You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Fucking typical

Burnley defender James Tarkowski has accepted a charge of violent conduct and will serve a three-match ban with immediate effect.

The 25-year-old was charged after swinging his arm into Brighton striker Glenn Murray's chest during Saturday's 0-0 draw in the Premier League.

Tarkowski will miss games against Tottenham, Manchester United and Huddersfield this month.

He will be available for Liverpool's visit to Turf Moor on 1 January.

Fair play to him.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/nationalsport/Zanka-Claus-is-coming-to-town-Jorgensen-to-buy-every-Huddersfield-fan-at-Southampton-a-drink-549ea909-4c86-45e7-a48f-ef82d23b29e3-ds

Zanka Claus is coming to town: Jorgensen to buy every Huddersfield fan at Southampton a drink

Mathias Jorgensen will buy a drink for every Huddersfield fan who makes the 472-mile round trip to Southampton on Saturday by way of thanks for their "amazing" support this Premier League season.

The 27-year-old Denmark defender, also known as Zanka, joined the Terriers from FC Copenhagen in July and has since helped the West Yorkshire club reach 11th place in the top-flight table.

Offering a gift that could end up costing him more than £8,000 as Huddersfield supporters have an allocation of 2,596 at St Mary's, Jorgensen tweeted: "#ZankaClaus is coming to Town! A drink on me for every @htafcdotcom fan going to Southampton on Saturday! Grab a token on the way in.

"Use these tokens at the Stoke game on Boxing Day. Your support has been amazing so this round is on me!"

Guest Pistonbroke

Thought it was all blown up anyway. Handbags in the tunnel. Some of these players and their manager would not last 5 minutes in park football changing sheds.

Arteta received a cut to the head, It may have been blown out of proportion but that is assault. I can only imagine if it had happened in another Derby match that day that the powers that be would not have been so lenient. 

Arteta received a cut to the head, It may have been blown out of proportion but that is assault. I can only imagine if it had happened in another Derby match that day that the powers that be would not have been so lenient. 

He got a tiny scratch. I do not think there is an agenda against us so disagree if it had kicked off in our derby it would be any different.

Guest Pistonbroke

Was it ever intimated how Arteta received his injury? 

I reckon Lukaku went to kick him in his nuts but missed by quite some distance and caught him in the eye. 

Guest Pistonbroke

He got a tiny scratch. I do not think there is an agenda against us so disagree if it had kicked off in our derby it would be any different.

Got proof of that mate? All press stated it was a cut and nobody has said otherwise, well nothing in the articles I have read. 

I never said there was an agenda against us, I was using us as an example. Plenty of clubs have had disrepute charges for a lot less than what went on at Old Trafford. 

Think they're just shitting it about missing out on the CL money. Not that I think sacking him will solve this. Realistically they're chasing Valencia, who if they win their game in hand will be eight points above Sevilla. They'll be finishing 5th this season.

Their next game is the derby. Guess if Berizzo lost that he'd have been binned after it anyway.

They've got 29 points after 17, so are on course for about 65 points. Which seems about reasonable for a club like Sevilla. Not sure what they expect really. They're aren't going to finish above Barcelona or Real Madrid. They're unlikely to finish above Atletico, and Valencia are having an excellent and slightly unexpected season. It's not like they're fucking 12th.

I can imagine mate, what are Sevilla fans like in general? 

Fairly sound, placid. Few more loons support Betis (much better atmosphere during games there as well).

Both sets of fans generally reflect the city though. They don't want any trouble, they just want to hang around in the sun drinking beer and talking shite.