You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

The Chelsea stuff is interesting. One way or another it's starting to move now. If VVD sticks to his guns he will still come here, and Southampton will take the money from us, but we will probably have to beat Chelsea's offer to get the deal done. If the player blinks, and just decides he wants out, he will be a Chelsea player, as clearly Southampton would rather not deal with us.

It's frustrating that it has come to this, but well know soon enough.

My best guess is he will be a Liverpool player, as we will pay over the odds to make sure Klopp gets one of his two remaining main targets.

The Chelsea stuff is interesting. One way or another it's starting to move now. If VVD sticks to his guns he will still come here, and Southampton will take the money from us, but we will probably have to beat Chelsea's offer to get the deal done. If the player blinks, and just decides he wants out, he will be a Chelsea player, as clearly Southampton would rather not deal with us.

It's frustrating that it has come to this, but well know soon enough.

My best guess is he will be a Liverpool player, as we will pay over the odds to make sure Klopp gets one of his two remaining main targets.

We've been saying we'll know soon enough for about 8 weeks now! I think it'll go down to the last week of the window and Van Dijk won't be match fit till October wherever he's at.

Its just brinkmanship. southampton know van dijk doesnt want to play for them any more, he's training alone and even if they manage to make him stay, the fans will just give him dogs abuse for every goal they conceed when he's in the team.

Do southampton really want that never mind having disunity amongst the players?

They really need to swallow it and get the deal done then everyone can move on. Ive no doubt they'll leave it as late as possible in the window then the player isnt fit and obviously takes time to get fit with us. Problem there is it gives them little time to get any replacement in.

I really cant believe southampton are that stupid or intransigent.

I'm worried Southampton are going to do what we did with Suarez when he tried to move to Arsenal and done an interview at the time to try and force the move.

If they hold out until the window closes VVD will have no choice but to get his head down and start training and playing for them again.

And because of the length of contract he's signed recently the club hold all the power they can sell next summer for a similar amount easily enough.

Saintsweb are now convinced that VVD will be told to stay for one more year and then he can go... Pellegrino is personally brokering the deal between Virgil and the board.. sure

To be fair they have previous in doing this sort of thing. I don't really understand why. It's a risky strategy, say Van Dijk has a bad season or another one ruined by this ankle injury his value would plummet. I can't see his value going up either if he has another excellent season, £70m for a centre back is insane, I just can't see him or any other centre back on the planet going for £80/90/100m next summer so they should really sell now while his stock is at its highest.

If he sticks to his guns and continues to say he doesnt want to play for them, they'll have little option but to sell this window or winter at the very least.

Hope your right mate as we really need a CB and he'd be brilliant for us.

If he sticks to his guns and continues to say he doesnt want to play for them, they'll have little option but to sell this window or winter at the very least.

He won't really do that though in a World Cup year, when the window shuts and he's still there he'll knuckle down and play, he can't risk it, imagine buying a player for £60m for a player that hasn't kicked a ball for nearly two years, no one would buy him if he went on strike for a whole season.

If it wasn't us trying to buy him I'd personally love to see a club just say to their best player you ain't going anywhere yet and neither play them or sell them, I think that's the way it's going now with every premier League club being so rich, they can afford to do it if they really don't want someone to leave. Why sign a 6 year contract if after 6 months you want to leave, the power should be in the clubs hands.

If Southampton know he's going to go anyway, why don't they just get it over with so they can spend the 60 million. No value in them getting all that cash with 5 mins left in the window.

I don't think this one is over the line at all.

He won't really do that though in a World Cup year, when the window shuts and he's still there he'll knuckle down and play, he can't risk it, imagine buying a player for £60m for a player that hasn't kicked a ball for nearly two years, no one would buy him if he went on strike for a whole season.

If it wasn't us trying to buy him I'd personally love to see a club just say to their best player you ain't going anywhere yet and neither play them or sell them, I think that's the way it's going now with every premier League club being so rich, they can afford to do it if they really don't want someone to leave. Why sign a 6 year contract if after 6 months you want to leave, the power should be in the clubs hands.

He's doing it now, he's repeated he doesnt want to play for them. How would our fans react if a senior player says he doesnt want to play for us anymore then plays in the team? He'd get dogs abuse from the crowd and especially when a goal goes in.

You just cant have that atmosphere hanging around games. It does no one any good. How are his teammates going to react if after what he comes out with? There's always divisions in teams and that wont help one jot.

Yeah I know what you mean about making players stay, we're doing it with Coutinho so its a bit hypercritical.

