You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

£75m is fair.

He could have a shit season and we'd still get £40m out of him.

Would imagine there is a sell on fee with Celtic, they're trying to mitigate that.

When you look at what's already happened this summer with CB's, the likes of Rudiger, Bonucci, Keane, Lindeloff, Ake, Maguire, Benatia, Musacchio, Sule, I'd be very surprised to see another top CB other than VVD moving for big money.

If we don't spend on him then we're in an awkward position and could end up spending more than £75m trying to dislodge a big name from a reluctant selling club, or taking a big gamble on someone like Mammana.

The minute City paid £50m for Kyle fucking Walker they made this an easy ask for Southampton. And if we hadn't fucked them off earlier in the window, and actually put in a bid, then we may have got him for less before Walker's deal emerged.

At £75m you're probably paying about a £45m premium for a year in which he led Southampton to 11th place in the league before suffering a serious injury which will keep him out of competitive action for 7 months.

The whole scouting team needs fucking off if:

a ) They couldn't see he was a good player before 5 months of good form added £40-50m to his value

b ) They can't find a decent centre back now without obliterating the world record

• Upvote 3

Uh ho.

Jurgen Klopp has revealed Liverpool may be forced to pursue other transfer targets after admitting his patience is not limitless.

Liverpool have so far signed Mohamed Salah and Dominic Solanke, while they are closing in on Hull left-back Andy Robertson. If a deal is completed in the coming days, Robertson would remain in England rather than heading out to Hong Kong for the Premier League trophy.

The big targets of Virgil Van Dijk and Naby Keita, however, have proved out of reach so far. While Liverpool were left red-faced after Southampton reported them to the Premier League for an alleged illegal approach for Van Dijk, RB Leipzig have dug their heels in on Guinea international Keita.

425E0A0C00000578-4701616-image-a-7_15002

Liverpool have been targeting RB Leipzig's Guinea-born midfielder Naby Keita this summer  

Leipzig have rebuffed a £57million offer and made it clear they do not want anymore bids, even though Keita has his heart set on playing for Klopp. If the current impasse continues, Liverpool’s manager is aware that he will have to look elsewhere to sign the players he wants to bolster his squad.

‘We pretty much have all what you need,’ said Klopp. ‘But at the end it is still business, whether you have the money. You go out and see the car that you have been dreaming about your whole life. You say “here is the money” but they say to you “I don’t want to sell the car”. You say “but I have got the money!” but they say “I don’t want to sell.”

‘Things like this happen in life, not only football. It is not about this. They say “go for another car in another colour” but you say “that’s ok but I want this”. It is pretty simple. You can imagine how it works. It is not that we are doing something that other clubs aren’t doing. Or we are more silly or they are more smart.

'We have the money, we have different things but it is still like this. We want to have the right things (and not) just do something. It is not about a number. It is about how it fits together. We will see. If they (Liverpool’s owners) could make it quicker, you can imagine they would be here and trying. It’s not about money or something like this.’

Klopp’s ambition has always been to have transfer dealings wrapped up before pre-season training starts - 12 months ago Liverpool never made a signing after July 22 - but he recognises that it is no longer possible for things to be done that way, primarily because clubs do not want to sell.

‘If I could decide alone, we would be complete from the last day of last season,’ Klopp said, clicking his fingers to emphasise the point. ‘It would be done, shoot, there’s the new team. Thank you very much and all the rest. But that is dreamland and I am used to doing all the things. I can imagine if you are not involved it is annoying for fans.

4263398900000578-4701616-image-m-9_15002
+4
  •  

Liverpool's squad before they jetted off to Hong Kong as part of their pre-season preparations

425A137600000578-4701616-image-m-2_15002
+4
  •  

Boss Klopp wants to add to his Liverpool squad - pictured above during a friendly at Wigan

'They think “Oh my God! Nothing happens here! Everything happens there!”

'We cannot think like this. I like to have everyone here for the first day of training at the latest. But that is not possible anymore and probably won’t be possible again in the world, especially in England. So why should I moan about it?’

There are likely to be a number of outgoings from Liverpool in the coming days; Lazar Markovic is wanted by Watford, Zenit St Petersburg and several French clubs, while Sheyi Ojo could end up joining Newcastle on a permanent deal after they initially had a loan offer rebuffed.