Quantcast
Grenfall Tower Fire - Page 37 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
General Dryness

Grenfall Tower Fire

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m more inclined to get the best person rather than feelings.  No offence but I’d imagine the higher up you go it’d be possible to have links to everyone. 

And what makes you think she's the best person? Not sure what the last bit is meant to imply? She's not the top in the field or high up is she? She's a chartered engineer that is a director of a small company that happened to chair the womans engineering society charity.

6 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

And what makes you think she's the best person? Not sure what the last bit is meant to imply? She's not the top in the field or high up is she? She's a chartered engineer that is a director of a small company that happened to chair the womans engineering society charity.

I’ve just had a quick look at her LinkedIn profile. You are being a little disingenuous to say the least. 

saying that I’ve never set up a public enquiry so what do I know.  Other than I’d guess it’s fucking hard finding anyone who’d want to even do it. After all people start questioning your integrity before you’ve even picked up a pen.  

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve just had a quick look at her LinkedIn profile. You are being a little disingenuous to say the least. 

saying that I’ve never set up a public enquiry so what do I know.  Other than I’d guess it’s fucking hard finding anyone who’d want to even do it. After all people start questioning your integrity before you’ve even picked up a pen.  

She oversaw the runways at Heathrow and then went into social housing very briefly and moved into health for the London ambulance service where she has been director of assets and property, the business she was a director of is a small company to say the least.

It's not about her integrity it's the fact that Johnson has no issue that the charity she headed took money from one of the companies involved in this disaster, it is also about the fact that the professor she has replaced was crucial for a view from social housing, something the families specifically asked for. Where as she's a chartered engineer who's experience with social housing is limited. 

Sir Martin Moore-Bicks has enough technical expertise as do others so what does she bring to the panel? 

14 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

She oversaw the runways at Heathrow and then went into social housing very briefly and moved into health for the London ambulance service where she has been director of assets and property, the business she was a director of is a small company to say the least.

It's not about her integrity it's the fact that Johnson has no issue that the charity she headed took money from one of the companies involved in this disaster, it is also about the fact that the professor she has replaced was crucial for a view from social housing, something the families specifically asked for. Where as she's a chartered engineer who's experience with social housing is limited. 

Sir Martin Moore-Bicks has enough technical expertise as do others so what does she bring to the panel? 

So the retired judge with no engineering qualifications has enough technical expertise?  

Look, I’ve no dog in this fight, but your playing down of her career seems strange.  You don’t like her, she’s going to do it.  

maybe they’ve asked lots people and they’ve said no.  I know I’d steer well clear just in case Lily Allen accused me of ignoring the hundreds of bodies who the fire brigade conspired to smuggle out.  

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So the retired judge with no engineering qualifications has enough technical expertise?  

Look, I’ve no dog in this fight, but your playing down of her career seems strange.  You don’t like her, she’s going to do it.  

maybe they’ve asked lots people and they’ve said no.  I know I’d steer well clear just in case Lily Allen accused me of ignoring the hundreds of bodies who the fire brigade conspired to smuggle out.  

Not played her career down at all nor do I know her to like or dislike, the retired judge (not that I think he was a good choice either) can call on experts for technical expertise like he has in phase 1, Thouria Istephan is there for the technical stuff so again what does she bring? again it isn't about her it's about why her especially given the link to a company with a vested interest in this. Who is there specifically for social housing etc that the families specifically asked for and thought they had. 

She’s resigned.  Doesn’t it start again on Monday?  

Can’t shake the feeling finding someone to do this will just get harder.  

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No doubt the replacement will have elbows that are too pointy or something. 

Or be a part of a concern that received a £71,000 grant from the party that is alleged to have installed the cladding involved in the tragedy. Almost the same really.

• Upvote 1

They don't really need immunity to be fair. In the UK, the worst you can probably expect for the corporate manslaughter of immigrants will be getting embarrassed in Private Eye.