You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

He has been horrendous so far, he just seems like such a limited player.

What does he actually do well apart from run quite fast with the ball from time to time?

I was so relieved when I thought Chelsea were signing him because I thought we would look else where.

This signing smacks of desperation!

Why do you have Megadrive 2 as your avatar?  The first one was far sexier. 

• Upvote 3

It’s extremely hard to even imagine what Oxlade Chamberlain could bring to the table. Everything I’ve seen of him is average at best. Yesterday he wasn’t even close to average, he was rubbish.

To think we could’ve had Thomas Lemar in our ranks but refused to up our price 20M and then went on to throw away 40M on this really turns my stomach.

So far the only thing Oxlade Chamberlain seems able to do for us, is to take up a place on the bench  that should’ve been given to one of our very talented  youngsters, i.e. Woodburn.

If we could’ve had Ox on a free playing for no salary at all, I’d be tempted to decline.

I do hope Klopp is a better judge of talent than I am.

Just pretend it is a signing that you wanted and bigged up all the previous year - who hasn't hit the ground running.

He's lacking in match fitness, come into an inferior midfield, just needs to adapt to Kloppball, the big clubs all wanted him, is still young, people wanted squad depth didn't they?

A Wenger:

I really wanted him off our wage bill. Even a year more was too much to handle. Then I phoned my mate Antonio over at the Bridge and asked him for a favour – to make a bid for the bum. And you know what? Did the scousers take the bait? Ha, ha, not only that, they took the bait, the hook, the pole and tried to bite off the hand holding it too. Ha ha ha, it’s unbelievable, not only did we get rid of the bum, we managed to save up 40M for Lemar next season. Ha ha ha.

He's lacking in match fitness, come into an inferior midfield, just needs to adapt to Kloppball, the big clubs all wanted him, is still young, people wanted squad depth didn't they?

They did, but what they meant was 'sign players I like'. It can be confusing sometimes, when they talk about signing players and you go and sign players only to find that what they meant was sign the players they like. 

Just because people on here were saying we were still lacking cover in the forward positions, and for Wjinaldum (cos he's just soooo shiit), doesn't mean signing a player to cover the forward positions and Wjinaldum is okay if that player is Oxlaide-Chamberlain. 

A Wenger:

I really wanted him off our wage bill. Even a year more was too much to handle. Then I phoned my mate Antonio over at the Bridge and asked him for a favour – to make a bid for the bum. And you know what? Did the scousers take the bait? Ha, ha, not only that, they took the bait, the hook, the pole and tried to bite off the hand holding it too. Ha ha ha, it’s unbelievable, not only did we get rid of the bum, we managed to save up 40M for Lemar next season. Ha ha ha.

Arsenal offered him more wages to stay.

Lets give him 6 months at least before writing him off. He has been put under pressure from the off by being benched with that price tag. And I don't think Klopp knows what do with him either. Its starting to look a bit like the Robbie Keane deal.

I always thought he looked decent for Arsenal.