You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Bayern-Real isn't quite over yet, looking at the Juventus game.

I haven't seen anything to fear either way, our front 3 will bum their heads in til Ronaldo cries.

If I could just ask for one thing, it would be for the camera to linger on a weeping Ronaldo after he's denied a stonewall penalty in the last minute of a game we win by one goal and he hasn't scored.

• Upvote 1

If I could just ask for one thing, it would be for the camera to linger on a weeping Ronaldo after he's denied a stonewall penalty in the last minute of a game we win by one goal and he hasn't scored.

He was pathetic tonight. Did fuck-all other than deliberately handle before he scored and then tried to claim a goal.  Cheating cunt should have been booked. 

You're a betting man, Jairz.

You don't think they're worth a speculative tenner at 17s?

Not really, to be honest. I think we're a better bet at the same price. I feel we've got a bit more potential to do something special (and on the flip side, more potential to make a gigantic collective tit of ourselves).

I do think that the two short price oil club favourites will shit the bed, though. I'm tempted by Real Madrid at 9/1. Need to get the bet on before the game tomorrow. It's a risk, obviously, as is the nature of betting, PSG could roll them over if they both play to form. I just feel small clubs like PSG often find a way of not winning the European Cup. This is all Real Madrid have got to play for, and they've certainly got the class if it clicks (they've undoubtedly been shite in the league this year, they gave up months ago).

My girlfriend's father is a Real Madrid fan and he was made up with the draw. He's very confident they'll batter PSG over two legs.

51oDkGFOw4L._SX309_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Upvote 3

I'd prefer Madrid in the final.  Feel we'd have more joy against their defence.  Going to be one hell of a difficult game though, they've tons of footballing class.

Not as one sided as the 05 final & that worked out ok.

Sooner we get top four wrapped and wrap the front three in cotton wool the better.

They will be shouting "get the fenian bastard out of our club" by the end of September. That job suits utter gobshites like McCleish or Stuart McCall. Not Steven Gerrard. He was defo at Ibrox for the3 last old firm though and Dave King was at Anfield the other night. 

I don't want him to take it!

Not because I prefer Celtic, which I do. But because I'd like to see him be successful in his coaching/managerial career, and starting at the fucking madhouse that is currently Rangers would just be fucking stupid. 

Obviously, we all love Steven Gerrard. He's Steven Gerrard.

But can I make a confession? If he goes out and totally blows it in his first managerial job and retires to become a permanent fixture on the pundit list I will breathe a huge sigh of relief. He is a terrific man, and as an inspiring figure for the academy I think he's brilliant in that role.

But he has consistently bigged up English players, especially locals, his whole career (the list of woeful academy players he used to talk about when he was still playing as if they would go on to greatness and then they ended up in League 1 is very long) and it scares me to think of him in charge of us.

Now, maybe Edwards would get hold of him and he'd listen, and I can't think of many men I'd rather were successful as Liverpool manager. It's just that I think the odds of us succeeding under him are low, and I'm worried he'll become our "give it Giggseh 'til the end of the season" when Klopp leaves.

For that reason, and that reason only, I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Rangers and flop.

Watched a recording of Bayern Munich v Real Madrid last night. That tie is far from over. I was looking at the contest and trying to imagine how we would do against those teams. I think I'd prefer Real Madrid, as I'm not sure their defence is as good.

Going forward they would give us some problems. Asensio would give TAA a hard time and they would definitely come at us and likely score... but we would go at them and likely score too. I just think our movement up top will be too much for their defenders. 

I think it would be a cracking final and we would edge it, and hopefully the media narrative would juxtapose Salah and Ronaldo with a story line that went, "The King is dead, long live the King."