Quantcast
Grenfall Tower Fire - Page 38 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
General Dryness

Grenfall Tower Fire

All anyone will remember from this is that the chief was sacked, despite only 

being in charge of the organisation for 6 months to that point and not being in charge of the incident at any point. This stage of the inquiry may as well not be happening for all it is being covered.

• Upvote 1

They aren't even hiding their lies and corruption. They are making it so blatantly fucking obvious because they know they will get away with it

To be fair, he’s right. His email file should be on their servers and unless he’s a director he wouldn’t have the authority to delete it. It worked in the manner he describes for me when I had to change my laptop in work. Also, the emails are likely to be archived. If anyone’s had the file deleted it’s the company.

And emails are a two-way street so others should have copies of some of his correspondence.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking twats. Nothing in that article about the laptop going missing the other week? Not even a link to the article. 

Who'd have thought it eh? You could knock me down with a feather if you told me a tory council and or government would cover up the deaths of dosens of people. It's not something they've ever done before!!!

On 17/11/2020 at 11:23, Rico1304 said:

This enquiry and it's findings to date are just a sideshow. As karl_b alluded to above, the whole building industry is culpable. Market forces and weak governance have created a situation where manufacturer's drive the debate. Rather than the HSE, Building Control and the BRE as they were intended to.

For at least the last 20 years there's been a culture in construction where manufacturer's effectively tell the regulators what the 'real' problem is and, oh, what do you know? Product X is exactly the cure for said remedy - here's some 'science' we did to prove it.

It's Marketing 101.

You then get insurance companies only indemnifying buildings if they've used said manufacturer's Product X and the debate is concluded: You Must Use This Product Because Sham Science and Insurance Impells You To. Very few people question it and those that do are small, lonely voices.

I'm over-simplifying slightly. But its the pervasive influence of market forces becoming systemic and institutionalised that's ultimately at fault here. 

But enquiries - they need a man to hang, always.

• Upvote 1