You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grenfall Tower Fire

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

The chairty she chaired received it's biggest donation from Arconic who the families are suing! If you were one of them would you be happy?  They couldn't find someone who wasn't linked? 

I don’t know, maybe she’s the best qualified and they think the link isn’t relevant.  Why would her old role influence her now? She’s a professional.    Maybe everyone in the industry has similar links.  

1 hour ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

She's still a trustee, I'm in the industry so no not everyone has links.

She certainly does not have more knowledge than the person she replaced especially in regard to social issues that the families want.

I find it an odd appointment that discards the feelings of those involved.

I’m more inclined to get the best person rather than feelings.  No offence but I’d imagine the higher up you go it’d be possible to have links to everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

And what makes you think she's the best person? Not sure what the last bit is meant to imply? She's not the top in the field or high up is she? She's a chartered engineer that is a director of a small company that happened to chair the womans engineering society charity.

I’ve just had a quick look at her LinkedIn profile. You are being a little disingenuous to say the least. 

saying that I’ve never set up a public enquiry so what do I know.  Other than I’d guess it’s fucking hard finding anyone who’d want to even do it. After all people start questioning your integrity before you’ve even picked up a pen.  

14 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

She oversaw the runways at Heathrow and then went into social housing very briefly and moved into health for the London ambulance service where she has been director of assets and property, the business she was a director of is a small company to say the least.

It's not about her integrity it's the fact that Johnson has no issue that the charity she headed took money from one of the companies involved in this disaster, it is also about the fact that the professor she has replaced was crucial for a view from social housing, something the families specifically asked for. Where as she's a chartered engineer who's experience with social housing is limited. 

Sir Martin Moore-Bicks has enough technical expertise as do others so what does she bring to the panel? 

So the retired judge with no engineering qualifications has enough technical expertise?  

Look, I’ve no dog in this fight, but your playing down of her career seems strange.  You don’t like her, she’s going to do it.  

maybe they’ve asked lots people and they’ve said no.  I know I’d steer well clear just in case Lily Allen accused me of ignoring the hundreds of bodies who the fire brigade conspired to smuggle out.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No doubt the replacement will have elbows that are too pointy or something. 

Or be a part of a concern that received a £71,000 grant from the party that is alleged to have installed the cladding involved in the tragedy. Almost the same really.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Sure I read this week that hardly any of the money collected or promised by the Govt has found it's way to the survivors or families.

The way they threw the Fire service under the bus to drag the process out and keep the real villains away from justice has Hillsborough written all over it.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Three years since this happened.

Been listening and watching various people talking about it this morning. The general consensus seems to be, fuck all has happened apart from lip service and token gestures. 

A lot like the reason BAME people are protesting yet they've been given the runaround for at least a century.

• Upvote 1