Quantcast
Virgil Van Dijk - Page 293 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Here we go again, an imaginary 4th choice centre back who's going to be as good as Virgil is better than Matip and Gomez, is going to sit on the bench until needed, isnt going to cost less than 30m and probably wants 100k a week. Oh and he has to be 'home grown' otherwise he could not be in the squad unless we shipped some other non home grown player out.

 

If only the premier league was FIFA 2020.

The sand shite you used to say about a forward until we signed Jota. 

 

Amazing how we're the only big club who can have room for three centre backs. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Playing this replacements game, we sold Lovren and Hoever and who replaced them? Fabinho I keep on hearing. He. Is. A. Midfielder. Yes he's done well at centre back when filling in. But we miss what he brings in midfield. That's OK, Hendo can play his position. Yes, but now we have 2 first teamers playing out of their ideal position. It just looks like a gamble that might still, just about pay off, but it's not looking good is it? 

 

Hopefully one of the kids is ready, Koumetio maybe, I really have no idea. 

 

Someone said how can we prepare for the completely unpredictable scenario of VVD getting injured? All players get injured, of course it's something you mitigate, especially this year when the fixtures are so congested. 

 

It should also be said that both Fabinho and Henderson both played CB last season when we still had Lovren and Hoever. This CB situation isn't new, Barry especially has been beating this drum for a couple years. 

 

I like both Matip and Gomez, great players, so this isn't about doubting their talent. 

Thiago shone at holding mid for Bayern last year, he’s more than capable of playing that role for us to an elite level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Grinch said:

The sand shite you used to say about a forward until we signed Jota. 

 

Amazing how we're the only big club who can have room for three centre backs. 

But it's out of choice. We've obviously decided having three and using Fabinho if need be is the way to go and when you see his performance against Chelsea you can see why. So what's the problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's about everyone just gets behind the cb s we have and those who may fill in .  Believe me the goalkeeping situation at the club below Allison is shocking and is of far more.of a worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grinch said:

Yes it was a red and a penalty.   A collision which happens when playing football. 

 

Stupid cunts who've never kicked a ball calling for him to be kneecapped, need a good shoeing themselves. 

I play football and I'm playing this morning, and I still want him kneecapped. You stupid cunt.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant see him walking off if his ACL was damaged that badly. Doesnt mean he won't be out for a while but I'd be surprised if it was the extreme amount of time we've heard so far. We will cope regardless. We constantly talk about how many world class players we have most teams don't even have one so are we saying klopp isn't a good enough manager to deal with that. Klopp elevates players and teams he isnt a Pep type manager. VVD or not we still have an excellent group of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

But what would you have done, sell Matip or Gomez and buy Koulibaly? There's no top quality CB, that comes to be 4th choice, and Klopp wouldn't have just relegated one of those two to 4th choice. To say an injury to van Dijk blew up in our face is at the same time a complete eye-roller because obviously one of the best defenders in the world getting injured stinks, but also there's just no way to mitigate that kind of risk. It's like if Messi got injured, and people said "oh Barca don't have a guy to get 40 goals and 30 assists in a season to replace him, poor planning". Like, give me a break. 

So I think there's 2 points. Firstly, what I would do, I've said earlier on this thread. I thought it was a problem before this season and a year ago I would have sold any 2 of the centre backs who were not vvd and brought in an top centre back with a good injury record. I'm not against going with 3 if you think 2 of them will be fit nearly every week. However, it really isn't a revolutionary idea to have 4 specialist centre backs. In fact I think at times under klopp we had 5. 

 

Secondly you're assuming people wanted a 4th choice centre back to replace vvd, when we saw last season we needed lovren plenty of times and VVD played every week. The 4th choice would be someone who fills in when Gomez and matip aren't available normally because they aren't plenty of times - well unless you you pull off a thiago style deal and have someone who'll play ahead of them. Now vvd is injured, that issue becomes even bigger, because it's absolutely certain matip and Gomez will be injured at the same time, because they have been every single year since they've been at the club, because they're both injury prone. So when you're at that point, you're down to a centre midfielder and who? Billy the kid? Henderson? Gini? Come on. 

 

And that's before you consider as far as we know none of matip/Gomez/fabinho have had covid yet. And we're playing 2 games a week pretty much all season. 

 

It's pretty standard in this level of football to have 4 centre backs. Carrying just 3 would be a risk for any side. Carrying 3 when 2 of them are complete fitness flakes surely you can see we carried a risk even without VVD's injury. 

49 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nobody has confirmed anything. The 7-8 month is a rumour started by Bein with no substance.

Well bein with one of their panelists texting vvd directly. I'm not sure what substance you'd want aside from a letter from the doctor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I cant see him walking off if his ACL was damaged that badly. Doesnt mean he won't be out for a while but I'd be surprised if it was the extreme amount of time we've heard so far. We will cope regardless. We constantly talk about how many world class players we have most teams don't even have one so are we saying klopp isn't a good enough manager to deal with that. Klopp elevates players and teams he isnt a Pep type manager. VVD or not we still have an excellent group of players.