I do think this is shitty business by us we should be nice people to deal with. It pays for itself.

LFC were always hard but never cunts.

Oh I dont know, we fucked frank worthington around. Thing is, hardly anything got to the public before tinterwebthingy.

I do think this is shitty business by us we should be nice people to deal with. It pays for itself.

LFC were always hard but never cunts.

Different days mate - clubs had all the cards before Bosman! Look at what we did to McManaman? 

I think all fans, for all clubs have a tendency to be hypocrites - Southampton didn't back off from VVD when he had just signed a contract with Celtic! 

I Personally don't think we have done anything wrong here - Southampton are being bitches and as per, we are too busy trying to be nice to cunts who don't want to know. Had United behaved exactly the same way - he'd be a United player by now. 

He's doing it now, he's repeated he doesnt want to play for them. How would our fans react if a senior player says he doesnt want to play for us anymore then plays in the team? He'd get dogs abuse from the crowd and especially when a goal goes in.

You just cant have that atmosphere hanging around games. It does no one any good. How are his teammates going to react if after what he comes out with? There's always divisions in teams and that wont help one jot.

Yeah I know what you mean about making players stay, we're doing it with Coutinho so its a bit hypercritical.

It all depends on how he does when he does play really though mate, Suarez wanted to leave and go to Arsenal of all clubs, not really improving himself just basically going sideways, I remember him in preseason that summer just wandering round the pitch and really not trying but when he realised he wasn't going anywhere he got his head right and had the best individual I've ever witnessed and we soon forgave him and he went to Barca with most fans blessing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms now. He wouldn't be if he had his way and moved to Arsenal that summer. So it can be done that a player can come back from this with the fans, football fans are very fickle.

I'm feeling a bit conflicted from when I popped over to saintsweb earlier. Yes they are retarded fucking pricks that are stealing oxygen, with a combined IQ of 20 (that's the whole city not just the website) but they hate RAWK. I mean they really hate RAWK, more than we do.

I know that when he signs for us (and he will) they'll be fuming, fuming worse than an Everton fan after a derby match. They will have their hate and we will have their best player (again) and it will be all the more funny because once again they won't get that huge fee to spend on a decent replacement. 

Shit city, shit football team and shit fans, why the fuck would any decent player not want out?

• Upvote 1

I'm feeling a bit conflicted from when I popped over to saintsweb earlier. Yes they are retarded fucking pricks that are stealing oxygen, with a combined IQ of 20 (that's the whole city not just the website) but they hate RAWK. I mean they really hate RAWK, more than we do.

I know that when he signs for us (and he will) they'll be fuming, fuming worse than an Everton fan after a derby match. They will have their hate and we will have their best player (again) and it will be all the more funny because once again they won't get that huge fee to spend on a decent replacement. 

Shit city, shit football team and shit fans, why the fuck would any decent player not want out?

I hate them! 

As I said yesterday - introduce him to the media on the latest liner we've 'stolen' from the pointless cunts! 

You ignoring Robertson and Solanke, or do you mean as first team starters?

The latter. We need proven quality not promise. Robertson might be better than Moreno - maybe not. Salah has been great, of course, as he's a good proven player. Should sign a couple more quality players. Sigh.

• Upvote 1

It all depends on how he does when he does play really though mate, Suarez wanted to leave and go to Arsenal of all clubs, not really improving himself just basically going sideways, I remember him in preseason that summer just wandering round the pitch and really not trying but when he realised he wasn't going anywhere he got his head right and had the best individual I've ever witnessed and we soon forgave him and he went to Barca with most fans blessing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms now. He wouldn't be if he had his way and moved to Arsenal that summer. So it can be done that a player can come back from this with the fans, football fans are very fickle.

Most fans saw that suarez to arsenal thing as a joke though. I think if he'd have come out and said numerous times he didnt want to play for us again, a lot of fans would have had a different opinion.

As Ive said before though, the best thing for us is if chelsea make a bid. That opens the door for us.

The latter. We need proven quality not promise. Robertson might be better than Moreno - maybe not. Salah has been great, of course, as he's a good proven player. Should sign a couple more quality players. Sigh.

Yep, I agree - certainly need one (we all know who), and probably another midfielder - although I think we can get away with that. 

Most fans saw that suarez to arsenal thing as a joke though. I think if he'd have come out and said numerous times he didnt want to play for us again, a lot of fans would have had a different opinion.

As Ive said before though, the best thing for us is if chelsea make a bid. That opens the door for us.

You are one mad bastard. 

• Upvote 1