You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grenfall Tower Fire

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Sure I read this week that hardly any of the money collected or promised by the Govt has found it's way to the survivors or families.

The way they threw the Fire service under the bus to drag the process out and keep the real villains away from justice has Hillsborough written all over it.

Cant remember which channel it was but they've just had someone liken their experience to the Hillsborough fight for justice and truth.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

All anyone will remember from this is that the chief was sacked, despite only 

being in charge of the organisation for 6 months to that point and not being in charge of the incident at any point. This stage of the inquiry may as well not be happening for all it is being covered.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

To be fair, he’s right. His email file should be on their servers and unless he’s a director he wouldn’t have the authority to delete it. It worked in the manner he describes for me when I had to change my laptop in work. Also, the emails are likely to be archived. If anyone’s had the file deleted it’s the company.

And emails are a two-way street so others should have copies of some of his correspondence.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking twats. Nothing in that article about the laptop going missing the other week? Not even a link to the article. 

Who'd have thought it eh? You could knock me down with a feather if you told me a tory council and or government would cover up the deaths of dosens of people. It's not something they've ever done before!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/11/2020 at 11:23, Rico1304 said:

This enquiry and it's findings to date are just a sideshow. As karl_b alluded to above, the whole building industry is culpable. Market forces and weak governance have created a situation where manufacturer's drive the debate. Rather than the HSE, Building Control and the BRE as they were intended to.

For at least the last 20 years there's been a culture in construction where manufacturer's effectively tell the regulators what the 'real' problem is and, oh, what do you know? Product X is exactly the cure for said remedy - here's some 'science' we did to prove it.

It's Marketing 101.

You then get insurance companies only indemnifying buildings if they've used said manufacturer's Product X and the debate is concluded: You Must Use This Product Because Sham Science and Insurance Impells You To. Very few people question it and those that do are small, lonely voices.

I'm over-simplifying slightly. But its the pervasive influence of market forces becoming systemic and institutionalised that's ultimately at fault here. 

But enquiries - they need a man to hang, always.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

She seems nice

Grenfell volunteer 'stirred up racial hatred by claiming victims died "in a Jewish sacrifice"' | Daily Mail Online

A woman who ran a volunteer network for Grenfell Tower survivors allegedly stirred up racial hatred on Facebook by claiming the victims were 'burnt alive in a Jewish sacrifice'.

Tahra Ahmed, 51, from Tottenham, London, is said to have published two posts to her Facebook account between 26 January 2016 and 26 January 2018.

Ahmed, who ran workshops for those affected by the Grenfell tragedy, appeared at the Old Bailey on Wednesday charged with stirring up racial hatred on Facebook.

Speaking at a town hall protest two days after the Grenfell disaster, Ahmed also described the blaze as a 'holocaust'. 

She has made other antisemitic outbursts, claiming that the 9/11 terror attack was faked by Jews and describing Hitler's massacre of Jews as the 'holohoax'.

In previous comments, the activist has said: 'Grenfell is owned by a private Jewish property developer just like the Twin Towers. 

'I wonder how much Goldman [Sachs] is standing to make in the world's most expensive real estate location, [Kensington].'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...