You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Thought I’d put this in here instead of the blue shite thread.

He comes across as a sound fella really. Interview with Neville Southall out of The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/04/neville-southall-flak-sex-workers-lgbt-issues

Cheers. A good read.

"Why would you go to a country where human rights are shit? Where homophobia is horrendous. England should have sent the LGBT team to represent them. Fuck Putin. ‘Here’s our gay team. What are you going to do now?’ Or they should send an all-black team, just to annoy Putin.”

Say what you want about Southall but he nailed it there. Like the guys attitude.

About 5 Years ago Big Nev was in goal in one of those celebrity charity games and must have been 20 stone minimum , and pulled off probably one of the five best saves I have ever seen in my life. Think Jim Montgomery only better.Never noticed who shot it but there is probably some ex-Emmerdale star who sits getting pissed in the pub every night moaning about it to anyone who will listen.

On a totally unrelated note, how is Xherdan Shaqiri only 26?

He has been around for donkey's years, shows how young he was when he was breaking through. Either that or he has a tardis.

Not sure it'll catch on with England fans. At least the guy in the blue hoodie and beige kecks has the good sense to keep his hood up and his head down.

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

And then we have The Chubby Hamster King. Sorry, but I don't know how to embed Vimeo.https://player.vimeo.com/video/233912040"

And lastly, how any socially retarded cockwomble with a camera can now make their inadequacy heard.http://dai.ly/x1twh0p

Mark Corrigan’s disabled brother?

Yaya Toure for free on a wage of a quid a week?

"Now Yaya has many offers from different countries, where they are ready to pay a lot of money, but we decided to dedicate the next season to Guardiola. And to prove and show the fans of Manchester City that Yaya is not finished with football. He is full of energy and wants to play this season in England.

“At a time when huge sums are being spent in England for the purchase of football players, I officially declare that Yaya is ready to move as a free agent to any English club in the top six with a salary of £1 a week – but for certain successes to make a bonus system.

“I believe that a player like Yaya would not harm Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool. Yaya – the winner. And never before has a top footballer with leadership qualities harmed any club, especially when it is not necessary to pay for it."

"Now Yaya has many offers from different countries, where they are ready to pay a lot of money, but we decided to dedicate the next season to Guardiola. And to prove and show the fans of Manchester City that Yaya is not finished with football. He is full of energy and wants to play this season in England.

“At a time when huge sums are being spent in England for the purchase of football players, I officially declare that Yaya is ready to move as a free agent to any English club in the top six with a salary of £1 a week – but for certain successes to make a bonus system.

“I believe that a player like Yaya would not harm Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool. Yaya – the winner. And never before has a top footballer with leadership qualities harmed any club, especially when it is not necessary to pay for it."

I'm hoping that is a price FSG are not willing to pay.

Salary? £1 per week.

Appearance bonus? £100k per game.

Goal bonus? £50k per game.

Signing on bonus? £30m.

Has West Ham written all over it.

Wolves signing a £35m full back? I wonder who his agent is...

Same as Fabinhos. Jorge Mendes I bet. Meanwhile Arsenal sign a 34 year old Lichtsteiner on a free. Wolves also selling Afobe a player they only signed 4 days ago to Stoke and making a small profit on the deal.