You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

He wouldn't go there though. Outside of the English teams I couldn't care were he went to cut his managerial teeth, the guy is a legend and I wish him well.

Is it too much to get a Gerrard 8 Rangers shirt?

He wouldn’t, but Em City downplayed the Rangers/Celtic rivalry as petty sectarian rivalry. Whilst we may think it’s shit rivalry from a distance, it’s really not. It’s a horrible, total hatred, historic rivalry that really isnt petty. Using Utd was an extreme example but a relevant one.

No offence, but that's a terrible analogy. It would be like me being a big AC Milan fan along with my Liverpool allegiances, and then getting a titty lip because Maldini took over the Mancs.

Paolo Maldini wouldn't give any fucks about the history of the shipping canal, the same way Stevie couldn't give two shits about who won the Battle of the Boyne.

It's totally irrelevant to a man of his background and stature.

You’re right. Stevie couldn’t give 2 fucks about it. I don’t give 2 fucks either. But there are people that do. Stig being one, which is why he said Stevie can fuck off.

I'm a Celtic fan. But (technically) protestant. I'm not fussed about all the sectarian shite. I just like Celtic more. Because of Dalglish and because I liked players like McStay, van Hooijdonk, Larsson etc.

Gerrard going to Rangers does absolutely nothing to damage his legacy, for me. If anything, it could be good for us if some of our younger players went there on loan.

Forrest just scored a beast of a goal to put Celtic 3 up.

I think Gerrard taking a job where there is so much of a focus on how he is doing and such high demands because of the history of the club and all that comes with it is actually a good thing and will accelerate his learning and will enable us to see what he is about more than taking a low profile job somewhere.

Yes it will be a harsh spotlight and he may end up learning some harsh lessons - but i think it will make him stronger as a learning manager, help him develop quicker and help him in the long run.

Shame this learning is going to take place at a club that stands for what those horrible twats stand for but there you go.

I am sure their shithouse Chelsea 'blues brothers' will get right behind him too!.....