Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

If I'm Klopp and the coaching staff I'm telling the social media guys and the club site to stop posting these pics of Joe and Virg' looking like they're close to a comeback. It isn't going to be for us this season. Don't wanna be be giving that dick Southgate or the Dutch any ideas with the Euros coming up. Shut it down, stop talking about it and let's have them both fresh and raring to go in August. 

• Upvote 4

He must be gutted. Twelve months ago he should have been leading his country out in the best form of his life, his first chance to play at a major tournament. 

Hopefully he is ready for pre season and is determined to make up for lost time next season. 

Is the right decision. Agreed, the lad must be gutted at how he was crippled by that cunt. How many of our players have been put out of action and forced into a major lay off by those yarddogs?

Hendo needs to come out and do the same and say he isnt available for the Euros even though he knows it will be his last major international championship.

Trent also needs to phone in sick for the Euros as well as Ive a sneaky feeling Southgate will call him up due to the increased squads they're allowed.

I’m not too arsed about Trent being called up, he’s young and it’s good experience plus that pandering cunt Southgate will give in to pressure to play him as a midfielder so we could let England take the punt on that front.

He could have gone to the Euros and possibly broken down again having rushed his recovery in a desperate attempt to play for his country in an international tournament for the first time. Opting out and choosing to focus on getting back stronger is the smart move, and one that will help extend his career and compete at the highest level for longer. The Dutch will most likely qualify for the next World Cup, so that's the international tournament to aim for.

• Upvote 1

Mo, take fucking note

I'll be pissed off if he gives up preseason and the first week or two of the season to go to Japan for the Olympics. Especially with Japan still struggling with covid rates still a issue there

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

Imagine what it's going to be like as a forward coming up against these two next season. 

20210717_143716.jpg

I know loads of people have been saying konate is big, but he even looks massive next to vvd there. 

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I hope he gets a 3 game ban for doing harm to that gormless cunt the next time we play them.

Nah mate, planting a couple of headers in the onion bag in each derby will be enough!

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I know loads of people have been saying konate is big, but he even looks massive next to vvd there. 

The guy is a fucking unit, that's for sure. He can really shift, too. 

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The guy is a fucking unit, that's for sure. He can really shift, too. 

I'd rather he was just a bloody good defender and the rest is just icing on the cake.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd rather he was just a bloody good defender and the rest is just icing on the cake.

Part of being a good defender is having the physical attributes to do it. Virgil’s pace is unreal, his physical presence is unreal. For all his ability as a defender, if he was 8 stone and slow, he’d be a fraction of the player he is. 

The point is, it’s not the icing on a cake so much a prerequisite in the same way somebody with a great boxing brain isn’t going to do well if they’re gassed after two minutes or somebody who is great with a racket but doesn’t have the strength to deal with fast aces won’t ever make it. You need these things to be a bloody good defender in the modern game. Otherwise you’ll get outpaced or outmuscled pretty quickly. We all want him to be a bloody good defender, but that doesn’t mean we should belittle the other attributes. 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Part of being a good defender is having the physical attributes to do it. Virgil’s pace is unreal, his physical presence is unreal. For all his ability as a defender, if he was 8 stone and slow, he’d be a fraction of the player he is. 

The point is, it’s not the icing on a cake so much a prerequisite in the same way somebody with a great boxing brain isn’t going to do well if they’re gassed after two minutes or somebody who is great with a racket but doesn’t have the strength to deal with fast aces won’t ever make it. You need these things to be a bloody good defender in the modern game. Otherwise you’ll get outpaced or outmuscled pretty quickly. We all want him to be a bloody good defender, but that doesn’t mean we should belittle the other attributes. 

I wasnt disparaging your comment but simply prioritising my own preferences,nothing more.