You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Its not like the big clubs in europe have come knocking though. If they wont stump up the cash can you blame the guy for taking the money. A fair few of the African players are playing for money,they freely admit they are looking for money as they keep the whole family going. Cheick Tiote said similar,he played and gave thousands away to all his family

Is there any truth in Aubamayeng & Lacazette?

Richard Frost: My question is that while the striker search appears to have been abandoned, a few weeks back there were reports that we were meeting with Lacazette’s people. Did that occur and was it a case of him not wanting to join LFC or was it all just gossip?

James: Just gossip. Not aware of Liverpool showing any interest in either him or Aubameyang this summer.

“If Mbappe wanted a move to the Premier League, Liverpool would be prepared to bid for him, but I don’t expect that to happen.

I think the only way we’ll see Liverpool buy a striker this summer is if Sturridge says he wants out.

If we can sign three big players this summer - Salah, Keita, VVD - then I'd be very happy with that. We can look at a striker next summer, and in the meantime Firmino has been Klopps preferred choice. I think he will get even better numbers this season as he won't be shunted out wide so much if we have good wingers on both sides. He won't be a prolific sort like we've had, but he is well suited to the game Klopp wants us to play. He is building an attack to go at them from all angles, not just through a clinical marksman in the middle.

A lot of eggs going in the VVD and Keita basket...players who are at clubs who really don't want to sell them and in one case who have the right nark with us.

Big risk we end up going home with nobody after spending all night trying to pull a bird who we aren't gonna get.....hope we have a back up plan.

A lot of eggs going in the VVD and Keita basket...players who are at clubs who really don't want to sell them and in one case who have the right nark with us.

Big risk we end up going home with nobody after spending all night trying to pull a bird who we aren't gonna get.....hope we have a back up plan.

The owners would love that. 

• 2 weeks later...