You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interesting Comments from Carra...

an tha

3 at the back solves nothing for us imo. It would make things worse with Milner and Clyne as the wingbacks.

Then you only have 5 positions further forward to fit Mane, Firmino,Coutinho,Sturridge,Origi,Henderson,Can,Lallana,Wijaldum etc

• Upvote 1

3 at the back solves nothing for us imo. It would make things worse with Milner and Clyne as the wingbacks.

Then you only have 5 positions further forward to fit Mane, Firmino,Coutinho,Sturridge,Origi,Henderson,Can,Lallana,Wijaldum etc

If we went to 3 at the back I would guess Clyne and Milner would be non starters but then i suppose you could argue neither are right for how we play now - especially clyne going forward.

It is a difficult puzzle

But making that change means no wife forwards so you need to move Mane central and also youd need 2 wingbacks and at least 1 if not 2 CB backs to include cover. Think it creates more than it solves to be honest

• Upvote 1

Carragher should stick to twitter spats with non-entities and leave this football lark for the pros.

Garth Crooks team of the week is where it's at, seriously believe that man channels Rinus Michels. In the final third, pressing, hanging one up at the back stick with his right peg.

• Upvote 1

But making that change means no wife forwards so you need to move Mane central and also youd need 2 wingbacks and at least 1 if not 2 CB backs to include cover. Think it creates more than it solves to be honest

You could always play your wife backwards.

• Upvote 4

Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same league can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

So we have to just jump straight and buy players from the off? Not for me. I will judge things come August and keep the sand out of my vagina until then.

... about playing in our defence how we are set up.

Three at the back the answer?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-struggle-find-right-centre-13170629

“I saw someone mention on social media the other week, it was a piece they'd written and it was spot on. Liverpool could buy, I don't know, (Leonardo) Bonucci and (Sergio) Ramos, two of the best in the world. But I still think they'd concede goals, because they're so open in the positions the full backs take up.

“It may not be a case of 'our centre backs are not good enough'. I think our centre backs are OK actually. 

“It's the modern way, full backs play like wingers. But I think the way Liverpool concede goals are set pieces – and that's not the centre backs' fault because the whole team comes back – and counter attacks."

That was me on ESPN that, he could have at least given me credit after stealing all my thoughts!

• Upvote 3

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. If we get a new CB, VVD or equivalent, maybe in some games we would go three at the back and Salah and Mane will be wing backs, with the emphasis on attack? Or maybe AOC will be for the right, Salah left, and Mane used up front a bit more? 

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. If we get a new CB, VVD or equivalent, maybe in some games we would go three at the back and Salah and Mane will be wing backs, with the emphasis on attack? Or maybe AOC will be for the right, Salah left, and Mane used up front a bit more?

We're shite with 2 CB's, the last thing I want is us to be shit at the back with 3 CB's.