You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

57 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

An explanation of the process  and the new rules here. 

That's a decent thread explaining the offsides... makes sort of sense now

Doesn't explain Coote and the process bullshit

There must have been other people in the VAR cave who knew they'd missed the Re card, why didn't they say anything?

What about Oliver? Why didn't he ask for clarification?

Var works very well in rugby and cricket. Is it just football that has to suffer from the actions of imbeciles?

59 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

An explanation of the process  and the new rules here. 

if it is all that easy and clear - basically they're both offside because of the new handball law, why couldn't the PGMOL just issue that information at the weekend? 

this is one of the things that annoys me with this microscope offside. nobody knew or cared your arm could be offside before this shit. then they say you can't be offside with your arm because you can't score with your arm. then they fuck with the handball law so much, they change offside and with all this it is still subjective because some cunt like coote has to drop the pin on the players for the computer to take over. 

honestly, this all needs to end. 

2 minutes ago, mattyq said:

That's a decent thread explaining the offsides... makes sort of sense now

Doesn't explain Coote and the process bullshit

There must have been other people in the VAR cave who knew they'd missed the Re card, why didn't they say anything?

What about Oliver? Why didn't he ask for clarification?

Var works very well in rugby and cricket. Is it just football that has to suffer from the actions of imbeciles?

there is an assistant in the room and that is it. 

to be fair to oliver, i am not sure he had much of a view. why would he ask for clarification if he didn't know it was a bad challenge? the lino did though. 

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

What law change makes Mane offside.

the new handball. you can now use the part of your arm that has a short sleeve shirt. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

to be fair to oliver, i am not sure he had much of a view. why would he ask for clarification if he didn't know it was a bad challenge? the lino did though. 

the new handball. you can now use the part of your arm that has a short sleeve shirt. 

Oliver should have spoken to the lino and asked his opinion then gone to VAR. Should be obvious to him and any decent ref

They job is really difficult so it should be second nature to get a 2nd opinion

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

Oliver should have spoken to the lino and asked his opinion then gone to VAR. Should be obvious to him and any decent ref

They job is really difficult so it should be second nature to get a 2nd opinion

i think that is the lino's job to draw his attention. i don't see how it is obvious. let's assume he hasn't seen it at all. his lino flags and he knows there is someone watching on tv with as many replays as he wants. his assumption can't be it was a violent challenge. he only reacts like you expect should he know it has been a bad challenge. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He shouldn't of needed attention brought to anything though really. Me personally I'd of thought hmmmm that player is on the floor receiving treatment and in a really bad way.. maybe I should take a look at this whilst he is being treated. Whats the point in the off pitch screen. 

players are always on the floor getting treatment. it doesn't make them red card offences. olivers position was pretty much where you would expect, but it meant he was in about the worst possible position to see the vvd incident, there's about 16 players between oliver and the challenge - the lino should have a great view though (and I assume does because they flag for the pen). as for the monitor, he can only use that should the var official request him to. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

players are always on the floor getting treatment. it doesn't make them red card offences. olivers position was pretty much where you would expect, but it meant he was in about the worst possible position to see the vvd incident, there's about 16 players between oliver and the challenge - the lino should have a great view though (and I assume does because they flag for the pen). as for the monitor, he can only use that should the var official request him to. 

Then its all bullshit. 

18 hours ago, dave u said:

Fuck that. He's literally the last centre back in the league I'd want. He'd get ruined playing a high line in a back four.

Going back to my post a couple of days back then...which attribute is it that you think we need the most?

Because we just can't afford, or even find, another player who ticks all boxes that Virgil does.

• Pace
  • Power
  • Strength
  • Aerial ability
  • Passing
  • Tackling
  • Leadership
  • Experience
  • Technique

I think pace and aerial ability are vital, everything else is negotiable or can be mitigated. 

7 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Going back to my post a couple of days back then...which attribute is it that you think we need the most?

Because we just can't afford, or even find, another player who ticks all boxes that Virgil does.

• Pace
  • Power
  • Strength
  • Aerial ability
  • Passing
  • Tackling
  • Leadership
  • Experience
  • Technique

I think pace and aerial ability are vital, everything else is negotiable or can be mitigated. 

Pretty much. Aerial ability one, pace two and ability on the ball three.

20 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

• Pace
  • Power
  • Strength
  • Aerial ability
  • Passing
  • Tackling
  • Leadership
  • Experience
  • Technique

But all these attributes, minimum 15+, into advanced search on Footy Manager and see what comes back. Easy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He was standing around for a couple of minutes, would it not be normal to enquire with the guy who has a TV to ask him what happened the chap? 

1 minute ago, No2 said:

He was standing around for a couple of minutes, would it not be normal to enquire with the guy who has a TV to ask him what happened the chap? 

i don't know, i have never listened to the back and forth between a referee and a VAR to know if that is normal or not and what the protocols are. i have an impression the way it is reported, it is not a normal 2 way conversation and is driven by the var, but i don't know this to be the case. 

55 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i don't know, i have never listened to the back and forth between a referee and a VAR to know if that is normal or not and what the protocols are. i have an impression the way it is reported, it is not a normal 2 way conversation and is driven by the var, but i don't know this to be the case. 

I just think its normal in any life situation to ask someone that seen an incident, what happened and are they OK? They were standing around with nothing to do while the physios worked. Oliver is not the main issue here but he is also partially responsible. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck, we're now at the point with Matip that we send him for scans when he's not injured just to make sure he's not injued. 

I'm just waiting for them to find something wrong with him that is so rare, it ends up being called Matip Syndrome.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, No2 said:

I just think its normal in any life situation to ask someone that seen an incident, what happened and are they OK? They were standing around with nothing to do while the physios worked. Oliver is not the main issue here but he is also partially responsible. 

I would say out of 3 people who were in a position to figure this out, Oliver is the least to blame, followed by the lino. For me I can't get past anyone who has videos just brushes past it. Put yourself in Oliver's shoes, don't you think you should expect both you lino and var to pick that up without him holding their hand? He's the main official, so he has to accept some blame, but I just think it is just unacceptable from Coote to the point I don't think he should have a job. 

• Upvote 2