You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interesting Comments from Carra...

an tha

Completely different this Rob. People in the public eye get goaded all the time and don't react. If this was Shearer or Neville or some shit we'd be horrfied.

I think he's a prick for doing it. I don't like the hypocrisy of them defending one and getting all moralistic over it and defending Cantona for kicking someone.

I know it's not nice and all that, but I really am struggling to care. He did something nasty, he's apologised. Move on.

Now, the bloke breaking the law by driving without due care and attention - with his wife and child in the car - that's a whole other level of cunt. I really hope the Police fine the fucker.

Oh dear.

As horrible as it is. I would like to think it has took more than “banter” for him to do that.

Daft bastard though. People film everything nowadays and there was no way he would have got away with that.

He’s had the balls to apologise, but I can’t see anyway back for him with Sky who are, outwardly at least, very image conscious.

The trial by Twitter is probably in full swing with people being outraged.

Silly boy Carra

It's out of order from Carragher.

But, once again, the holier than thou Manc fucks can go and swivel.

"By Chris Irvine

8:34AM GMT 31 Oct 2008

Wayne Rooney has a criminal record after he accepted a caution for spitting at a photographer.

The England and Manchester United striker has also written a letter of apology over the incident.

Rooney, 22, is said to have spat on Lee Simmons' back as he left a restaurant in London with his wife Coleen earlier this year.

Police had threatened to arrest him and send him to magistrates court unless he apologise.

He spent an hour and a half at Holborn police station on Thursday night, accompanied by his lawyers, before leaving in a chauffeur-drive silver Mercedes. He was cautioned for common assault.

A simple caution is not a criminal conviction, but it will be recorded on the police database.

He was first questioned the day after the incident in July but was not arrested.

He claimed to have spat on the ground outside the Hakassan Chinese restaurant but saliva on Mr Simmons' clothing however matched Rooney's DNA."