You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Shearer is MASSIVE cunt. He calls every decision wrong, the slap headed Geordie twat.

Aguero hits a fan slap head defends Aguero...Firminho gets pushed into the hoardings and after it kicks off rather than keeping quiet as no one knows what's happened sort of hints it could be maybe racist to make Holgate react like that.

Not sure why everyone is loving last night, I think it's no shock that City didn't beat Wigan away in a Monday night cup tie in February.

Comes a point where the 'well done Wigan' mantra should be called for what it is, and that's that City just didn't fancy matching Wigan's levels of effort. I think it devalues the cup significantly.

Last season we saw Lincoln and Millwall in the quarter finals, the season before one of the semi-finals was Palace v Watford, the season before that Villa and Reading were in the semi's, the season before that we had semi's featuring Wigan, Hull and Sheff United, and the season before that Wigan won the fucking thing.

I'm failing to see the bit where the FA Cup is a more prestigious competition to win than the League Cup in recent times.

Last 10 wins League Cup

Man United x 3

Man City x 2

Chelsea

Spurs

Liverpool

Swansea

Birmingham

Last 10 wins FA Cup

Arsenal x 3

Chelsea x 3

Man City

Man United

Wigan

Portsmouth

This season, Spurs could find themselves in the semi's having only met AFC Wimbledon, Newport, Rochdale, Sheff Wednesday or Swansea. Which is great for those clubs having a glamour tie, but let's not pretend the FA Cup is currently anything other than a frivolity for the (foreign) managers of big clubs.

Utter shite. I don't care enough about it, and last night was a case in point, I love football but this weekend I didn't bother with a minute of the FA Cup on telly, but I did make time to watch some of Eibar v Barcelona, and RB Leipzig v Frankfurt.

So there.

It's still better than the league cup and every domestic cup competition in other leagues.

Because you say it is?

Empirical evidence suggests they're all the same and all shit, this is certainly true of the 'big leagues'. I daresay the domestic cup competitions in Croatia, Poland, Turkey etc might come with a bit more importance attached.

One would think that the FA Cup would be a welcome focus for our top club sides due to Man City's obvious pedigree this season. However, we managed to lose 2-3 at home to West Brom, Spurs have struggled to overcome Newport and Rochdale, Arsenal went out to Forest, and Chelsea only overcame Norwich at home on pens.

Meanwhile, we beat two CL sides 7-0 and recently won 0-5 away to Porto, while Spurs have beaten Dortmund and Madrid to top their CL group, Arsenal topped their Europa League group and have put 10 goals past Everton in two league games this season and beat Chelsea over 2 legs in the league cu semis, and Chelsea eliminated Atletico Madrid from the CL effectively, and are 8 points ahead of Arsenal in the league.