You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Not sure why everyone is loving last night, I think it's no shock that City didn't beat Wigan away in a Monday night cup tie in February.

Comes a point where the 'well done Wigan' mantra should be called for what it is, and that's that City just didn't fancy matching Wigan's levels of effort. I think it devalues the cup significantly.

Last season we saw Lincoln and Millwall in the quarter finals, the season before one of the semi-finals was Palace v Watford, the season before that Villa and Reading were in the semi's, the season before that we had semi's featuring Wigan, Hull and Sheff United, and the season before that Wigan won the fucking thing.

I'm failing to see the bit where the FA Cup is a more prestigious competition to win than the League Cup in recent times.

Last 10 wins League Cup

Man United x 3

Man City x 2

Chelsea

Spurs

Liverpool

Swansea

Birmingham

Last 10 wins FA Cup

Arsenal x 3

Chelsea x 3

Man City

Man United

Wigan

Portsmouth

This season, Spurs could find themselves in the semi's having only met AFC Wimbledon, Newport, Rochdale, Sheff Wednesday or Swansea. Which is great for those clubs having a glamour tie, but let's not pretend the FA Cup is currently anything other than a frivolity for the (foreign) managers of big clubs.

Utter shite. I don't care enough about it, and last night was a case in point, I love football but this weekend I didn't bother with a minute of the FA Cup on telly, but I did make time to watch some of Eibar v Barcelona, and RB Leipzig v Frankfurt.

So there.

Still sulking from the Rochdale result obviously

Two entertaining cup ties if you really love football, 

• Upvote 1

footballespana‏ @footballespana_ 30m30 minutes ago

More

Philippe Coutinho's house robbed in Barcelona, to complete a miserable day for the Brazilian #FCBlive https://www.football-espana.net/70066/coutinhos-house-robbed-barcelona 

rdlol.gif

Why did it complete a miserable day? Something else bad happened? Wouldn't have happened here Phil lad?!?!

"It completed a miserable day for the former Inter and Liverpool playmaker, who had earlier that day seen his Audi car towed away by the authorities.

The house was specifically chosen by new teammate Luis Suarez following the player's move from Anfield last month."

Was this the most complicated heist plot in history, luring Coutinho to Barcelona for months so he can be robbed?

EDIT: ha! Great minds etc

Pep Guardiola: AW, HELL, DIDDILY-DING-DONG CRAP! CAN'T YOUR MORONS DO ANYTHING RIGHT?!

Aguero: Pep, everyone meant well and we tried our best -

Pep: Well we can't win the FA Cup of good intentions Sergio! Oh you're out of control and punching fans, but we can't blame you because you have goooood intentions!

Sterling: Hey back off man!

Pep: OK dude, I wouldn't want you to miss an open goal, man. Here's a catchphrase you might wanna learn - "Hey manager, can I be transferred back to Liverpool?"

Toure: With all due respect Pep, Raheem wasn't even playing in this game

Pep: Do I hear the sound of butting in? It's got to be Yaya Toure, the birthday boy no one celebrated!

Walker: Hahaha!

Pep: Oh and what do we have here, the soft, flappy legs of defence? The only tackles you ever made were on fifa against your sister!

Danilo: Fifa, oh that's good!

Pep: Oh the left back. The only signing from Real Madrid who's worse than Fabian Delph

Pep: And as for you I don't know you but I'm sure you're a jerk

Laporte: Hey I've only been here a few minutes, what's going on?

Pep: You ugly, terrible defending man

Stones: Hey I may be ugly and a terrible defender... wait what was the third thing you said?

Pep: And Claudio, you, are the worst player I've ever met

Bravo: Phew! I got off pretty easy

Still sulking from the Rochdale result obviously

Two entertaining cup ties if you really love football,

I do love good football. I hate the 'blood and thunder' bollocks that is narrative-driven games officiated by referees with very liberal attitudes towards physicality, a trait that completely vanishes when they referee Premier League games.

It's like the PL teams have to play with one arm tied behind their back, there is no appetite to protect them from twats who have necked 3 cans of Red Bull before the game and want to give it 'the big one' for the telly game.

City had 82% possession against Wigan, and had 15 corners to their 0.

I bet you were fucking pumped that the Wigan 'minnows' did it.

25,000 seater stadium, 6 managers in the last 5 years, 2013 FA Cup winners, played in the 2013 Europa League and beat Maribor and drew with Rubin Kazan, and finished with more points

The racist fuckwits went from 4th in the Championship in 2014 to relegated in 2015, then won League 1, then got relegated again.

Classic shit management of a sizeable team, owned by a bastard who donated £1.5m to the Tories, and asked for a minute's silence after Thatcher died.

The racist cunt was then, unsuprisingly, racist a lot, and said he would resign if he was found guilty of racism.

He was found guilty of racism, unreservedly.

He then had so much love for the club that he installed his 23 year old grandson to be Chairman, and is now looking to sell the club to a Hong Kong conglomerate registered in the Cayman Islands. That's how much he loves this country.

His Grandson almost immediately then utilised club funds to build a statue of Whelan outside the stadium.

I bet you had a terrific time last night cheering on Wigan's mighty warriors.

• Upvote 1

Pep Guardiola: AW, HELL, DIDDILY-DING-DONG CRAP! CAN'T YOUR MORONS DO ANYTHING RIGHT?!

Aguero: Pep, everyone meant well and we tried our best -

Pep: Well we can't win the FA Cup of good intentions Sergio! Oh you're out of control and punching fans, but we can't blame you because you have goooood intentions!

Sterling: Hey back off man!

Pep: OK dude, I wouldn't want you to miss an open goal, man. Here's a catchphrase you might wanna learn - "Hey manager, can I be transferred back to Liverpool?"

Toure: With all due respect Pep, Raheem wasn't even playing in this game

Pep: Do I hear the sound of butting in? It's got to be Yaya Toure, the birthday boy no one celebrated!

Walker: Hahaha!

Pep: Oh and what do we have here, the soft, flappy legs of defence? The only tackles you ever made were on fifa against your sister!

Danilo: Fifa, oh that's good!

Pep: Oh the left back. The only signing from Real Madrid who's worse than Fabian Delph

Pep: And as for you I don't know you but I'm sure you're a jerk

Laporte: Hey I've only been here a few minutes, what's going on?

Pep: You ugly, terrible defending man

Stones: Hey I may be ugly and a terrible defender... wait what was the third thing you said?

Pep: And Claudio, you, are the worst player I've ever met

Bravo: Phew! I got off pretty easy

Brilliant!

Why did it complete a miserable day? Something else bad happened? Wouldn't have happened here Phil lad?!?!

Spanish paper Sport claim Philippe Coutinho’s house was burgled on Monday evening while he was out for dinner.

The Barcelona star, who stayed in Catalonia while the remainder of the squad were in London for their Champions League tie with Chelsea, is understood to have returned to his home around 1.30am on Tuesday morning to find his new abode had been broken in to.

The Brazilian, who signed for Barca from Liverpool for £142million last month, also saw his Audi car towed away by the authorities on Monday in what was a miserable 24 hours for the midfielder.

Ongoing construction work on his house apparently made it easier for the thieves to gain access to the property.

Coutinho, who had the property recommended to him by former team-mate Luis Suarez, immediately reported the matter to police upon his return.

The Mossos d’Esquadra came around to take a look and analysed the scene to look for clues.

Coutinho is ineligible to play for Barcelona in the Champions League having featured for the Reds during the group phase last year.

Coutinho’s car was towed away after he parked it in a loading bay whilst visiting the Sagrada Familia.