Quantcast
Grenfall Tower Fire - Page 36 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
General Dryness

Grenfall Tower Fire

8 hours ago, Stickman said:

Let's hope one day Mogg gets locked in a burning mansion

Disgusting right wing twat.

17 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

I would have thought a major project like that would have had consultation with the local fire service, as is normal. At the very least Building Control (or the Approved Inspector) will have notified them. 

The building failed 2 inspections by the London fire and planning department but had been passed by the building inspectors who got paid by the council if I remember right...

I remember fire doors weren't properly fitted and vents didn't work, also the fire barriers in the cladding construction hadn't been installed correctly and the wrong insulation installed

30 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Honestly think I would buy Champagne if this fucker died.

I'd happily plant the bottle over his melon fucking head. 

@brianmoore666

You don't have to be educated at all to know you're a complete cunt.

Arron Banks @Arron_banks
You don’t need to be educated at Eton , to know that it’s smart to leave a burning building. https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1191773046031429632 
1:21 PM - 5 Nov 2019
  • Upvote 1

Clues to the causes of the tragedy of Grenfell Tower are at last emerging, and they do appear to be providing some comfort. For example, people who died in the fire, according to Jacob Rees-Mogg, lacked “common sense”. The inferno could thus be viewed as a useful cull of some of society’s least valuable members, a purification by fire that the eugenicists of the 1930s would recognise as entirely valid.

Rees-Mogg’s own home, the £2.9m, 17th-century Gournay Court, is built of red sandstone and Bath stone, and has not been thoughtlessly smothered with explosive material. But were it to suddenly turn into an unprecedentedly fierce inferno, it is certain that Rees-Mogg would have had the common sense to tell Nanny to evacuate the family immediately; not down a blazing narrow tower block fire escape, of course, but down the impressive internal staircase, which rises from the east end of Gournay’s inner hall to the first floor and has decorated covered urns as finials and pendants on the newel posts, its balusters forming an arcade in the Jacobean fashion.

Having already established that firefighters were to blame for the deaths, apparently for having no experience of firefighting in a building that was actually covered in material designed to burst into flame, we now learn that the dead are to blame for their own deaths anyway, for being too stupid to stay alive.

Meanwhile, we will have to wait until the back end of next year for a decision on the culpability of the contractors. Appropriate blame has, however, managed to be apportioned to the once lauded firefighters and feckless residents through the first phase of the report and Jacob Rees-Mogg’s personal LBC radio trumpet respectively.

Bizarrely, Boris Piccaninny Watermelon Letterbox Cake Bumboys Vampires Haircut Wall-Spaffer Spunk-Burster Fuck-Business Fuck-the-Families Get-Off-My-Fucking-Laptop Girly-Swot Big-Girl’s-Blouse Chicken-frit Hulk-Smash Noseringed-Crusties Death-Humbug Technology-Lessons Surrender-Bullshit French-Turds Get-Stuffed Johnson who, when mayor of London, responded to London assembly member Andrew Dismore’s criticisms of his cuts to fire services budgets by telling him to “get stuffed!”, remains at large.

• Upvote 2

Boris Piccaninny Watermelon Letterbox Cake Bumboys Vampires Haircut Wall-Spaffer Spunk-Burster Fuck-Business Fuck-the-Families Get-Off-My-Fucking-Laptop Girly-Swot Big-Girl’s-Blouse Chicken-frit Hulk-Smash Noseringed-Crusties Death-Humbug Technology-Lessons Surrender-Bullshit French-Turds Get-Stuffed Johnson

• Upvote 2

If only there had been some warning about the danger of cladding a few years ago I'm sure this Tory Government would have acted very swiftly to sort it out .

18 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

If only there had been some warning about the danger of cladding a few years ago I'm sure this Tory Government would have acted very swiftly to sort it out .

No ACM on this building so not the cladding but more a timber build up, insulation and a big gap for air, things a fire wants.. 

24 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

No ACM on this building so not the cladding but more a timber build up, insulation and a big gap for air, things a fire wants.. 

Maybe so but the basic point stands 

53 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Have you read the article?  The links are pretty tenuous. She seems pretty well qualified. 

The chairty she chaired received it's biggest donation from Arconic who the families are suing! If you were one of them would you be happy?  They couldn't find someone who wasn't linked? 

1 minute ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

The chairty she chaired received it's biggest donation from Arconic who the families are suing! If you were one of them would you be happy?  They couldn't find someone who wasn't linked? 

I don’t know, maybe she’s the best qualified and they think the link isn’t relevant.  Why would her old role influence her now? She’s a professional.    Maybe everyone in the industry has similar links.  

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t know, maybe she’s the best qualified and they think the link isn’t relevant.  Why would her old role influence her now? She’s a professional.    Maybe everyone in the industry has similar links.  

She's still a trustee, I'm in the industry so no not everyone has links.

She certainly does not have more knowledge than the person she replaced especially in regard to social issues that the families want.

I find it an odd appointment that discards the feelings of those involved.

1 hour ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

She's still a trustee, I'm in the industry so no not everyone has links.

She certainly does not have more knowledge than the person she replaced especially in regard to social issues that the families want.

I find it an odd appointment that discards the feelings of those involved.

I’m more inclined to get the best person rather than feelings.  No offence but I’d imagine the higher up you go it’d be possible to have links to everyone.