking pissed we've spend that amount on a player that should be nowhere close to our squad even.

Why the hell can't we get a decent director of football. Klopp is clueless when it comes to transfers. Have he even signed more than two players of quality in two years ?

Still glaring lacks all over the field, ridicoulous and negligent transfers for years now. Fucking sign a good director of football. Klopps obviously a decent coach, as a manager no chance.

Klopp is not clueless at all when it comes to transfers,Mane,Salah,Matip are all excellent signings but AOC looks a bit of a strange one to be honest.

Top half of your post is right. The rest is not.

• Upvote 1