You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Can we put this bollocks about manchester united being clever over internationals and injuries to bed? Lukaku has to go to Belgium and be declared unfit to play by their medical team, not united's. If he does not go, the Belgian FA can get the player sanctioned and suspended for league games.

They may have got away with it years ago when ferguson was there with giggs and wales but that was then not now.

I hear what your saying Jimmy but I doubt very much it would be hard for the player to travel over complain about something or other and be back on a plane to Manchester and relaxing back at home while our players are flying over the world , call me cynical but I wouldn't put anything past shitcoat.
  • Upvote 1

How great would it be if Catalonia got its independence and all the major leagues turned Barca down. The club would be over. I can't see it happening though I think France would be all over it. The Spanish league would end up a procession like the German league then though.

Sorry to piss on your chips but no way are Barca disappearing down any plug hole unfortunately 

Sorry to piss on your chips but no way are Barca disappearing down any plug hole unfortunately

I wouldn't be so sure. There will be a lot of ill feeling in Spain if Catalonia becomes independent and it's not completely out of the question that they wouldn't admit them back into the league. I think the only other reasonable suggestion would be France. I think that then comes down to whether the big clubs there think the positives of having more money in the league due to the attraction of Barca outweigh the negatives of having the extra competition. The Lyons, Marseilles and Monacos I think can write off any chance of winning the league for a long time. There's also the chance for PSG to screw them over which can't be ruled out considering the relations at the moment.

If they don't get much of a say then the league would almost certainly say yes as overnight the league would become more popular than the Spanish league.

United game will be big for Klopp.  

Two factors:

(1) If we lose by a lot then it could have far-reaching consequences.  NB, Bayern still without a manager.

(2) Klopp has 2 weeks on the training ground with Karius, Matip, Milner, Gomez, Moreno, Trent.  If he can't get that lot working in two weeks then he's got no business being here much longer. You get Solanke to do the Lukaku impression in training, and you get better at defending.

Two factors:

(1) If we lose by a lot then it could have far-reaching consequences. NB, Bayern still without a manager.

(2) Klopp has 2 weeks on the training ground with Karius, Matip, Milner, Gomez, Moreno, Trent. If he can't get that lot working in two weeks then he's got no business being here much longer. You get Solanke to do the Lukaku impression in training, and you get better at defending.

Can't make chicken soup out of chicken shit.

• Upvote 1

Two factors:

(1) If we lose by a lot then it could have far-reaching consequences. NB, Bayern still without a manager.

(2) Klopp has 2 weeks on the training ground with Karius, Matip, Milner, Gomez, Moreno, Trent. If he can't get that lot working in two weeks then he's got no business being here much longer. You get Solanke to do the Lukaku impression in training, and you get better at defending.

You are taking it too far. I've been pretty downbeat about Klopp but mainly because I want him to recognise his faults quickly and fix them. He has it in him to do so.

But no way should there be any talk of getting rid of him. Once he's gone it's Mediocrity Street for sure.

Klopp needs to get his shit together, stop being so stubborn, spend some money on the spine and stop overestimating his own coaching ability. It's the players that matter and a good coach can add only an extra 5%.

You are taking it too far. I've been pretty downbeat about Klopp but mainly because I want him to recognise his faults quickly and fix them. He has it in him to do so.

But no way should there be any talk of getting rid of him. Once he's gone it's Mediocrity Street for sure.

Klopp needs to get his shit together, stop being so stubborn, spend some money on the spine and stop overestimating his own coaching ability. It's the players that matter and a good coach can add only an extra 5%.

Pretty much how I see it. We're in a slump right now and its a long season. I dont think theres too many people talking about sacking him.

We are all thinking the same thing. He probably needs to get a bit more pragmatic to some degree and probably come the transfer windows a bit more realistic.

A good 4/5 of our starting lineup could do with a replacing and we simply have to sign a defender or two in January or this season is a write off.

I hear what your saying Jimmy but I doubt very much it would be hard for the player to travel over complain about something or other and be back on a plane to Manchester and relaxing back at home while our players are flying over the world , call me cynical but I wouldn't put anything past shitcoat.

One, he still has to travel over, two, he still has to be examined by the medical staff in Belgium. All of which still shows the comment about united being 'clever' to be irrelevant nonsense.

If belgium 'dont need him' because they've qualified, they'd be unlikely to play him in any case so united wouldnt even have to consider being 'clever' as alleged.

Two factors:

(1) If we lose by a lot then it could have far-reaching consequences.  NB, Bayern still without a manager.

(2) Klopp has 2 weeks on the training ground with Karius, Matip, Milner, Gomez, Moreno, Trent.  If he can't get that lot working in two weeks then he's got no business being here much longer. You get Solanke to do the Lukaku impression in training, and you get better at defending.

Are TAA, Gomez and Solanke not on international duty at various levels ?

Hardly a massive haul

We had Rush,Barnes,Beardsley, Gerrard,Fowler,Owen for a start between 1990-2000

Think you are getting your decades mixed up - Rush was 1980.

Barnes and Beardsley were seasoned professionals when we bought them.

The SG, 9 and Judas are good examples - but that well seems to have run dry and none were sold for big fees.

Sterling and Suso are our best products of the last 10 years and neither are showing their best football at Liverpool.

Suso is getting regular football and Sterling is playing in a far better team. I still don't rate his finishing or decision making that highly , Don't regret we sold Sterling

• Upvote 1

Think you are getting your decades mixed up - Rush was 1980.

Barnes and Beardsley were seasoned professionals when we bought them.

The SG, 9 and Judas are good examples - but that well seems to have run dry and none were sold for big fees.

Both Rush and Barnes still here in the early 90s.

Bale a funny though

They didn't do much with him,Southampton developed him. Redknapp tries to take credit but was on the verge of selling him to the Championship before he had to throw him in with injuries and he just took off. All at a time that Spurs were just starting to trouble the bigger clubs.

Kane is great but no better than Fowler or Owen when we brought them through.

We have not really been in a position to bring players through with so much pressure to get back into the Champions League. We need to do a better job though.

Starting with Ward,wasting him as a 3rd string. He needs games and will go soon imo.

TAA should be the rightback too. No worse than Gomez at the back snd far better going forward.