You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grenfall Tower Fire

You could have beaten him to death. Doubt he'd put in a complaint then.

Fucking hell, what an absolute cunt of a human he is.

After my initial reaction of complete disgust I did ponder how on Earth people like him can be part of the same species as me.

I mean, I can be a cunt at times but to come out with something like that, in public without some sort of context or caveat & without a hint of humour involved was quite unbelievable. I was genuinely offended & it takes a fucking lot to offend me.

Guest Pistonbroke

I was at an AGM in London today and some posh cunt said that the fire had been a 'real pain' because it has slowed his commute to work.

I was the only person there with a disgusted look on my face, I couldn't say anything because I was working but fucking Hell, what a cunt.

I hope the cunt gets AIDS, bad shit house AIDS. 

I think living in big cities does that to you. You become desensitized to your fellow humans.

I have mates who i grew up with in Liverpool who are now solicitors and Architects etc living in London. They constantly take the piss out of me living in the middle of nowhere. one came up to stay for a weekend and said it was so shit he would never come back and has put the rest off visiting.

Fair enough. But I know everyone in my area. If I haven't seen a certain old fella for a few days I'll knock and check he is OK. Community.

I go down there to see them and they are paying 4 times my mortgage for rent on a 1 bed flat. Nowhere to park a car, working 50+ hours a week and when you go out for a bevy with them its all about how this fella is a twat, this place is shit, some cunt on the tube etc. They are decent blokes but they have changed beyond recognition.

• Upvote 3

I was at an AGM in London today and some posh cunt said that the fire had been a 'real pain' because it has slowed his commute to work.

I was the only person there with a disgusted look on my face, I couldn't say anything because I was working but fucking Hell, what a cunt.

London is full of cunts like that. You did well to bite your tongue. With any luck he will say it later on in a pub and some leftie will left hook his fucking teeth out. 

• Upvote 2

So possibly manslaughter charges then

Am i right in remembering some twat of a woman on the council going on the defensive the morning after claiming they had recently passed safety inspections?

If so just proves what shite they will through out quickly to shift the blame as the Police/Fire Services have said

Det Supt McCormack says the tests carried out on the cladding and insulation were "small scale" but added: "All I can say at the moment is they [the tiles and insulation] don't pass any safety tests."

This has all come about by design, it's been encouraged by the language the government and media use. You hear it with Hillsborough still, people on benefits, immigrants, the disabled, people who throw themselves in front of trains and disrupt your journey, people who go on strike and disrupt your day, basically if it isn't all about you and your job, then it's shit and not worth worrying about.

If you're not perceived to contribute financially you're a twat, if you're not living a life style perceived to be on the same level as mine you're scum, if you get in the way of my lifestyle or my money you're a twat too.

Consumer Britain.

• Upvote 1

I should say though I was not slagging these people off. Its what you have to do to survive in these places. When I spend a week or three back home in Liverpool my wife says it takes about a week for me to re-adapt to living in the sticks. She notices it in my driving most. she wont drive in Liverpool she cannot get her head around the aggression. Back home at junctions you wait and wave, 9 times out of 10 you know the person in the other car.

Camden council evacuating 161 families from a tower block by tonight. Wow

Camden evacuates tower block after Grenfell fire

20:08, UK, Friday 23 June 2017

b03695687c09156fa147258d9ebe29349881c1c2

Camden Council will evacuate 161 households from a tower block tonight amid fire safety concerns.

The move follows news that similar cladding was used on the Chalcots Estate to that which spread the Grenfell Tower fire in Kensington earlier this month.

Council leader Georgia Gould said: "Last night the leader of the council and the chief executive led a public meeting to listen to the concerns held by residents of the Chalcots estate.

"Upon hearing from residents the leadership of the council immediately instructed a joint fire inspection with the London Fire Brigade.

"Today the London Fire Brigade completed a joint inspection of the blocks with Camden Council technical experts.

"Together we decided that the Taplow block needs to be temporarily decanted while we undertake urgent fire safety works so that residents can be fully assured of their safety.

"This means that we need to move residents from their homes and into temporary accommodation."

She said it is thought the work would take three to four weeks, adding: "We realise that this is hugely distressing for everyone affected and we will be doing all we can, alongside the London Fire Brigade and other authorities, to support our residents at this difficult time.

"The Grenfell fire changes everything - we need to do everything we can to keep residents safe."

The Chalcots estate has five tower blocks more than 700 households in total.

http://news.sky.com/story/camden-evacuates-tower-block-after-grenfell-fire-10925449

So the question is why the fuck have these safety checks not been done before??? Lost for words.

Seems like every council in London hasn't a fuckin clue about fire risk assessments and re-assessing projects, on existing risk assessed builds, once an alteration has been made. 

Or, maybe it just cost too much money.....Or even worse - maybe they're just incompetent!

I'd tell them to fuck off personally but only because I've just opened a beer and popped Spotify on. At least let me finish listening to my Discover Weekly playlist first, you inconsiderate bastards.

No way I would leave home at that time of night,knowing I was going to an uncertain future.think it's just a council shitting themselves wanting to be seen to doing something positive.causing massive social and logistical problems tonight and for god knows how long into the future.

The thing about all this is there is zero leadership or coordination coming from May and her government, Totally rudderless, don't give a fucking shit clueless Brexit obsessed bunch of cunts that see the death of hundreds of people ( never mind 79 they admit to) in the most horrendous circumstances and now the evacuation of many more as an inconvenience , I am struggling to imagine any previous government in my lifetime that would have shown such ineptitude and callous disregard for the well being of so many of its citizens . I see that callous bitch Leadsom talking about patriotism tonight and it makes me puke, When you have lost every argument , failed in the primary duty to the people , namely defending and keeping them safe, then when all else fails invoke the old last resort of patriotism., This government is rotten to the core 

• Upvote 1

Georgie Gould has only been leader of Camden council for a month. Only 31 years old too. Spent all night talking to angry residents at the 2 centres set up.

From hearing her speak again this morning she sounded horrified from the residents meeting the day before and then again was horrified by the fire assessments that were carried out, leading her to make the decision that she did.

Labour showing Tory cunts how it's done, putting people first.

On another note 4000 people displaced from 650 flats is being quoted by Sky News.

So that's over 6 people per flat on average.

And people think there were only 400 people in Grenfell? If you apply the same average it's 738.

Georgie Gould has only been leader of Camden council for a month. Only 31 years old too. Spent all night talking to angry residents at the 2 centres set up.

From hearing her speak again this morning she sounded horrified from the residents meeting the day before and then again was horrified by the fire assessments that were carried out, leading her to make the decision that she did.

Labour showing Tory cunts how it's done, putting people first.

On another note 4000 people displaced from 650 flats is being quoted by Sky News.

So that's over 6 people per flat on average.

And people think there were only 400 people in Grenfell? If you apply the same average it's 738.

Pics or GTFO