You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

Ox or Lemar?

Lemar has a cracking left foot but he looks very lightweight and easy to brush off the ball. He also isn't that quick.

Ox is premiership adjusted, strong and quick and can beat a player. He is also showing good form this season (our game aside) and from the tail end of last season. Although, i'd want him as a right back and not a centre mid. I just don't think he has the vision and decision making to play that role.

It's a tough one and it depends where Klopp wants him to play. Would people rather have Gomez playing right back over Oxlaide in crucial champions league games if TAA is injured? (and Clyne is still fucked)

Would you rather have Oxlaides pace and power over Wijnaldum, in CM?

Or go for the slightly riskier Lemar, who has a higher ceiling but he might not adjust to Premiership football or it might take him a while to adapt? 

Personally im leaning towards the pace, power and strength of Oxlaide. He would help us THIS season in big matches and i think he will develop faster under Klopp. He's also a life long Liverpool fan apparently and i think he would give more for the shirt. 

I haven't seen Lemar play.

If it is close between AOC and Lemar then I don't want either.

Has anyone actually see Lemar play over a number of games or is everyone basing their opinion on YouTube vids? 

I haven't seen Lemar play.

If it is close between AOC and Lemar then I don't want either.

Has anyone actually see Lemar play over a number of games or is everyone basing their opinion on YouTube vids? 

I haven't even bothered with Youtube. For £70 mill he cant be anything else than a footballing genius. Not my money anyway. 

I judge players by how much they scare me when we play them. Mané used to frighten me. So does Oxlade-Chamberlain (when not playing wing-back). Not saying he's as good as Sadio but there's something there. If Klopp can turn Lallana and Can into boss midfielders, someone as physically gifted as AOC is worth a shot.

• Upvote 3