You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are you ok with what it would cost to land Virgil Van Dyke?

tlw content

I am absolutely ok with the rumoured price.  It seems pretty clear that he's not our only target, and it seems clear that the club are willing to invest indecent players in this window.  I'll be happier once he's committed pen to paper, but no issues so far.

Ched Evans it is then.

• Upvote 6

He must've spoken to someone as he was impressed by klopps vision for the club and he was told he'd get whatever city were offering.

Southampton are being wankers though.

True but he might have just heard Wijnaldum discussing it and thought that's good. Of course no one else does it though....

Crazy price but I would be made up if we got him I thought mane was a crazy price too but his performances have made me forget about the price, hopefully Van Dijk can do the same, if it goes ahead of course. Shouldn't we get some kind of Southampton discount card at this stage customer loyalty and all that.

I am absolutely ok with the rumoured price.  It seems pretty clear that he's not our only target, and it seems clear that the club are willing to invest indecent players in this window.  I'll be happier once he's committed pen to paper, but no issues so far.

Hope he doesn't expose himself

• Upvote 1

Southampton now reporting us for tapping up.

What a load of bollocks that is, it's the equivalent of doping in athletics. Everyone does it in some form or other. Everyone knows it. Everyone pretends to hitch their skirts up over other people doing it.

Southampton will have spoken to their own targets this summer to check they're up for it, well before they speak to their clubs.

And anyway, half his old team mates are on our books so he no doubt just chatted to them about how awesome Klopp is.

Surely they will have to report city and Chelsea?

This,  If we want to keep Klopp then we have to back him when he wants to compete in the market for established talent. 25 mil buys a Markovic or a Lovren these days and most of these players don't step up to the next level, I'll be delighted if we stop monitoring the fuck out of target players and sign a few more of them

Too much for a defender?

Hmmm..

A. Entrance to Anfield next season; 55.000 specs paying 55£ for 19 matches = 57M

B. Buying VVD = 60M

I've got the solution for you John Henry- Eureka!

1. Don't spend a penny on a new central defender. Keep Wisdom at Anfield and stick with what we've got

2. Reduce entrance fees by 50%

3. Make yourself a profit of 30M. Buy a new house, a new car, a diamond ring to your babe and don't be shy about it. I promise you the fans will be happy.

Plus, we have spent a fraction of our income these last few years. 

We made a loss in the last accounts and had a cash balance of 8 million, obviously we don't know how this year's accounts look but I don't know where this idea we're sitting on a massive unspent cash reserve comes from.

Don't care about fees, it's not my money. 

It is.

It's a broader issue than a single transfer but I don't know how supporters (liverpool or otherwise) can complain about the cost of football for supporters while scoffing at sponsorship deals and demanding clubs spend millions on players yet don't see the link.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'll put it this way.

If you get a bus instead of a Taxi it's cheaper, but you have to walk to the bus stop, wait for said bus and hope it turns up in time. You then have to sit on said bus as it trundles its way to your destination, get off the bus and in most cases walk the rest of the way to your final destination. 

If you get a Taxi instead of a bus it costs more, but in general you get from A-B a shit load faster. 

Taxi for me. 

I'll put it this way.

If you get a bus instead of a Taxi it's cheaper, but you have to walk to the bus stop, wait for said bus and hope it turns up in time. You then have to sit on said bus as it trundles its way to your destination, get off the bus and in most cases walk the rest of the way to your final destination.

If you get a Taxi instead of a bus it costs more, but in general you get from A-B a shit load faster.

Taxi for me.

Where does the Babelcopter fit into your analogy mate, is it one rung below JWH's Yacht or one rung above Ayre's Harley?

Guest Pistonbroke

Where does the Babelcopter fit into your analogy mate, is it one rung below JWH's Yacht or one rung above Ayre's Harley?

Haha, Ayre's Harley has left 1860 Munich.