You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

I think he is a decent player who will be a good addition to the squad, but £35m when in the last year of his contract, with willing sellers, and the competition for his signing turned down, is mental, even in this market.

In this market we've got Salah for pretty much the same amount

People are actually having the temerity to ask why it doesn't make sense.

- He's made of biscuits

- He's scored 9 league goals in 6 seasons, nearly all of it as an attacker in probably the most offensively minded team in the league during that period.

- He'll cost £30 million plus to get him this window when he'll be free next year.

- His wages will be £100,000 plus a week.

- It's a lot of money we can put towards a demonstrably better player.

That's just the objective facts alone.

Don't forget this:

5bkWr1k.jpg

I think he is a decent player who will be a good addition to the squad, but £35m when in the last year of his contract, with willing sellers, and the competition for his signing turned down, is mental, even in this market.

In this market we've got Salah for pretty much the same amount

Everton turned down £25 million for Barkley whos in the exact same scenario and out for up to 3 months due to injury. 

Just ignore the fees, the whole Neymar deal has messed up everything.

I'm going out on a limb here, but reckon he will be a good signing.

There's no reason why not, apart from his injury record.  

Tone Moanero is right - this is very reminiscent of the reception Mané received.  Hopefully the Ox will have a similar impact, in his own Ox-like way.  

And I'm definitely calling him the Ox. Bring on the negs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The joke is on them - we've just thrashed them 4-0 and pinched a player off them they tried to persuade to stay. 

They can have a little think about that over the international break.

They didn't try to convince him to stay; Wenger, the architect of the 4-0 loss, tried to convince him to. But he's definitely got the attributes to be a good player, just as long as he changes from what he did the last 6 years regarding injuries. Which I doubt. It's never good doing a deal in which you have to dramatically improve the player's impact and end product, plus his fitness, for the deal to seem remotely worth it.

Real shame, this deal. Things were looking rosy yesterday, like we finally got what it was about. Then we go and Downing the situation.

Alright... that's enough miserable bitching from me.

That's because it's a financially ridiculous deal. Is he really so important to us this season that we had to throw 35m quid down the drain rather than wait and get him for free?

No, he's an unnecessary project for Klopp. And he's pontentilaly in the way of development for Woodburn.

• Upvote 1

There's no reason why not, apart from his injury record.  

Tone Moanero is right - this is very reminiscent of the reception Mané received.  Hopefully the Ox will have a similar impact, in his own Ox-like way.  

And I'm definitely calling him the Ox. Bring on the negs.

Usher needs to give me the ability to neg this three times

• Upvote 1

That's because it's a financially ridiculous deal. Is he really so important to us this season that we had to throw 35m quid down the drain rather than wait and get him for free?

35m "down the drain" is silly hyperbole and you know it?  Wait until he's kicked the round thing FFS.