Quantcast
Virgil Van Dijk - Page 295 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

Recommended Posts

Its not like Pickford hasn't form for this either. Remember his tackle on Delle Ali before?  He needs a lengthy retrospective ban for this 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Its not like Pickford hasn't form for this either. Remember his tackle on Delle Ali before?  He needs a lengthy retrospective ban for this 

Agreed.

Let's hope that the powers that be do the right thing and punish the little shite and not turn a blind eye and favour the England goalkeeper.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Razoray said:

League Cup game wasn't it?

No. It was a competition during the European ban.

 

Maybe my memory is playing up. Could have sworn it was that game Beglin got crocked but he's on2 legs in this pic after the game!

 

https://footballwhispers.com/blog/the-trophy-that-nobody-wanted-the-screen-sports-super-cup/

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Kept thinking of Jim Beglin this morning. Younger posters might see him as a slightly irritating pundit but he was a brilliant young defender butchered by an Everton player. At least then, there was a lot of sympathy for him in an era when they really were our rivals on the pitch.

 

Now, you just know that a large number of them are loving Pickford and Richarlison. 

I was about 10 yards away from that in the enclosure, it was horrible, both the sound when it went and you could see his shin bone pushing up his shin pad 

53 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Screen Sports Super Cup Final at the pit. Was at that game on the shitty terracing they had at the Park End in them days. The only difference between that and pickford's was that Beglin had to be carried off on a stretcher.

No, it was the league cup. I was in the park end for the super cup (which was a strangely great night considering the shitness of the completion and getting played the season after it started) and the enclosure for the league cup. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Seeing a specialist today apparently.

Not sure why it's him seeing the specialist. It's the club's knee. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was about 10 yards away from that in the enclosure, it was horrible, both the sound when it went and you could see his shin bone pushing up his shin pad 

 

We must have been stood right by eachother. I was right by it. Stood at the very front, right in line with where it happened. I didn't even notice at first and then my mate screamed out "eeeee look at his leg!" and then I saw it. Barely watched the rest of the game as I felt sick.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Kept thinking of Jim Beglin this morning. Younger posters might see him as a slightly irritating pundit but he was a brilliant young defender butchered by an Everton player. At least then, there was a lot of sympathy for him in an era when they really were our rivals on the pitch.

 

Now, you just know that a large number of them are loving Pickford and Richarlison. 

He was a weak link in a great side. Shame about the injury, I heard the crack from the top row of the top balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Leighton banes did a horror ninja tackle on Mane at home in 2017. He was lucky to escape injury from that 

He didn't escape from injury. He missed the rest of the season, about 7 games, and we limped over the line to qualify for the champions league.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

In my mind, I’ve written him off playing for us again this season. 

Me too. And of course it happens straight after the transfer window closes. Can’t even get Stephen fucking Caulker back in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dave u said:

 

We must have been stood right by eachother. I was right by it. Stood at the very front, right in line with where it happened. I didn't even notice at first and then my mate screamed out "eeeee look at his leg!" and then I saw it. Barely watched the rest of the game as I felt sick.

I was about level with the edge of the box and it didn't really go far back anyway as you know and the running track was maybe even smaller than now if that's possible. If I recall correctly, it happened about a yard or two from the corner of the pen area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was about 10 yards away from that in the enclosure, it was horrible, both the sound when it went and you could see his shin bone pushing up his shin pad 

No, it was the league cup. I was in the park end for the super cup (which was a strangely great night considering the shitness of the completion and getting played the season after it started) and the enclosure for the league cup. 

I remember that luckily I was in the Gwladys St so I didn’t see it as much as you guys .

I remember Alan Hansen saying the next day after Stevens and Everton defended the tackle (some things never change ) “apart from it being a mile high and an hour late it was fine” 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Me too. And of course it happens straight after the transfer window closes. Can’t even get Stephen fucking Caulker back in!


Hopefully he’s fit for the Euros and gets his match fitness back for the Dutch and is raring to go in time for August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Seeing a specialist today apparently.

 

Hopefully not that German fella we always used to send knee injuries to, Hans Muller Woolfart or whatever it was, they always seemed to come back permacrocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Hopefully not that German fella we always used to send knee injuries to, Hans Muller Woolfart or whatever it was, they always seemed to come back permacrocked.

This fella

 

image.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brighton signed Danny Welbeck today so we must be allowed to pick up out of contract players. List is bleak enough as you would imagine, Mariappa at Watford is available. He always struck me as capable, he's 35 though. We need someone though, wouldn't surprise me if Matip was injured before Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of contract players are out of contract because nobody wants them. Virgil's going to miss games, it's just a question of how many.

 

We'll soldier through until the next window and buy someone if he's out for most of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pickfords tackle was that of a desperate player knowing his days are numbered at the top level, well at least he's confirmed his legend status across the park before he leaves. Chicken armed Twat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Out of contract players are out of contract because nobody wants them. Virgil's going to miss games, it's just a question of how many.

 

We'll soldier through until the next window and buy someone if he's out for most of the season.

We did take on Adrian when he was out of contract. It's not like we've never done it under Klopp. Although, some would say "look how that worked out".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×