Quantcast
Virgil Van Dijk - Page 4 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

Be very happy if it goes through.

Reminds me of a less cuntish Rio Ferdinand.

Agree, a stronger version of Ferdinand. From what I've seen he appears to be a perfect centre back without any obvious weaknesses.

Southampton will get 50-60 mill for him, and VVD will be the top earner at LFC. The big hurdle was getting him onboard with Klopp's vision, and say "no thanks" to City, Chelsea, etc. That's happened, and the deal should now go through.

Ace!

So if this happens.

Sounds like Robertson might be the LB. Clyne and TAA for RB

-----------------Mig

Clyne----Matip--VVD--Robertson

------------------Can

----------Lallana--Coutinho

Mane-------------------------Salah

-------------------Firmino

Doesn't look too bad

I wonder if this deal means they'll miss out on Keita and felt they had to push this one through.

Add another striker and midfield option there and we are looking far stronger

Wow...even when people kept saying he preferred us I didn't expect us to actually sign him, he's a monster, he's a huge signing for us! Get Keita over the line and Keita, Van Dijk and Salah is a impressive start to the window, it adds bags and bags of pace all over the pitch.

So if this happens.

Sounds like Robertson might be the LB. Clyne and TAA for RB

-----------------Mig

Clyne----Matip--VVD--Robertson

------------------Can

----------Lallana--Coutinho

Mane-------------------------Salah

-------------------Firmino

Doesn't look too bad

I wonder if this deal means they'll miss out on Keita and felt they had to push this one through.

Add another striker and midfield option there and we are looking far stronger

I'd switch Mane and Salah, have them cutting in (Mane is right footed isn't he?)

Wow...even when people kept saying he preferred us I didn't expect us to actually sign him, he's a monster, he's a huge signing for us! Get Keita over the line and Keita, Van Dijk and Salah is a impressive start to the window, it adds bags and bags of pace all over the pitch.

Might want to temper that enthusiasm.

Cant see Keita being done myself. I do wonder after them saying they wont sell Keita and the Fulham lad wanting Spurs made them think they had to push this through

Also worth noting if we get 20ml for Sakho then are starting CB will have cost us £40ml net between them.

Moneyball innit

I'd switch Mane and Salah, have them cutting in (Mane is right footed isn't he?)

Yeah

Mane played on the left

The front 3/4 are normally pretty fluid anyway these days.

He's a mix of Baresi, Maldini, Stam, Bonucci and Ramos.

Seriously though, if we're spending £60M I'd have hoped it would be on a goalkeeper or striker as they're the points winners in this league.

• Upvote 2

Also worth noting if we get 20ml for Sakho then are starting CB will have cost us £40ml net between them.

Moneyball innit

we could give lovren back to southampton as part of deal win win

Mongoloid City fans on Bluemoon, who almost all refer to us as dippers, have gone from him being the best thing since sliced bread to an overpriced untested defender not fit to lace John Stones boots.

He's a mix of Baresi, Maldini, Stam, Bonucci and Ramos.

Seriously though, if we're spending £60M I'd have hoped it would be on a goalkeeper or striker as they're the points winners in this league.

Like De Gea? And Zlatans 17 goals in 28 Apps? And still finish 6th.