You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grenfall Tower Fire

I couldn't help but smile when reading that firefighters story when he says that they were all willing to go beyond the line of duty and do things they would never normally do, especially the part when he says that the already broken firefighters was back up in full kit ready to go again, it's truly inspirational stuff. They are all heroes every single man and woman who entered that building should be honoured, they should all be front page news so everyone knows who they are. Some of the things they must have seen on their way up and back down is not even worth thinking about, I've never understood why people complain that them and nurses strike for better pay, they are both thankless jobs that deserve the upmost respect.

Because we live in a country inhabited by cunts who are largely incapable of seeing anything from any view but their own. They are usually cowards hiding behind the anonimity of the internet or social media in general. An educated population is a dangerous thing for the status quo.

There's a culture of honour, in its proper place, that has gone awry. 

Fire fighters should be honoured. This will be manifest in a general sense of respect for the work they do, and reasonable pay and equipment and so on. Everyone knows that a fair amount of time is 'down' time, but that's not the point. The point is that when the incident comes, and it always does, they are ready to step into harm's way on our behalf. They should have the full respect and backing of the public for that. 

As for the likes of Gove, if he doesn't know anyone personally in the tower, he should leave out the talk of being distraught. It's unbecoming. It comes across as a privileged politician trying too hard to identify with the man in the street. Less talk and more action is the remedy there, I would have thought. 

There's a culture of honour, in its proper place, that has gone awry. 

Fire fighters should be honoured. This will be manifest in a general sense of respect for the work they do, and reasonable pay and equipment and so on. Everyone knows that a fair amount of time is 'down' time, but that's not the point. The point is that when the incident comes, and it always does, they are ready to step into harm's way on our behalf. They should have the full respect and backing of the public for that. 

As for the likes of Gove, if he doesn't know anyone personally in the tower, he should leave out the talk of being distraught. It's unbecoming. It comes across as a privileged politician trying too hard to identify with the man in the street. Less talk and more action is the remedy there, I would have thought. 

A different government is the remedy , Gove and his ilk don't give a damn about anything other than staying in power

Guest Pistonbroke

The charity song makes me want to set fire to shit.

If those suffering get every single penny then i only see it as a positive thing, I'd rather just donate money than have the song in my collection though. They did however step up to the plate to raise money, and although you'll always have some wanting to gain exposure the majority will have done so for the right reasons. Unfortunately things like this have to be done because the Gov't don't give a flying fuck deep down, the public donating covers up their cuntish ways as usual. 

A fair few of them are getting rehoused in a fairly plush looking apartment complex in Knightsbridge (I think).

I'm buzzing my tits off at the utter fume on social media etc because a few foreign sounding folks are getting a nice place after their homes burned down.

There's some angry, bitter, resentful fuckers out there.

• Upvote 7

A fair few of them are getting rehoused in a fairly plush looking apartment complex in Knightsbridge (I think).

I'm buzzing my tits off at the utter fume on social media etc because a few foreign sounding folks are getting a nice place after their homes burned down.

Heads over to the Daily Mail site for the comments..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4625368/Grenfell-Tower-survivors-homes-2billion-block.html

Same cunts who this week were posting old Right move ads on Facebook and the like of 2k a month flats in Grenfell and saying how could they afford them etc etc......https://www.openrent.co.uk/property-to-rent/london/2-bed-flat-grenfell-tower-w11/168071

Yeah me too, although in typical May style apparently the media were briefed about this but the people themselves weren't, when the news went down there they were all baffled. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Heads over to the Daily Mail site for the comments..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4625368/Grenfell-Tower-survivors-homes-2billion-block.html

Same cunts who this week were posting old Right move ads on Facebook and the like of 2k a month flats in Grenfell and saying how could they afford them etc etc......https://www.openrent.co.uk/property-to-rent/london/2-bed-flat-grenfell-tower-w11/168071

The cup of human kindness doth overflow. 

BBC Breaking News @BBCBreaking

PM says tests on cladding on tower blocks have shown "a number" are "combustible" following #GrenfellTower fire

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/877811885751414784/video/1

Hopefully she and the cabinet will be moved into one of said tower blocks as soon as possible. I am happy to throw the fist match

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Apparently she's dithering about whether or not to fit sprinkler systems in tower blocks.

I didn't quite catch the whole thing but she was banging on about some enquiry suggesting sprinklers in all tower blocks are not needed. 

I didn't quite catch the whole thing but she was banging on about some enquiry suggesting sprinklers in all tower blocks are not needed.

From what I can gather a sprinkler system wouldn't have done much as it was the cyanide fumes from the cladding that killed most people.

Unless they were stuck in their flats and had no choice but to breath the cyanide fumes.

Guest Pistonbroke

From what I can gather a sprinkler system wouldn't have done much as it was the cyanide fumes from the cladding that killed most people.

Unless they were stuck in their flats and had no choice but to breath the cyanide fumes.

There's a simple solution to that massive issue/fuck up. 

Guest Pistonbroke

If true, you couldn't make this shit up. 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/21/company-that-did-grenfell-renovation-about-to-get-65000000-london-housing-contract-6723795/

Company that did Grenfell renovation about to get £65,000,000 London housing contract.

Rydon, the company behind the controversial refurbishment of Grenfell Tower, is about to get a £65million construction contract in west London.

According to industry publication Construction News, the contractor has been approved by Ealing Council’s cabinet as the development partner for the regeneration of High Line Estates in the borough.

Ealing is the neighbouring borough to Kensington and Chelsea, where Grenfell Tower near Latimer Road tragically went up in flames.

The lucrative deal will see the contractor finance, develop and submit a planning application for the new development, which will be situated just miles from where last week’s atrocity unfolded.

They will then demolish the area’s existing estate, before replacing it with mixed-tenure housing. The majority of homes in the development will apparently be ‘affordable’.

One of the main changes to the building involved the addition of external cladding, which it has been claimed caused the fire to spread much quicker than it would have otherwise.

At least 79 people have been confirmed dead after the tragedy last week, but police warn that the death toll is set to rise.

Rydon has since insisted all of its work on Grenfell Tower met the required building control, fire regulation and health and safety standards.

Ealing Council added that although Rydon had been chosen as its preferred partner for the development of the estate, they hadn’t yet signed a deal.

A spokesperson for Ealing Council told Metro.co.uk: ‘The High Lane estate scheme is in a very early stage. All designs will be fully consulted on with residents and partners and will meet all fire safety standards.

‘The current outdated housing blocks will be replaced by new mixed-tenure blocks that meet all modern fire safety standards. There can be no comparison made with the construction methods or materials at Grenfell Tower.’

I was at an AGM in London today and some posh cunt said that the fire had been a 'real pain' because it has slowed his commute to work.

I was the only person there with a disgusted look on my face, I couldn't say anything because I was working but fucking Hell, what a cunt.

Why couldn't you say anything?

I'd have at least said "Fucking diddums"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I've got a bairn & a mortgage & I can't risk losing my job because some complete & utter cunt who works for one of our clients has decided to put in a complaint about me.

• Upvote 1