Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

From all accounts it would seem Klopp doesn't rate Moreno.  But....he started the other night, in a game that meant a fair bit to Klopp under the circumstances.

I just wonder, or hope, that there is an element of Moreno's flaws that are from an immaturity, and that now he's age 25 he might have wobbled his head and seen he's got 5-7 years left in the game and wants to make the most of it.

Moreno's a very 'new' player in some ways.  He was officially promoted to the Sevilla first team in Feb 2013, so that's only 4 years ago he really made the step-up, and then 18 months later we're buying the lad for £12m.

Since then, a chequered history with us, including a horrible low in the 2016 Europa League Final.  Never really returned from that, and here we are now.

And despite that, we had AC Milan, Inter Milan, and Napoli all enquiring about him this summer.

he's best mates with coutinho 

he's best mates with coutinho 

Its a great ploy. Id probably do the same if i was that shit. Get pally with the star player ..less likely to be sold.

On Moreno.... He had one half decent game against a Bayern side that look uninterested and have had a shocking pre season....

The concept that deals worth tens of millions of pounds would rest on "friendships" between players in the squads is one of the more farcical suggestions on the internet.

Moore would do well to keep his mouth shut. Yet another laughable summer from this ownership management. Stick that greenhouse-loving clown in a press conference with Conor McGregor.

Apparently the Times are saying Chelsea are in for him and confident of getting the deal done.

In a way I'd actually just rather that happened than have us wait like idiots till the end of the window and end up with no one.

At least we could move on.

Means fuck all IF van Dijk sticks to his guns about only wanting to come here.

In a way I hope chelsea stick a bid in, southampton accept it and big Virg says fuck off, Im only going to Liverpool!

Is it wrong that the main thing that stood out for me in that article is that it is continued on page 69? Ha, 69!

Yikes! real dejavu... with Willian, Salah, I'm sure there were more.

8c87bd0effe46670c036b18d8d0619ef.jpg

If Chelsea do bid £50m then Southampton would save face by selling to us for £60m.

Us, Saints and VVD, win x3

£55m would do it. Bung Chelsea a couple of million and spend the change on a solid gold yacht captain's hat.

• Upvote 1

I would imagine Chelsea think they are in with a chance if Southampton refuse to deal with us at all. I'm sure van Dijk would prefer to play for Chelsea than Southampton at this point.

If we haven't completely burned bridges and Southampton will let us bid and van Dijk choose he could be headed here and this Chelsea interest might be a good thing to get things moving.

If Southampton are being arseholes this could fuck us up and he ends up at Chelsea.

Southampton will obviously prefer Chelsea buying him as it will look like a win in keeping him from us and keep the fans happy. Meanwhile they pocket the cash which is what they want anyway.

VvD has made his position at Southampton untenable now so he has to go, if he holds his nerve it will be to us, if he now just wants out then maybe he could end up there.