You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bee Gees

Thanks Neko for the Clive Anderson clip. Repped.

There was a bit of a personality clash there with (Barry?) Gibb and Clive Anderson. Anderson was always a bit irreverent and disrespectful, but it was all part of his schtick. Unfortunately the older Gibb seemed to want to be respected a bit more and he just got stuck on the tosser thing. It wasn't quite how I remembered it though. They carried on chatting for a good couple of minutes after Anderson said "You will always be Les Tossers to me." Watching that clip again though and you could see Barry's body language. The two younger brothers started to speak more as he was checking out, until finally he said, come on let's go.

Anyway, when I was a kid The Bee Gees were aaaarghhh. I wanted something more edgy. But then in time I have come to appreciate some of their tunes. Very talented band as it happens, not just as distinctive performers who captured the mood of a generation, but also as accomplished song writers.

• Upvote 2

Like Abba they are utter, utter, utter, utter shite.

We went to Miami on holiday last year & were on a tour where they said quite a few of their biggest hits were written & recorded there. I think Staying Alive (might be another song but I'm sure it was that steaming pile of turd) was based on some railway tracks near the studio & the trains going over it made the same beat as the song. And then we went over it to see for ourselves. Urgh. Almost ruined the entire holiday for me.

The song was Jive Talkin'. All this is, of course your opinion. If you look at both ABBA and Bee Gees record sales and fan base, that will tell you that you are blowing out of your arsehole. You may well not like them, but millions of other people do. To say they are utter utter utter utter shite, when they are/were both among the most prolific and best selling artists in the World, would suggest to me that you are talking uttter, uttter,utter, utter shite. Say what you want about them, but you can't deny their talent.

The song was Jive Talkin'. All this is, of course your opinion. If you look at both ABBA and Bee Gees record sales and fan base, that will tell you that you are blowing out of your arsehole. You may well not like them, but millions of other people do. To say they are utter utter utter utter shite, when they are/were both among the most prolific and best selling artists in the World, would suggest to me that you are talking uttter, uttter,utter, utter shite. Say what you want about them, but you can't deny their talent.

Oh course it's my opinion but those 2 bands are everything I hate in music.

If we're going on sales & fan base, we're saying bands like Take That, Boyzone, N'snyc, Backstreet Boys etc were the best bands of the last 20 years. Do you believe that to be correct?

• 3 years later...