You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

As has the cost of transfers and wages.

It shouldn't stop us spending but it should make us more aware of the frivelous type of spending being advocated on here at the moment especially on the back of the false idea that we're sitting on vast reserves of cash.

We're not talking an extra million to make it happen we're talking tens of millions over multiple players for players that have proven very little at the top level on a consistent basis and, frankly, don't warrant that level of spending.

The club are getting £200m from the tv deal, so go and get the players we want. I'm not arsed about fees for players, I just want the best players for us.

The game is not the working mans game and hasn't been for quite some time. I'm fed up with us being also rans. We just need a few players to get us challenging. No one sniffs at shearer being a record buy because he was value for money. Same as Mane last year. Look at us with Dani Alves, regretting penny pinching years later. I don't want to be doing that next year and the year after and....

Get it em bought now.

Because the demand is ever increasing and the EPL is a full of fat greedy cunts. Bundesliga manage reasonable ticket prices whilst competing in the transfer market.

Whats the transfer record for clubs in Germany 40 million euros maybe anf thats relatively recently.

Greed defjnetly plays a big part in it but so does culture, the premierleague is seen as the cash cow, players don't go to Germany expecting the same as they would here and, wrongly, that is passed onto supporters.

The club are getting £200m 

No they aren't.

Last year we got 90.4 million this year we got 148.4 that's 58 million in 'new money', for guaranteed money (money in the deal not dependent on TV appearances or league places) we picked up 55.5 million in 15/16 compared to 84.4 million in 16/17, an increase of 28.9 million.

That covers less than a third of the projected cost of the three targets even accounting for the lower end of Salah's deal.

No they aren't.

Last year we got 90.4 million this year we got 148.4 that's 58 million in 'new money', for guaranteed money (money in the deal not dependent on TV appearances or league places) we picked up 55.5 million in 15/16 compared to 84.4 million in 16/17, an increase of 28.9 million.

That covers less than a third of the projected cost of the three targets even accounting for the lower end of Salah's deal.

And if we don't spend what benefit will I see? Fuck all.

I watch the meltdown on here if we don't get our top targets. We never get our top targets so let's buck the trend and back our manager.

• Upvote 1

And if we don't spend what benefit will I see? Fuck all.

I watch the meltdown on here if we don't get our top targets. We never get our top targets so let's buck the trend and back our manager.

Wheres your line in the sand for the two deals bearing in mind we're not talking a Bale Ronaldo, Suarez or Messi?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Wheres your line in the sand for the two deals bearing in mind we're not talking a Bale Ronaldo, Suarez or Messi?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I don't have a say do I? The manager should be the one dictating that. I'm sure there is a tipping point for Klopp, but I want him to be the judge of that, not me or people on a forum who think they understand a players worth. Because let's be honest, everyone on here is guessing regarding what a player is actually worth.

No, that's what this place is for mate.

I didn't take it as a trick question. I am genuinely not arsed what we spend. I just want to rock up to Anfield next season in the knowledge that we have given Klopp and ourselves the best chance to win the league/CL. No more penny pinching,, just put up or don't be regarded as one the big boys.

Differs depending on the source as they count different things but most have us in the top 10.

Means the square root of fuck all mind.

On pure spend i'd be suprised if we weren't around the same though it's hard to pin down exact figures.

I would imagine it is hard to pin down but it feels like we punch below our weight when it comes to how we invest in our squad.

I would imagine it is hard to pin down but it feels like we punch below our weight when it comes to how we invest in our squad.

Especially considering we've received more money from player sales than any other club on earth in the last ten years or so.

I'd go to 140M for Keita and VVD. 

We've gone three windows without spending a penny to date, and if the worst comes to the worst and we have to keep our powder dry for another window or two after this one while we save up again, fine.

We've generally bought too many players a level or two below the best level, and it hasn't been good economy. I'd rather save our money and then when we spend get the best possible players we can attract.

We augment that with deals for young players, like a Gruijic/Gomez/Solanke who can help make up the numbers and if one or two end up making the grade then great; but if not, they would still be sold on at a profit. We also take advantage of the market when a Bosman or a low priced deal comes our way that helps us.

But generally, save your money and buy the best quality.

We're at that point now, and ready to spend. Or at least we better be!  

• Upvote 3

I agree with you Rev on your above post and I really hope it happens. Our manager to get backed to the hilt by getting the first choice players he wants is what we should be delivering as a club that has ambitions of challenging for the league next season.

I just can't see FSG sanction a move for even one of VVD or Keita with the fees being talked about.

If we're talking about buying two £80m players, we're getting into the sort of territory where I'd rather we took a step back and realise that we could bid for absolutely anyone.

Suarez

Alli

Reus

I'd like to go back in for Zaha as well, great third wide option with Salah and Mane.