Agree with that Bobby.

 

Nothing confirmed yet. It isn't good we know but nothing confirmed. The latest is the club aren't impressed with Bein and have contacted them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
 
Well bein with one of their panelists texting vvd directly. I'm not sure what substance you'd want aside from a letter from the doctor


I don’t think VVD is texting confidential club medical information to De Jong. Especially as we won’t have the results of the scans and full specialists opinion yet. He may have said what he was being investigated for at most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:


I don’t think VVD is texting confidential club medical information to De Jong. Especially as we won’t have the results of the scans and full specialists opinion yet. He may have said what he was being investigated for at most. 

Well firstly who said it's full medical opinion? in fact they said Liverpool are awaiting confirmation. I think it would be pretty normal if a mate text and said "what's happening" you might just reply and say "just had a scan, it looks like an ACL". You're assuming vvd was sneaking some scan report and sending photos of them to de Jong, it could have been half a dozen words. It's just 2 lads texting with each other. I would even bet the way it happened is de Jong took the text during the 1st half of the city game and wasn't expecting keys to "break the story". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anubis said:


I don’t think VVD is texting confidential club medical information to De Jong. Especially as we won’t have the results of the scans and full specialists opinion yet. He may have said what he was being investigated for at most. 

Wonder how close he is to De Jong? On the surface it might be that he is an ex team mate that he likes. If De Jong passed on the info to keys, then he is a bit of a knob.

 

If i was in Virgil's position in the hospital, I might be contacting my wife, my agent or my team mates giving them an idea of what is being said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m seeing a lot of whataboutery from the scummy bastards around Robertson on Allan. They don’t understand the difference between a flick out in frustration and an actual assault.

Mina’s also lucky to get away with leading with his arm in the lead up to the Richarlison one. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’m seeing a lot of whataboutery from the scummy bastards around Robertson on Allan. They don’t understand the difference between a flick out in frustration and an actual assault.

Mina’s also lucky to get away with leading with his arm in the lead up to the Richarlison one. 

Robbo on Allan? He's just been pushed and is stumbling. It's not even a foul, let alone serious foul play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’m seeing a lot of whataboutery from the scummy bastards around Robertson on Allan. They don’t understand the difference between a flick out in frustration and an actual assault.

Mina’s also lucky to get away with leading with his arm in the lead up to the Richarlison one. 

Just seen one going on about our fans attacking Alan Smith's ambulance after he was injured in the FA Cup game in 2005. 

 

Even though he came out years ago saying it never happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Just seen one going on about our fans attacking Alan Smith's ambulance after he was injured in the FA Cup game in 2005. 

 

Even though he came out years ago saying it never happened. 

Come on, mate. Don't take that away from them. That and PEDs is what gets them through the night. They went out to hurt our players. It's as simple as that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well firstly who said it's full medical opinion? in fact they said Liverpool are awaiting confirmation. I think it would be pretty normal if a mate text and said "what's happening" you might just reply and say "just had a scan, it looks like an ACL". You're assuming vvd was sneaking some scan report and sending photos of them to de Jong, it could have been half a dozen words. It's just 2 lads texting with each other. I would even bet the way it happened is de Jong took the text during the 1st half of the city game and wasn't expecting keys to "break the story". 


You can bet whatever you want. I’ll wait for the proper assessment and I think the Bein stuff is speculation, and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

The problem with "sign another CB " is that that player would either be a promising young player, like White or whoever, who probably would have cost a fortune and/or not been really reliable anyway or meant we couldn't sign Jota, or a "backup" like Lovren/Klavan type player. I'd take my chances with Fabinho playing there. 

We sold Hoever,who looked half decent and might have allowed a bit more flexibility across the back line given he plays as a full back too. As for the GK situation and as others have said,Adrian should have gone after the Atletico fiasco. I can't believe there isn't better cover than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Agree with that Bobby.

 

Nothing confirmed yet. It isn't good we know but nothing confirmed. The latest is the club aren't impressed with Bein and have contacted them.

While the club are busy contacting people, they should also get on top of these PED tweets. A couple of the big Everton twitter accounts have needle emojis, now these cunts are probably raking it in, let them spent 100k defending themselves in court. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We sold Hoever,who looked half decent and might have allowed a bit more flexibility across the back line given he plays as a full back too. As for the GK situation and as others have said,Adrian should have gone after the Atletico fiasco. I can't believe there isn't better cover than him.

Klopp preferred Williams to Hoever for right back. That's good enough for me. Milner can play there as well. I can't really comment with any great authority on what Hoever could do at CB but he'd be our fifth choice there at best if he was still here, so I honestly don't see how he's relevant. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’m seeing a lot of whataboutery from the scummy bastards around Robertson on Allan. They don’t understand the difference between a flick out in frustration and an actual assault.

Mina’s also lucky to get away with leading with his arm in the lead up to the Richarlison one. 

Robertson was pushed by one of their players and off balance and so completely different scenario - social media around VVD injury has been deeply depressing and a reflection of everything that is bad in society where people think posting v unpleasant comments and attitudes is either funny or a badge of honour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×