You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grenfall Tower Fire

Looks dreadful and you can only imagine what the poor bastards stuck at the top went through, Some serious questions to be asked about whether fire regulations were flouted,

As usual the conspiracy theories are rife, There are some utter bellends out there and just waiting for Trump to blame ISIS 

Bets on the first Tory to show up and try to make political capital out of it . My money is on Gove

Bets on the first Tory to show up and try to make political capital out of it . My money is on Gove

I doubt very much any of them will, considering it's a heavily Conservative council who are responsible for the property.

I doubt very much any of them will, considering it's a heavily Conservative council who are responsible for the property.

Anyone hear the the council leader being interviewed on Sky News earlier? He sounded like a complete cunt when questioned about the management of the building.

No doubt they'll blame it on Brexit or the state of the economy that Labour left the country in.

Anyone hear the the council leader being interviewed on Sky News earlier? He sounded like a complete cunt when questioned about the management of the building.

No doubt they'll blame it on Brexit or the state of the economy that Labour left the country in.

Heard a woman in BBC earlier.

She was on the full defensive,claiming a safety test was just past a few weeks back.

Oh I don't know mate. " The country needs to come together in these difficult times and put their differences aside to support one another, We are committed to making Britain a better, safer place for all its citizens as we head into a post Brexit future " I've applied for the speech-writing vacancy at No 10 by the way,

Meanwhile back in the real world if the Tory council has turned a blind eye to whats been going on then a few heads on spikes would be in order, 

Beeb reporting that the fire warning notices in the flats had a "stay put" directive, if the fire was not directly effecting your flat.

I thought that was the protocol for all high rise flats tbf. In normal circumstances I think it is sound advice incase of fumes but the nature of this fire it was a bad thing.

Sounds like the firemen couldn't access the riser containing the water supply which would have allowed them to tackle the blaze from inside

Yep one guy saying he helped the fire brigade carry hoses to the nearest water supply as the water supply near the building wasn't working.

Clearly if this building has passed safety regulations then the regulations are worthless or more likely haven't been enforced? This is going to be a huge scandal, listening to the Tory councillor this morning they're already very defensive.

Astounding the way it took hold so quickly.

Can't begin to imagine the sheer panic that those high up in the building were going through. Anybody caught in it, really.

I'd hate to "go" like that. Quietly in one's sleep will be just fine for me.

It's a horrifying thought, burn or jump to your death? Reminiscent of 9/11.

Yep one guy saying he helped the fire brigade carry hoses to the nearest water supply as the water supply near the building wasn't working.

Clearly if this building has passed safety regulations then the regulations are worthless or more likely haven't been enforced? This is going to be a huge scandal, listening to the Tory councillor this morning they're already very defensive.

I've seen no evidence to say certain people haven't been greased up to look the other way..  Residents have been making a noise about safety issues for a while by all accounts

It's a horrifying thought, burn or jump to your death? Reminiscent of 9/11.

Jump.

On that subject, unconfirmed eye witness accounts of a baby being thrown from a 10th floor window and being caught and a 4 or 5 year old thrown from a 6th floor window, not caught but got away with bruises and some broken bones, which you'd take any day over the alternative.

A Sky News reporter has been slammed for telling a boy who escaped a burning tower block the 'plus side' was he would miss school.

Mark White was branded an "idiot" by social media users after he interviewed the boy with his grandmother after they fled the flames.

After asking him how he got out of the burning tower block, he told the boy: "So no school for you today then... it has a plus side I guess."

A Sky News reporter has been slammed for telling a boy who escaped a burning tower block the 'plus side' was he would miss school.

Mark White was branded an "idiot" by social media users after he interviewed the boy with his grandmother after they fled the flames.

After asking him how he got out of the burning tower block, he told the boy: "So no school for you today then... it has a plus side I guess."

I've seen pretty insensitive interviewing of witnesses on both the BBC and Sky this morning. Many of those poor people have clearly experienced a terrible event. Sky appear to be pretty keen to get the number of fatalities.